Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Patches, how many and how big?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Patches, how many and how big?

Zarrot
02.23.2012 , 03:13 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Sibbiz View Post
So, I just bought swtor and started patching this massive thing.
Wich brings me to the title of my post, How many patches do I need to expect before im able to play the game and how massive are they? Im allmost done with the first named "Main assets 1" Wich was a 11gig one.

Thank you for your time

Badges... We don't need no stinking badges. Oh, wait nevermind...

mathisk
02.23.2012 , 03:16 PM | #12
There was a post a long time ago, about the size of the download, but I can't find the link. From memory, the total download for the entire game (during the install process) was said to be about 27 GB. After the install completed, the space taken up by the game was to be about 22 GB.

So you're going to have to be patient. I think the 11 GB assets file is the biggest one, but there are other files that will be several Gig in size.

Sibbiz
02.23.2012 , 03:17 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Lurkz View Post
The 11+ GB is the game, not the 1.5. It's a large download. Installed on my comp it's just under 20GB.

Loggin's probably right though and all the patches will download with it at least. I didn't think of that since I downloaded it back in Dec before all the patches.
Aha! I see! Well that made things much more clear, I finally just bought it have some friends pursuaded me to

Anyhow, thanks for the help to the both of you! Much apriciated!

Loggin
02.23.2012 , 03:18 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Sibbiz View Post
I see, so hopefully im good after this 11GB monster?
well , it might still other files after that one, but what i originaly meant was you will not have to download the patches separatly, it will all go in one download session.
Wanna dance with me? I might step on your face.

Sibbiz
02.23.2012 , 03:21 PM | #15
Either ill do a happy dance in 200MBs or I might smash my head into the keyboard! Who knows :O

Loggin
02.23.2012 , 03:23 PM | #16
how does your head feel? and is your keyboard ok?

Sibbiz
02.23.2012 , 03:29 PM | #17
Im lacking an F12 key!

Not really, however it would be fun if id actualy do it.
Its installing the game i guess, wich is at 6% so just gotta wait and see wich horrors that lies in the end of this grey Download/install bar!

Loggin
02.23.2012 , 03:32 PM | #18
i suggest a movie or three. gl and enjoy once its finished.

mathisk
02.23.2012 , 03:32 PM | #19
Depending on your download speed, SWTOR is one of those "start the install/download and go to work/school/bed/a friend's house/on vacation" things. Unless you have a really fast download speed, you're not going to be playing within an hour or two of installing. I think my fastest install (Digital Download version) took 12 hours, back at launch.

Loggin
02.23.2012 , 03:35 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by mathisk View Post
Depending on your download speed, SWTOR is one of those "start the install/download and go to work/school/bed/a friend's house/on vacation" things. Unless you have a really fast download speed, you're not going to be playing within an hour or two of installing. I think my fastest install (Digital Download version) took 12 hours, back at launch.
"vacation".. i lol'd