Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy Name Change Confirmed?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Legacy Name Change Confirmed?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Trolltar
02.24.2012 , 12:10 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by TiiRahnedancer View Post
In life? Nearly always.

As far as the game goes, yeah I don't care. I'm fine with the Legacy name I picked but I'm sympathetic to other players like Ponyboy that want to change.
Ironically, in life, you can legally change your name.
Merkavah:MEMBER
PAXDOMINUS
Website | Recruitment Thread

Aelaias
02.24.2012 , 12:15 PM | #22
There should be a choice of individualized last names for alts.

FooBard
02.24.2012 , 12:36 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by jerumis View Post
this is the same as the advanced class topic. it doesnt need to be in the game. it says when you are picking it. you can not change it. and nor should you be able to. people just need to make better choices when playing there characters.
Not exactly pale...

Advanced class choice is 1) or 2). Pretty easy to make that decision.

Surname is a whole nother thang...

Kourage
02.24.2012 , 01:03 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
We're definitely working on this (it's a much requested feature) but we have not made any statements regarding when this will be available.
Go ahead and tell them the price. $10? $20?
Looking for a good woman. Able to clean, cook, sew, catch bait, and clean fish. Must have boat and motor.
((Please send picture of boat and motor))

Revenaught
02.24.2012 , 01:21 PM | #25
We're definitely working on this (it's a much requested feature) but we have not made any statements regarding when this will be available.
I'm losing faith by the day. Apparently BW will cave to anyone who whines loud enough.
Mal - Define interesting.

Wash - Oh God. Oh God. We're all gonna die?

Mal - This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence. So we may experience some slight, turbulence...and then explode.

anthonyyo
02.24.2012 , 01:34 PM | #26
$50 for legacy name change LOL
Hi :>

Anarchistic
02.24.2012 , 03:03 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Revenaught View Post
I'm losing faith by the day. Apparently BW will cave to anyone who whines loud enough.
Isnít that what other MMO games do, may take a bit longer but whichever group whines the most means the other group gets nerfed, in this case it is a legacy name (which everyone knew is character wide and permanent gets changed, didnít BW say they were listening to their subscribers and try to accommodate their wishes.
P.S, I havenít chosen a legacy name yet because it needs to be a suitable one.

Vriompeis
02.24.2012 , 03:09 PM | #28
Glad to hear that. There is a confirmation-box in place now, but it wasn't when I set mine. I, of course, made the mistake of misspelling it.

Not gamebreaking in any form or way, and it is completely my fault, but it's annoying to say the least.

Oneirophrenia
02.24.2012 , 03:11 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by A_Plastik_Spoon View Post
I sure hope so, my 'Ponyboy' legacy name sounded funny at 2 in the morning, but when I woke up wanted I to gag myself.
It would take a lot more than just mere exhaustion for me to pick a legacy name such as that. Drugs or alcohol would have to be involved in large quantities, perhaps even at life threatening levels. No offense or anything.

TheFaceCC
02.24.2012 , 03:28 PM | #30
i also got this email because i wrote a ticket

when they do add this feature i would expect prices to be:

5$ added to your monthly bill

or

in game credits 50k

that i think is legitimate other than that would be too much just to change a name, or to have it free...that would make many people happy