Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Whats the deal with Mission Discovery?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Whats the deal with Mission Discovery?

AndiusTheGreat
12.18.2011 , 07:14 PM | #11
So is it confirmed slicing gives these? I'm trying to compile a list of what different gathering/mission skills give other than the basic resources used to create items.

So far I have:

Crafting Schematics- Underworld Trading (Confirmed)
Companion Gifts- Underworld Trading (Confirmed)

It would be nice if I could get a conformation on:

New Missions- Slicing (Unconfirmed)

I really figured it would be under investigation.
Andius Meuridiar - Jedi Sage - Light Side
Kaemik Meuridiar - Jedi Gaurdian - Light Side
Tharak Meuridiar - Level 50 Sawbones - Light Side
Ajunta Pall - RP-PVP

Grassetblag
12.18.2011 , 07:38 PM | #12
I've used a slicing mission that I either looted or acquired through slicing (was going through so many missions and looting boxes, really wasn't paying too close of attention).

Found purple treasure hunting missions as well, fwiw.

Diablorist
12.18.2011 , 07:43 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by AndiusTheGreat View Post
It would be nice if I could get a conformation on:

New Missions- Slicing (Unconfirmed)

I really figured it would be under investigation.
Confirmed, I was slicing a lot earlier and picked up four different ones of these.

BigPeo
12.21.2011 , 04:53 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by LexC View Post
I got "Missions Discovery: Archaeology" from Slicing and used it. Got a fourth option in my Crew Skills called "Slicing" however there are no missions in that option. Is that a bug, or do I get a mission in there eventually?
That seems to be a bug you get when you swap between characters and use crew skills. I've had it myself. Don't know if that's what you did , but it's appeared when I did that.
The mind is like a parachute, it's totally useless unless its open.

Sagerk
12.21.2011 , 05:00 PM | #15
these unique missions are found via slicing and provide a 1 time mission that always crits and always provides much better returns than normal missions of the same level.

That is all conjecture based on what I've seen, I"ve run about 8 of these unique missions and the above is what I've found 8/8 times.

woostercav
12.21.2011 , 05:23 PM | #16
Anyone know if you can do the same mission more than once if you buy/find two separate 'mission discoveries'? In other words if i did an underworld trading (150) mission, then found the same underworld trading (150) mission, could i do it again?

Sagerk
12.21.2011 , 05:34 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by woostercav View Post
Anyone know if you can do the same mission more than once if you buy/find two separate 'mission discoveries'? In other words if i did an underworld trading (150) mission, then found the same underworld trading (150) mission, could i do it again?
yes, I've done it (albet with scavenging) the item will give you the same 1 time mission in your mission lists, although I got different rewards between the 2, but both were still VERY good rewards.