Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2nd Boss in Mandalorian Raiders - Can't CC, Intentional?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
2nd Boss in Mandalorian Raiders - Can't CC, Intentional?

ComeAndSee
12.19.2011 , 12:42 PM | #31
The 1st and 2nd boss are both pretty rough.

The 1st boss is a pain in the *** because everything keeps dropping aggro every 5 seconds. It's unbelievably so much easier with two Tanks. I tank on my Vanguard, but wasn't in the mood and I had a Shadow tank it and I helped him out by taunting the adds off the healer.

The boarding party sucks unless your Tank outgears the encounter. The 1st time I did it we wiped 4 times when I was 25 and I had about 5k hp. 2 lvls later I had 6.8k hp (got a chest off a world boss + other upgrades) and it was much easier. When I had the shadow guy tank it I kept taunting off adds when his HP got low and blew a cooldown.

Basically 2 tanks = breezed through with no wipes.The very last boss is a joke.

I would say this instance is a bit overtuned, but its not impossible. You just need a good healer + tank. 2 tanks just makes it much easier.

necis_
12.19.2011 , 03:05 PM | #32
The problem for this fight is DPS. There is a ton of damage being put out by all members of the boarding party, and if your DPS can't kill the inquisitor and warrior first, then you're going to spend all day wiping on it. There is only so much sustain that healers can do on this fight, especially when the warrior makes your life tough. That being said, I've run this instance 7 times (whee full trooper set, including that awesome looking repeater), twice with PUGs and five times with the guild. The biggest difference I see is DPS, if your DPS doesn't blow, then this fight is easymode.

Kill inquisitor, warrior, then get BH/IA low and kill them at the same time. This is a no fail strategy if your DPS is high enough. My guild group comp was a 23 sentinel, 27 JK, a 27 CM trooper, and a 24 DPS sage. In addition, this fight was a PITA on my trooper. I don't know why, but keeping people positive was not the easiest chore in the world with the random interrupts every few seconds (I was extremely unlucky some fights).

Make sure your group knows *** they're doing and if you continually wipe due to resource tapping as a healer, either look for more efficient healing or figure out how to improve your DPS!
Necis Newbsavior, Trooper Extraordinaire
Officer and Raid Leader of Ground Monster Aliens

psikkotik
12.19.2011 , 03:10 PM | #33
Went in there as a lvl 23 healer and a party of 27, 26, 26.

Owned the entire instance. We did have a kill order for the adds though -- with the random aggro dumping melee dps first :-D. After that, dmg was minimal as long as people helped to manage their own health and focus fire accordingly. I've seen it done with bringing all of them low then killing --- and 1 FF kill at a time.

drewminti
12.19.2011 , 03:16 PM | #34
cleared this flashpoint a few times, But if you leave the trooper last he has this aoe grenades that do massive damage,

so my group went for the 2 jedi, trooper then smuggler, Works everytime

big ups to bioware and their intense flashpoints loving it

Cynoprosopi
12.19.2011 , 05:40 PM | #35
I've only done this fight once and only in a two man group (25 IA sniper and 25 BH marauder) but when we did down it after the first wipe we end starting with the consular followed by the knight then the smuggler and finishing off the trooper last.

As far as the actual fight the BH tanked the knight while my companion tanked the rest. Also one thing that made the fight a lot easier was after my companion died with the smuggler and trooper still alive the BH ended up kiting the other two around the crates on the left which gave us enough time to to regain my energy and vent his heat.

Seihk
12.19.2011 , 09:32 PM | #36
Farabee:

When we did that boss we actually had a lot of trouble with them. After 2-3 wipes we decided that I would off-tank the two ranged and simply run circles around the big cargo bin to the right. They did minimal dps to me and with my ranged force abilities I had no problem holding threat. That really made it quite a bit easier because the group finished off the other two and then we just killed the remaining two.

You don't need a tank to do it, anybody who can throw out dps on them can los kite them over and over again around the bin.
Let him who desires peace prepare for war.

zDracor
12.19.2011 , 10:05 PM | #37
People are LoSing to deal with this fight? The damage is so minor until they start being killed off. I healed this as a Commando (Mercenary for empire) and I ended up tanking the Agent, and our smuggler took quite a few shots from the Bounty Hunter. As long as I clipped the smuggler, and myself with my AoE heal every cooldown we just shrugged it off till the Marauder went down, at which point the tank was able to pick them all up, and we zerged it down. Our tank was DPS specced as well.

Do other healers not have an AoE so early or something? Do you not have a HoT or something to suppliment?

Murkyone
12.19.2011 , 11:08 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Efertin View Post
2 manned the boss multiple times, zero wipes. Just saying.
I've tanked this numerous times, I seriously doubt you 2 manned it with zero wipes.

I'm just sayin'.

Conundrum-NSA
12.20.2011 , 01:03 AM | #39
Not unless you insanely outleveled it or found an exploit....just saying.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn."
Ord Mantell Squadron 01

maxbaby
12.20.2011 , 02:04 AM | #40
he is a troll