Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game crashing after update

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

corner
02.23.2012 , 09:05 PM | #1
I get atikmdag.system error BsOD now when I try to start the game .. It has become a lottery if I can play the game now .. This is a generic error code to say something has crashed you gpu.. Hence swtor has crashed your gpu

Ratae
02.23.2012 , 09:16 PM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  

Hello corner,

As a first step, could you please post your Dxdiag and Client Log reports so we can begin to investigate the issues you have?
To get your DXDiag report, please follow these instructions:
  1. Press the [Windows] Key + [R] at the same time. (The [Windows] key is the key with the Windows icon on it)
  2. Type in ‘DxDiag’ and press ‘OK’.
  3. This will open the DirectX Diagnostic Tool box.
  4. At the bottom of the box is a ‘Save All information’ button. Press it.
  5. This will open a ‘Save As’ box. Please ensure the text file is named ‘DxDiag’.
  6. Save this to your desktop.
  7. Open the saved file, hit Ctrl+A (select all), and then Ctrl+C (copy).
  8. Paste that information at the bottom of your post. Please use code or spoiler tags. If you don’t use these then your DXDiag will fill up the page making it hard to navigate your thread.
For the Client log:
  • Client Logs. These logs are useful if you are experiencing issues after you have clicked ‘Play’ on the launcher and for in-game technical issues. In a default installation these files can be found here:
    • 32bit: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor\retailclient\swtor\logs
    • 64bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor\retailclient\swtor\logs
    Example file name: Client_20111116T155258_901721.log
  • Crash Logs. These logs are useful if the game shuts down on you unexpectedly. These logs can be found here:
    • \Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\SWTOR\CrashDump
    Example file names: crash.dmp, crash.json

Thank you for your assistance.
Ratae | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support