Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How Darth Maul is alive

gibmachine
03.10.2012 , 12:35 PM | #21
Anakin survived having his limbs cut off and being literally torched alive.

Bobba survived Sarlacc. You know "being digested over a millenium and learning the real meaning of pain". Three times.

Maul being alive after getting cleaved in 2 somehow doesn't surprise me.
The earth begins to rumble and your foes begin to tremble. You come and destruction comes with you.

Draanok

bionamaster
03.10.2012 , 12:36 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Antipathize View Post
Thing is, everyone else who survived stuff like this (Luke, Anakin, Boba) had someone rescue them for specific reasons. Be it friendship, a vested interest in the future of the dark side, money or influence, etc. Maul has nothing and is nothing. Evil incarnate and just like palp, was left to die.

I'm not saying he can't come back, but it would make more sense to clone him from a body part or something versus this. And as a dark Jedi character, he's never really fully developed, and is only half the man vader was.
Heck, Maul's half the man MAUL used to be. Puns aside, however, while his return was nice, I still don't see how he got to Raxus, or whatever trash heap he lived in. Same with the cybernetic spider.....
Reminder: Mechanized posting is for non-trolling business only. Enjoy your stay.
Parrius, Level 55 Jedi Sentinel Parian, Level 20 Commando
Tremarr Legacy, CE Subbed since Launch, Shadowlands Server
For the Republic!

ReiKai
03.10.2012 , 01:00 PM | #23
The Janitor from Robot Chicken Star Wars. He swept it all up (maul included) and dumped it on Raxus Prime before his next cleaning duty.
CE Owner: ...what? I wanted the music. I like music.
Statement: SGRA's - I support them. Do you have a problem with that, Meatbag?

Antipathize
03.10.2012 , 01:08 PM | #24
My half the man comment was an intentional pun there. Just to clarify.

bionamaster
03.10.2012 , 05:41 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Antipathize View Post
My half the man comment was an intentional pun there. Just to clarify.
I know, I was adding to it.
Reminder: Mechanized posting is for non-trolling business only. Enjoy your stay.
Parrius, Level 55 Jedi Sentinel Parian, Level 20 Commando
Tremarr Legacy, CE Subbed since Launch, Shadowlands Server
For the Republic!

Aitix
03.10.2012 , 10:26 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by AetosV View Post
I don't care how Darth Maul is returing- his return is downright stupid. Darth Maul was NEVER EVER EVER EVER (this cannot be stressed enough) EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER supposed to be anything more than an animal- a convinent tool used by Darth Sidious simply to let the Jedi know that the Sith have returned.
Just like Boba Fett's only role was to track down Han Solo's ship but once he was "resurrected" he transformed into a more interesting character with more meaning. In TCW, it's the same thing and in the end, we'll get a much more interesting character. Judging by the recent episode, it's already shaping up that way.

You could say that Star Wars was suppose to end at ROTJ but it didn't and the result was we got great books such as the Thrawn trilogy and Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor. Well, you could say that it's the same thing here.

As if Dave Filoni (director of The Clone Wars) hadn't perverted the Star Wars universe enough (I.E. peaceful Mandalorians
Not all Mandalorians shared Satine's ideals of pacifism during the Clone Wars; there were factions like the Death Watch that were trying to do away with this. Also, it makes sense that the Mandalorians would want to give up their peaceful ways after having their planet turned to an inhospitable wasteland through yet another war. What else were they suppose to do?

That, and the retcon did away with Karen Traviss's works.

giving Skywalker a Padawan,
There are a lot of people that like Ahsoka.

changing Asajj Ventress from a Rattataki to a Dathomiri,
Which means little, really. It doesn't contradict the rest of her backstory, just her original race. Nothing more, nothing less.

resurrecting Eeth Koth who was supposed to have died at the Battle of Geonosis
Save for a few people, nobody really cared about Eeth Koth.

He was a worthless character- to prove that, Lucas KILLED HIM OFF.
No he wasn't. Darth Maul killed Qui-Gon Jinn, thus paving the way for a poorly trained Anakin.

There is no reason whatsoever for Filoni to go ripping apart Star Wars lore, there's even less reason to bring Maul back, and there's even less reason for anyone on earth to like it.
There is reason why Darth Maul should be brought back: he was cool, under-utilized, and can be developed as a character. Plus, people wanted him back even before his survival was revealed. That's also reason enough for people to like it.

And the whole "air-vent" survival is the most contrived garbage I've ever heard. First, the hole at which Darth Maul was slain- for he was slain- was a plasma mining conduit. There would be no air-vents. None.
Given that plasma generates heat, they were probably there to cool it.

Secondly, Darth Maul was sliced completely in half. No one- NO ONE- survives something like that, no matter how "powerful in the Force" (Darth Maul wasn't even remotely powerful, either). When he was cut in half, he was dead before even toppling into the abyss. Seriously, a crappy character shows up, spins a double-lightsaber and this is all it takes to make him the hero of children? This is why the other countries are winning.
Darth Maul lived during the golden age of the Jedi and defeated a Jedi Knight who could have very well become a Jedi Master if he weren't a gray Jedi. His survival doesn't even have to do with how powerful Maul was in the Force, but how much hatred he had. Like I said, look at Darth Sion or Simus.

Pantha
03.11.2012 , 12:35 AM | #27
Wow. I thought Darth Maul's 'survival' was ridiculous, but then, as justification of this, I see posts claiming that Boba Fett and the Emperor survived as well?? ***?? When did this happen? Who are they going to bring back next? Obi-Wan? Darth Vader?

I think I'll stay away from these post-movie books and stick with the Old Republic..

Quiet
03.11.2012 , 01:41 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
As long as its below G-canon im alright with it.
But, all the Clone Wars episodes involving Darth Maul and his return were written by George Lucas' daughter, Katie Lucas (apparenetly she's written about 10 clone wars tv show episodes).

So, does that mean it's on the same level, because in a past interview George Lucas did say if he was going to turn over the Star Wars franchise to someone else it would be to his daughter.
"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

TykarAboso
03.11.2012 , 02:08 AM | #29
idk i can buy the survival after all maul is not Human, he is zabrak twisted by dathomiri magic , sith alchemy and his own dark hatred,

we dont know enough about Zabrak anatomy to determine his injuries were even fatal, or what kind of healing abilities he may have had, either through the dark side or innately due to all of the experiments that had been done on him,

if they can explain the fall in a believable way like a contaminant was detected in the shaft and automated filtration droids removed and disposed of it in the theed sanitation system placing his damaged body in a twisted mass of garbage aboard a ship destined for what ever forsaken hell he ended up on.

i for one am Really looking forward to him Challenging Dooku to attempt to regain his rightful place at sidious's side, there is soo much room for sith plotting and back stabbing here that it will be such a waste if he just hunts down kenobi and for a rematch and dies all over again
how'd you like to come back to my place and ....spawn

CatoFel
03.11.2012 , 02:08 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Quiet View Post
But, all the Clone Wars episodes involving Darth Maul and his return were written by George Lucas' daughter, Katie Lucas (apparenetly she's written about 10 clone wars tv show episodes).

So, does that mean it's on the same level, because in a past interview George Lucas did say if he was going to turn over the Star Wars franchise to someone else it would be to his daughter.
Messing with lore tends to annoy me as it does many of you it seems, but at the end of the day, SW is gonna have plot holes and things that just don't quite make sense, and personally I'll excuse a lot for a good story. Bless Lucas's daughter and everyone else responsible for that last Maul-as-Shelob-and-Gollum-combined episode. The last couple episodes struck me as the all-around best written, acted, animated, directed, etc. of the whole series so far. I actually forgave them, mostly, for the R2 and 3PO go-to-the-spa episode and the exceptionally, irritatingly meddlesome TCW Padme.
Harbingers of the Sith'ari
The Ebon Hawk
"Democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself."--John Adams