Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy Name Change Confirmed?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Legacy Name Change Confirmed?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Aikon
02.24.2012 , 03:46 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
We're definitely working on this (it's a much requested feature) but we have not made any statements regarding when this will be available.
Sweet. Good to see this is being explored.
Tell me... How can there be Peace without Emotion? How can there be Knowledge without Ignorance?
How can there be Serenity without Passion? And how can there be Death without the Force?
Aikon - Guardian - Tron - Juggernaut

Kourage
02.24.2012 , 03:48 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by TheFaceCC View Post
i also got this email because i wrote a ticket

when they do add this feature i would expect prices to be:

5$ added to your monthly bill

or

in game credits 50k

that i think is legitimate other than that would be too much just to change a name, or to have it free...that would make many people happy
$5 would not be added to your bill, it would be charged to your credit card immediately. It would cost $10 minimum. 50k credits is nothing. It costs me 23k credits just to remove 1 enhancement.

Looking for a good woman. Able to clean, cook, sew, catch bait, and clean fish. Must have boat and motor.
((Please send picture of boat and motor))

mphill
02.24.2012 , 04:06 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by jerumis View Post
this is the same as the advanced class topic. it doesnt need to be in the game. it says when you are picking it. you can not change it. and nor should you be able to. people just need to make better choices when playing there characters.
First of all, this is not like the AC topic. The legacy name does not effect the type of character it is. You shouldn't be able to switch from being a rogue to a mage at any time.

Second, while they did say you cannot change it they did not say that this legacy applied to all characters. I thought it was the legacy this character would leave in the galaxy, not for my alts. I picked a name that went with my character, the way I played him and my invented back story for him. Had I known that this would filter to alts I would have picked a completely different name.
"Insanity runs in my family...it practically gallops." - Mortimer Brewster

Anarchistic
02.24.2012 , 09:44 PM | #34
Personally, what is the point of having a legacy name if you can change it is a title that is earned to distinguish your characters and is part of the theme Star Wars has, I’m not saying as a role player, (never tried that myself) but as someone who takes pride in having a defined surname, hence, still trying to decide on a decent name. In addition, I understand that some people have made name that they consider hideous, short answer, should have waited and though it out properly.

P.S. Name changes should not be allowed.

G_Vega
02.27.2012 , 03:16 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by jerumis View Post
this is the same as the advanced class topic. it doesnt need to be in the game. it says when you are picking it. you can not change it. and nor should you be able to. people just need to make better choices when playing there characters.
The problem is that you may not want every character on that server to have the same legacy name. My legacy name is fine, it just doesn't fit all of my characters.

Keypek
02.27.2012 , 03:22 PM | #36
Might as well let people change it. They've already made choices mean nothing in this game so might as well keep the ball rolling in that direction.
K'mpek/Keypek or some variation
Vanguard dps for nim progression. 55s=1 of everything.
Undercon__ ICE Breaker>Corellian Run>The Shadowlands

Robert_Guiscard
02.27.2012 , 07:19 PM | #37
Also, because for some of us the name didn't turn out the way it looked in the little box. For example, I wanted to use De Hauteville, but you cannot use a space - so the little box rejected it. So I put in D'Hauteville, which I was OK settling for. And in the little box, it didn't correct it. So I accepted it and got...

D'hauteville.

While some people may not be bothered by that, I am. A great deal. So maybe I'm OCD, but if it is a name I'm going to have for all of my characters, I don't want it to make my eyeballs itch.
"Your weakness is in your blood!" - Battlelord Kreshan

Rafkin
02.27.2012 , 07:33 PM | #38
The whole idea behind the Legacy name is bad in my opinion. All my characters are related? No. A surname for one character might not fit another character.

Lightside guy named Justicebringer...fine.
Dark side guy with the same name? Not so good.

Anytime you restrict players options its a bad idea. How this dev team doesn't see that speaks volumes about their competence.

mrfoughtforever
02.27.2012 , 07:46 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Morgalica View Post
Actually you are wrong.

With advanced classes if you feel that you goofed up you can re-roll rather easy.
With the surnames you are stuck with it on that server for every toon you create from the day you picked the surname. That means if you goofed, that server is now dead to you or the surname is.

(edit) I am all for keeping the AC's the way they are. I love that once you pick it you are sticking with it for that toon.

As for the surnames, yes I can see how it would be nice to be able to re-do a 3am drunk poor choice, without having to restart on a new server.
You can turn your legacy name off, making it annon-issue.

Anarchistic
02.27.2012 , 09:57 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafkin View Post
The whole idea behind the Legacy name is bad in my opinion. All my characters are related? No. A surname for one character might not fit another character.

Lightside guy named Justicebringer...fine.
Dark side guy with the same name? Not so good.

Anytime you restrict players options its a bad idea. How this dev team doesn't see that speaks volumes about their competence.

This needs to be viewed in perspective, doesn’t matter which side you are on both would believe they are right and that their cause is the appropriate one, therefore, the name of “Justicebringer” would fit for both sides as they both believe they are bringers of justice.