Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is nightmare for epeen?

LordVaulker
02.24.2012 , 03:57 AM | #1
Last couple raids on HM my guild got two rakata drops off each boss. This begs the question then, what is the point of nightmare mode? Is it just to show off a guilds epeen?

MashTactics
02.24.2012 , 04:01 AM | #2
As far as I can tell.

I hear that there are a few special schematics and other goody goodies that drops, but it essentially exists as something that you can rub all over your opponent's face until they cry.

Feebs
02.24.2012 , 04:05 AM | #3
I've fully cleared Nightmare, and I don't feel like it is for epeen. The game is so simple that the only real challenge are the unintended bugs that you have to deal with. This combined with more damage and more boss health are the only thing that make Nightmare mode a challenge. Some of us don't like completely faceroll games and nightmare mode is the closest thing here to escaping that.

TheRealMike
02.24.2012 , 04:41 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Feebs View Post
I've fully cleared Nightmare, and I don't feel like it is for epeen. The game is so simple that the only real challenge are the unintended bugs that you have to deal with. This combined with more damage and more boss health are the only thing that make Nightmare mode a challenge. Some of us don't like completely faceroll games and nightmare mode is the closest thing here to escaping that.
That guy here seems to have a very large one. ^^
Think of it this way. Lets say that you move from Moreno Valley, California to Groton, Connecticut. On the way along, you constantly find his epeen. ^^
Just point me in the direction of the action!

Assaultrooper
02.24.2012 , 04:45 AM | #5
IT IS NOT FOR EPEEN!

However I will like to Point out My guild cleared KP AND EV nightmare modes 3 times already! That how awesome we are!
Quote: Originally Posted by CrunkShizzle View Post
Just wonderin how AP is lookin pvp wise
Could be worse

Crixaliss
02.24.2012 , 04:48 AM | #6
Whats all this epeen crap about?

Whats the purpose of doing nightmare mode... is 'for fun or the challenge' not a valid answer?

To the OP: Whats the purpose of any part of this game, or any MMO for that matter? To advance you character, advance your gear, to what end? If its not for the fun/challenge of the game, it must all be to advance your epeen right?

Steel_Blackheart
02.24.2012 , 05:37 AM | #7
Are you only doing raids for the gear, and purely for Rakata? then for the most part NM is not something you would have to do.

what it is though, for 16man is 1: a bigger harder challenge (Thinking railshot on Jarg/Sorno here and like mechanics with autoonshots) 2: you do get in 16mans 2 mounts off the last boss instead of one, and since i have the SOA mount i have to wait until half the raid gets the Karagga mount before i can roll on it (btw im raid leader and thats the rule i choose for fairness) 3: a way to turn content youve already done into a lil bit newer and more fun, tho yes this is just 1 rehashed to an extent.

so yeah, if you wanna do the minimum work to get Rakata gear and ignore everything else that is PvE, HM looks like its all you need.

oh, and there are the titles you can get for speed clearing 16man NM. Personally im looking forward to the Infernal title, especially cause so many people in my guild have it already

LordOfThePeople
02.24.2012 , 12:46 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Steel_Blackheart View Post

2: you do get in 16mans 2 mounts off the last boss instead of one, and since i have the SOA mount i have to wait until half the raid gets the Karagga mount before i can roll on it (btw im raid leader and thats the rule i choose for fairness)
We get 2 mounts in 8 mans all the time (each boss). IMO i think its the chest has a chance to drop 2 special boss items (ie. Karagga has the mount/minipet/hat)
Proud Owner of Star Wars: The Old Republic Collector's Edition
Bye bye Kinrath Spider

Talorra
02.24.2012 , 01:54 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by LordOfThePeople View Post
We get 2 mounts in 8 mans all the time (each boss). IMO i think its the chest has a chance to drop 2 special boss items (ie. Karagga has the mount/minipet/hat)
The pet and hat drop right from Karagga. The chest only has a mount and more commendations.
M'arik <Intrepid> 16-player Progression The Harbinger
IntrepidOps.com | Live Stream | Recruitment Thread | @Twitter

Foefaller
02.24.2012 , 02:52 PM | #10
The Speeder can drop from Karraga himself as well.

Personally, I see it as 60/40 or maybe 70/30 Epeen vs. gearing, because atm, other than a few goodies, the biggest difference in loot tables between Hard and Nightmare is that Nightmare gives more, which is nice if you really, really want the mods and enhacements to fully customize the stats of your Rakata gear (or whatever orange gear you pick when 1.2 arrives.)