Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2nd Boss in Mandalorian Raiders - Can't CC, Intentional?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
2nd Boss in Mandalorian Raiders - Can't CC, Intentional?

Lovingcorpses
12.16.2011 , 12:04 PM | #11
Ashane's way of doing it is probably the easiest way. I just downed it with a level appropriate PuG group (we ranged from 24-27). Once we wiped a few times my group figured it out and we were able to down it with only one dps dying

Quote: Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
I'm not crying for nerfs, but if this is the intended difficulty you may want to bump the other 2 bosses to this level for consistency purposes, because the first and last bosses feel like utter pushovers compared to this fight. The last boss is arguably easier than anything in BT/Esseles, even.
This. I'd like to see the other bosses in MR get a bit harder. The boarding party fight is probably the most fun I've had in an instance so far, as a healer. The chaos and difficulty are welcomed after kinda just being able to rush through Athiss, Hammer Station, and Esseles without trying to think too hard about the mechanics of the fight. Also, the difficulty of the fight made my group stop and discuss the best course of action instead of charging in and just trying to face roll the boss (like we tried the 1st time), which is nice to see.
Dercus (lovingcorpses)-PvE Officer of
Defenders of the Faith
Guild Website | GuildHQ| Application

raelimar
12.16.2011 , 05:32 PM | #12
Downed these guys this morning with a group of four - all of us level 24/25. No wipes, no pre-existing knowledge of the ifght. I don't see the issue.
KRAETHOS
Operative - Requiem

Ashnazg
12.16.2011 , 07:18 PM | #13
Downed these guys just now with 21 tank (jug), 21 merc healer, 26 merc dps, 26 sorc dps (me), not a pushover but we made it on 3rd try with 0 deaths

Foker
12.16.2011 , 08:17 PM | #14
Is there a trick to get into the chest behind them after you kill them? Did this today, but was unable to open the chest.. so no loot

Darinford
12.17.2011 , 10:17 AM | #15
As a 23 BH bodyguard I simply couldn't keep up with the healing (other members were 24).
We downed them after the two we killed on the third* attempt did not respawn. Mostly the same group ran Athiss with me at level 18.

Annoying that critical efficiency is a level 24 talent I'm sure once I get it the fight will become much easier.

This fight made me really wish the heat metric was easier for other classes to measure by looking at my bar. I try to pop SCG at 30-35 heat to make the most of it, sometimes I'll tap zero a second before my next heal goes off. "you're not healing you have no heat"

*first attempt saw me try to concussion the trooper which eventually led to the wipe since I had to burst heal to keep myself up when all but the sentinel focused on me (adrenal, supercharged gas, Vent heat, 1400hp from medpack, and shield), though I was naturally blamed.

Diabolic
Website - Forums - Apply
Hardcore Endgame PvE - PvP Dominance - US West PvP Server

yingzi
12.18.2011 , 11:15 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
Thank you. Finally some sense in this thread.

On the first run (the one with the 22 in it) we only killed it because it bugged and only left the Trooper and Smuggler up.

On the 2nd run, where everyone was 25 (think the other Juggernaut dinged midrun though so 26 perhaps) we went Sent -> Trooper -> Consular -> Smuggler. Was pretty close even with the aggro-dropping Sentinel out of the picture early.

I'm not crying for nerfs, but if this is the intended difficulty you may want to bump the other 2 bosses to this level for consistency purposes, because the first and last bosses feel like utter pushovers compared to this fight. The last boss is arguably easier than anything in BT/Esseles, even.
seriously though dude that remark about the tank dropping aggro is not even close to being the players part on it. first of all if u even played a tank in this game u would know first hand how hard they made it for the class. number 1 tanks have only two aggros and one seems to not even work most of the time. number 2 taunt has a 15 sec cd. and finally Number 3 which is the MOST dumbest thing i could think of in a game TARGETING sucks for tanks. Tanks can tab a target yet that same tank has to find his/her cursor again just to keep attacking that target. It is the most oddest crap i have seen when playing. Okay sure there is no auto attack i am cool with that but hell why even have a tab target if we have to keep our pointer, which can get lost in the graphics on the target. I mean plain and simple it should be more slasher type of game if the target is there in front of you then you should be able to attack.

Zailou
12.18.2011 , 11:56 PM | #17
I've done mandalorian raiders 3 times now and it was not really that hard if you have properly leveled group. I've been in groups with level range of 26-29. And it has been no problem for us. I've always done it inq->warrior->IA->BH.

Nylyan
12.19.2011 , 12:22 AM | #18
Personally, I've wiped against them in the BETA but after EGA started, they've been fine.
It might have to do with the fact that I always offtank the Jedi Knight while we kill it, since I'm a Juggernaut DPS, so I can just switch to tank stance and work that magic.
Anyway, we do JK> JC> Trooper> Smuggler, there's often some close calls, and sometimes the tank dies, and I can see how that is an issue if you don't have someone who can take up the tank roll midfight like some classes can.

Doubtless
12.19.2011 , 12:27 AM | #19
Get em all to 5% then nuke em all? ....

That's how our group did it.
Red Zoner, standing by ... ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

MorgonKara
12.19.2011 , 01:38 AM | #20
I just did this one tonight. Sniper, Sorcerer and two Juggernauts. The strat that seemed to work for us was to burn down the Sentinel and then the Consular. Then we took the Trooper down to like 5% and then the Smuggler down to 5% and basically finished them at the same time to avoid the mega rage damage boost. It helps if you can take turns taunting the Sentinel so she doesn't fly around the room hitting your healer. Main tank needs to keep aggro up on the ranged MOBs with AOE.

I suppose you could try to have each party member duel each enemy and try to kill them at the same time but without CC that might get hairy for squishy classes or healers.

We didn't get any loot for that fight and I couldn't tell if it was bugged or not. It looked like there was a chest but it was dead.
Armormech-Armstech-Chemist-Mor-gon-M'orgon-Maxxi
Armormech-Armstech-Biochem-Artifice-Synthweaving-Cybertech
The Craft Legacy ~The Ebon Hawk