Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best PVE spec for damage

Faydeawayy
02.23.2012 , 06:38 PM | #1
Basically all i have done since i hit 50 is pvp and do all of my dailies. Some of my friends recently hit 50 so im gonna start running HM's and ops with them. However, i would like to know in people's opinion what spec is putting out most damage wise. Im not interested in tanking. I dont care about getting to know rotations or how different the playstyle is, i just like being useful. Is Madness or Deception better atm for dpsing pve? If it is madness, could you post the best rotation please, considering ive never even looked at that tree tbh.

TL;DR. Whats the best PVE spec for usefulness/dmg (not tanking) and rotation for it?

Thanks in advance.

Dukibritches
02.23.2012 , 06:50 PM | #2
Deception damage is very gear dependent. If you have great gear you will do great damage, if you are still working on gear you won't be terrible but the damage wont be fantastic either. I cant speak regarding madness spec as I also have never specced madness to try it out. I'm usually Darkness Spec because I am MT for my guild, but I occasionally respec DPS to allow others to do the tanking.

Faydeawayy
02.23.2012 , 06:56 PM | #3
Im rocking pretty much full champion gear atm and for pve i have the rakata ear and implants from dailys. Do you think that would be good to put out decent dps for deception?

Dukibritches
02.23.2012 , 07:50 PM | #4
Honestly regular mode Ops do not require a huge amount of DPS so I think you would be fine with even less gear, but with that gear I think you will produce respectable DPS as either spec. You should be fine for HM Ops too. I would recommend replacing all that PVP gear for Columni gear before doing HM Ops though. Basically this would replace all that expertise for something like crit/surge/accuracy from the PVE set.

Chadnab
02.23.2012 , 11:33 PM | #5
Like dukibritches said, you'll want to pick up Columi armor before you head into HM ops. I find that I prefer Madness over a Deception or Darkness (I've done the tank thing-wanted something different) simply because of the versatility that I find with it. Especially with bosses that can do quite a bit of close range damage, I will go down fast in light armor so I prefer to be able to do a mix of melee and range attacks. You'd be surprised how much damage you can put out when you keep those dots pouring over the boss. I've managed to pull hate from a few tanks bc of this (Obviously not a good thing for me lol but it can give you an indication of the damage I suppose) and I'm not amazingly geared for pve yet. Darting in for some quick melee to get a Raze proc for instant Crushing Darkness is nice and for me provides some fun game play other than just standing apart casting skills.
I think it's hard to give a good rotation for it bc I tend to find it pretty dependent on the situation. You'll of course want to keep dots active and use Death Field whenever it's off cd and use thrash for those raze procs and such but for a standard rotation...you'd probably just have to play around with it and see what you like.

Kutmulc
02.24.2012 , 09:07 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Faydeawayy View Post
...could you post the best rotation please, considering ive never even looked at that tree tbh.
Could you read the sticky please, that's why it's there. Reposting rotations every time someone is too lazy to find it themselves is pointless. We're not here to hold your hand.

jkcheng
02.24.2012 , 09:39 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Kutmulc View Post
Could you please read the sticky please, that's why it's there. Reposting rotations every time someone is too lazy to find it themselves is pointless. We're not here to hold your hand.
Not to mention there is no rotation for Assassins, it's a priority based system. OP, read the sticky on "rotation" for each spec.