Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

It really does make no sence...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
It really does make no sence...

Illuziun
12.13.2011 , 09:58 AM | #21
I'd say if you didn't pre order the game on the first day, you're definitely not getting in today. Once the first two days worth of waves go out, I'm sure it will pick up and everyone will be in the by the third day.

UA_Wookie
12.13.2011 , 09:59 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Totkjal View Post
Yeah but several people killing the same mob isn't the reason for EGA. That's why they have shards, or "copying" as you call it.
EGA is for the servers mainly. They have feelings too, you know.
Oh, i understand.

There's 106 servers at my last count. Just seems the numbers given early access so far is pretty paltry at best. What was the point of stressing the servers over the Weekend Beta tests if they're just going to play it safe?

Totkjal
12.13.2011 , 10:00 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Mannce View Post
No where does he whine about the time. Perhaps you should learn to read. Asking for a notice, in a business world, is not unheard of.
He never said he was whining about time, but that people were.

What he wants to say is that the EGA isn't something they had to offer us in the first place, so be happy.

If someone gives you a present, and it turns out to just be a silly blanket you can't get mad, cus you weren't even supposed to get anything in the first place.
That's the bottom line.

Gomla
12.13.2011 , 10:00 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Mannce View Post
No where does he whine about the time. Perhaps you should learn to read. Asking for a notice, in a business world, is not unheard of.
I shall aim the same "reading" comment back at you fella.

No where did I accuse him personally of whining.

I said "people" will whine which is what they have been doing since the forums came up and over on Twitter.

Mannce
12.13.2011 , 10:01 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by pryt View Post
The way they handle it leads to 'false advertising with fraud suspicion'.

But we all know how it is.
That's how the business bureau labeled it when I contacted them. They have received many complaints. 'The law UP TO' does not cover when money changes hand. As soon as they took a payment, the word UP TO means nothing. They have an obligation to define out the terms of the contract. This includes date and times of condition. The agency didn't think being told a time frame over a week was proper. I made my peace. If enough complain, Bioware will have to make theres.

imtrick
12.13.2011 , 10:01 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by pryt View Post
The way they handle it leads to 'false advertising with fraud suspicion'.

But we all know how it is.
Anybody who thinks this is the case needs to get over it. They're letting people in 7 days early right now when they only promised "up to 5." Nothing here even remotely resembles false advertising or fraud. It's just a bunch of people whining over nothing like spoiled kids.
Taint & Rough Trade - tart.enjin.com
------Casual and Hard-Core, 18+ GLBT Sith & Republic Guilds------
Part of the game-spanning Rough Trade Gaming Community

Laurien-Wriroh
12.13.2011 , 10:01 AM | #27
Dont know what number I would be in line to get in considering I pre-ordered mine on the 21st and put in the pre-order code on the 23rd of July.....

Totkjal
12.13.2011 , 10:01 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by UA_Wookie View Post
Oh, i understand.

There's 106 servers at my last count. Just seems the numbers given early access so far is pretty paltry at best. What was the point of stressing the servers over the Weekend Beta tests if they're just going to play it safe?
Because that is how they play it safe. Better safe than sorry. And the more safe, the less sorry.
You shouldn't be mad (or whatever you are), you should be happy you got to test the Thanksgiving weekend and that they are giving you EGA.

Temeluchus
12.13.2011 , 10:05 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Unchainedboar View Post
why they cant tell us when we will be getting in so i dont have to sit here waiting...

ik i dont have to blah blah
It does make sense actually, given some people's general sense of entitlement and "ME,ME,ME" attitude could you imagine if BioWare had said ok if you preordered on this week you will get early access on Day X and Time Y and they had unexpected delays meeting those times? The aforementioned people would be up in arms, setting fire to the forums and calling for blood.

BioWare played it safe and smart and is staggering in the early access to avoid issues like this.

Point of clarification: I am not saying the OP or anyone that posts in this thread is one of those people.
"Men call me Darkstar, and I am of the night.

Girochen
12.13.2011 , 10:06 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Raichor View Post
Early access was a sales point and was advertised/promised when buying so yes they have to give early access. The way their handling it on the other hand leaves much to be desired in my opinion.
Actually, the sales point was "up to five days early". So, let's see, we are currently at 6+ days early and they fulfill their "promise" if they let you in 10 minutes early. Really people, are you incapable of understanding? Get over it. They will email you when they know your start time.

And it is not sence, it is sense.