Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

It really does make no sence...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
It really does make no sence...

Temeluchus
12.13.2011 , 10:52 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Mannce View Post
It is a scam, do you know how many people never refund or ask for that 5 dollars back. I made almost 6, 000 dollars last year, out of one store. By people not cancelling or picking up preorders. Or how about the 13 full pay copies of MW 3 iam holding still. 1/2 of which will never be picked up. All just free money and interest in the till. It is a scam, I have weekly conference calls on how to 'scam' you out of money.
So wait, you contacted the BBB about,in your words not mine, a "scam"that BW is running when you perpetrate this same "scam"yourself? This logic makes my head hurt.
"Men call me Darkstar, and I am of the night.

Dasffion
12.13.2011 , 10:53 AM | #72
BBB doesn't agree with you. I'am actually on the phone as I type this with someone who has called me back in less then 2 hours of making the complaint. Funny, there telling me, if they have placed themselves in a position to take money for 'non-finished' product, the rules of post sale still apply. Due process and notice, must be given. Even excluding the two 'extra' days, I'am still waiting for specific confirmation for the 5 days. This information has yet to be provided to me. As I have given them money, they can hide behind all the terms and conditions they want, it doesn't change the fact I have every right to ask, no demand these answers. You answer is ask for a refund. I also have every right to go ahead with my purchase, and look into all options of compensation for this outrageous business behavior.
This is what I was talking about earlier. YOU CHOSE to pay in full. They did not place themselves in a position to take money for a non-finished project. You had the option to pay a 5 dollar retainer to see if the game was going to come out, or you could have waited until it was released. You make sure that you tell them they didn't promise 5 days either. They promised UP TO five days.

Mannce
12.13.2011 , 10:56 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by blackdakhma View Post
You also have every right to be the ******** on the internet that everyone despises. You're seriously upset that you don't know which day of FIVE DAMN DAYS you get early access? Seriously? I bet you get butthurt at restaurants if they don't give you an ETA on your food. If you make twice as much as the cost in an hour of working, why is it such a big deal to you?
Thanks for bringing up the restaurants. If you're made to wait, regardless of the reasoning behind it. Having been a manager of a restaurant, your offered a 25% discount instantly, and if that's not accepted you buy the table. You know, because successful restaurants are founded on customer satisfaction. Just because your to scared to stand up for yourself in a restaurant when the service your paying for is not being met. Doesn't make me a bad person, it makes a person that doesn't get walked all over in life.

Dasffion
12.13.2011 , 10:59 AM | #74
Thanks for bringing up the restaurants. If you're made to wait, regardless of the reasoning behind it. Having been a manager of a restaurant, your offered a 25% discount instantly, and if that's not accepted you buy the table. You know, because successful restaurants are founded on customer satisfaction. Just because your to scared to stand up for yourself in a restaurant when the service your paying for is not being met. Doesn't make me a bad person, it makes a person that doesn't get walked all over in life.
I'm sorry but it does make you a bad person. The only reason they treat you like that is they know you'll go to the BBB and make a complaint about them if they don't. Most of us don't mind a little wait or if we do we'll go somewhere else instead of acting like entitled jerks.

EDIT: That also might have been the policy at the restaurant you managed at but it's not the policy of every restaurant.

blackdakhma
12.13.2011 , 11:00 AM | #75
"If you're made to wait, regardless of the reasoning behind it."

Could you form a full sentence with that one please?
"What she really needs is a haircut that'll mutilate her face with a bullet."
-A truly interesting character

Mannce
12.13.2011 , 11:01 AM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Temeluchus View Post
So wait, you contacted the BBB about,in your words not mine, a "scam"that BW is running when you perpetrate this same "scam"yourself? This logic makes my head hurt.
Perhaps scam was the wrong word to use, but if you wish to look at it that way so be it. But yes, sales in general are all about how you can 'scam' in a not so negative sense, people out of there money. If you can do it before they even get anything, its even that much more of a 'scam'. Sorry, been in sales a long time, if you don't think sales agents lie, or tell half truths to get you to part with your money.... sigh.

Mannce
12.13.2011 , 11:03 AM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
I'm sorry but it does make you a bad person. The only reason they treat you like that is they know you'll go to the BBB and make a complaint about them if they don't. Most of us don't mind a little wait or if we do we'll go somewhere else instead of acting like entitled jerks.

EDIT: That also might have been the policy at the restaurant you managed at but it's not the policy of every restaurant.
Sticking up for yourself makes you a bad person, interesting. I suggest you never work in customer service. You suck at it.

Dasffion
12.13.2011 , 11:04 AM | #78
Perhaps scam was the wrong word to use, but if you wish to look at it that way so be it. But yes, sales in general are all about how you can 'scam' in a not so negative sense, people out of there money. If you can do it before they even get anything, its even that much more of a 'scam'. Sorry, been in sales a long time, if you don't think sales agents lie, or tell half truths to get you to part with your money.... sigh.
You want a shovel to dig that hole deeper? Now you admit that you know what Bioware is doing and it's a "Scam" in a not so negative sense. They say Up to 5 days so people will think they'll get 5 days. It's the same reason that gas prices are to the 9/10th of a cent and most products are $x.99. It makes you think you're getting more or it's cheaper. It's sales, it's not false advertising, it's not a scam.

Mannce
12.13.2011 , 11:05 AM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by blackdakhma View Post
"If you're made to wait, regardless of the reasoning behind it."

Could you form a full sentence with that one please?
oh noes, the police are here! Run!

Dasffion
12.13.2011 , 11:06 AM | #80
Sticking up for yourself makes you a bad person, interesting. I suggest you never work in customer service. You suck at it.
I don't see how complaining about a wait time, that they more than likely have no control over, is sticking up for yourself. If you want to stick up for yourself then walk out of the restaurant and don't give them your money. You just want to act like a jerk and get a discount. I know plenty of people like you.