Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Patches, how many and how big?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Patches, how many and how big?

Sibbiz
02.23.2012 , 02:55 PM | #1
So, I just bought swtor and started patching this massive thing.
Wich brings me to the title of my post, How many patches do I need to expect before im able to play the game and how massive are they? Im allmost done with the first named "Main assets 1" Wich was a 11gig one.

Thank you for your time

Lurkz
02.23.2012 , 03:04 PM | #2
The most recent patch was 1.1.4. Not positive of the exact number but most of them are pretty small so they go fast. Biggest patch that you'll have to download should be 1.1. If you go to News & Updates at the top, and select "Patch Notes" from the drop down, you can see all the patches that have been released so far.

I'm not positive you'll have to patch for each one, it's possible they will download in larger chunks rather than individually.
The Nightborn Legacy - Ebon Hawk - Aquillian Rangers
Captain Jaxx - Gunslinger || Caiden - Jedi Sentinel

...Holospectrum...

Sibbiz
02.23.2012 , 03:06 PM | #3
That helped me somewhat!

Thank you for your reply

Loggin
02.23.2012 , 03:06 PM | #4
if you are just downloading the game , it should all go in one download, including the current patch info .
Wanna dance with me? I might step on your face.

Lurkz
02.23.2012 , 03:07 PM | #5
No problem. I'm not really sure anywhere lists the exact sizes of each patch, unfortunately. You might try googling some of the SWTOR sites and see if any of them give more detailed information about patch sizes.

...Holospectrum...

Sibbiz
02.23.2012 , 03:09 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Lurkz View Post
No problem. I'm not really sure anywhere lists the exact sizes of each patch, unfortunately. You might try googling some of the SWTOR sites and see if any of them give more detailed information about patch sizes.
Bought the online version of the game, first I had to download "the game" wich was abit over 1,5GB, when that was done installing (Wich went shockingly fast) It started up this massiv patch wich was something like 11,500GB.

Sibbiz
02.23.2012 , 03:10 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Lurkz View Post
Tried lurking around Google to find stuff, but they dint give me any clear answer either im afraid

Loggin
02.23.2012 , 03:10 PM | #8
what you first downloaded was just the installer, which when run downloads the game files, or runs the game
Wanna dance with me? I might step on your face.

Lurkz
02.23.2012 , 03:12 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Sibbiz View Post
Bought the online version of the game, first I had to download "the game" wich was abit over 1,5GB, when that was done installing (Wich went shockingly fast) It started up this massiv patch wich was something like 11,500GB.
The 11+ GB is the game, not the 1.5. It's a large download. Installed on my comp it's just under 20GB.

Loggin's probably right though and all the patches will download with it at least. I didn't think of that since I downloaded it back in Dec before all the patches.

...Holospectrum...

Sibbiz
02.23.2012 , 03:13 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Loggin View Post
what you first downloaded was just the installer, which when run downloads the game files, or runs the game
I see, so hopefully im good after this 11GB monster?