Please allow a one-time free server transfer to any server

Meanerr

Hi,

My first post so I'm going to make this count.

Please allow a one-time free server transfer to any server for all active subscribers.

Maybe this can coincide when the new SE Asia servers come online.

Currently, there are many good players/guilds but they are going to stop playing because their server pops are getting lower by the day. A high server pop is what makes a MMO successful.

You can even make this one-time transfer time limited, say 30-days.

Cross server queuing is nice but still doesn't address low pop issues.

Merging servers is nice, but definitely bad PR.

Just allow a one-time free transfer so people can get off their Light servers and you'll definitely have a happier sub base. :D

Thanks for listening!

Except what if you make that one time move to a server a lot of people move from? Then you'll be back here complaining you moved from low pop to low pop and want to move again. This is why paid transfers work - they keep people from moving on a whim and force those who really want to make a conscious decision about it.

There's also no need for free transfers when they can put it in, charge money, and people will use it anyway.

the problem whas from day one...when where a queue of 4H so me and my guild decide to restart in to a light server...now in the feel in a good time i get 15-20 players balsavis 3 tatooine 5 shadar 3

so sorry i leave got lvl 50 and no possibilito do end game pvp ops and no intention to roll on a new server isnt a progress game for me only boring situation.

suk skyhard ula vii eu

Hi,

My first post so I'm going to make this count.

Please allow a one-time free server transfer to any server for all active subscribers.

Maybe this can coincide when the new SE Asia servers come online.

Currently, there are many good players/guilds but they are going to stop playing because their server pops are getting lower by the day. A high server pop is what makes a MMO successful.

You can even make this one-time transfer time limited, say 30-days.

Cross server queuing is nice but still doesn't address low pop issues.

Merging servers is nice, but definitely bad PR.

Just allow a one-time free transfer so people can get off their Light servers and you'll definitely have a happier sub base. :D

Thanks for listening!

Nay. I want paid transfers, not a limited, one time only deal. So I can swap all of my characters, and further, so that two years down the road when populations shift yet again, I can transfer them then, too.

Nay. I want paid transfers, not a limited, one time only deal. So I can swap all of my characters, and further, so that two years down the road when populations shift yet again, I can transfer them then, too.

The initial transfer should be free, why should I pay Bioware Money for a problem they have caused?

I agree with paid transfers later, but I want off my current server and I do not want to have to pay for it.

And don't tell me to re-roll, I have spent a lot of time on my Marauder and I aint doing it again for the convenience of BW.

ONE free transfer for all chars on your account should be implemented. And in the transfer name changes both first name and legacy name could be changed.

There have been some fallpits in the start and the early gamers atleast should be compensated for hours and hours of gaming in my humble opinion.

After this one time transfer payed transfer should be implremented , But not at WoWs rates , 20 euros is a ripoff.

And sooner rather than later please. May 2012 if not sooner. Asap

Edited by Quisong

After this one time transfer payed transfer should be implremented , But not at WoWs rates , 20 euros is a ripoff.

I'd be willing to pay 60€ on the spot for a transfer... I just don't have the (IRL) time to re-roll on another server that actually has any active players

I love the game, but not the current "single-palyer-mode" on my server

The initial transfer should be free, why should I pay Bioware Money for a problem they have caused?

I agree with paid transfers later, but I want off my current server and I do not want to have to pay for it.

And don't tell me to re-roll, I have spent a lot of time on my Marauder and I aint doing it again for the convenience of BW.

They didn't cause a problem. The community did. You want a better server, you're going to have to pay for it. The ONLY exception is when they open servers in new regions (a la the Pacific next month) and people want to move from their current server to one in that region since it wasn't previously available.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I wouldn't tell you to re-roll. I'm in the same boat. In fact, I DID re-roll on the Harbinger, which is typically standard/heavy. And I love it. I actually get to experience content! However, I miss my inquisitor and smuggler, and agent, each of whom I've invested days upon days into. And the idea of re-rolling an imp side character, to see balmorra and the following planets for the sixth time, is painful.

We know they're implementing transfers hopefully by may. We see that in the test run for the oceanic players. They've also publicly addressed the question of how legacy will carry over. But, I imagine server merges are a possibility to address the issue Bioware caused (opening too many servers prematurely, without the playerbase to adequately populate them all), and from what I've seen in the past, with other MMOs, they'll likely offer free transfers limited to specific servers - so, say a free xfer from a large server to a light/standard server, in hopes of beefing it up, rather than the labor of server merges. Paid Transfers, on the other hand, will let you go where you choose.

I don't disagree with your statement, it's simply that free transfers, to any server, simply isn't done in most major mmos. Being backed by EA, I find it unfortunately unlikely

Edited by Nicolettexiv

I have a 50 trooper, a 26 jedi knight, a 25 sith inquisitor sitting rotting. Why? because endgame is nearly nonexistant on low pop servers. The legacy levels i gained are worthless because I wont be going back to those servers. Thankfully i found one server that is actually populated. I have done every heroic (at level) on both of the planets ive been on. Hutta and Dromand Kaas. while this seems insignificant, it is a sign of a nicely populated server. On my current server, it takes 5 minutes to find people wiling to do a heroic. On my old server i could level through the entire zone and see 5-6 lines scroll by in the general channel. 15-25 people on a planet.... gimme a break. Thats the kind of thing you expect when the next expansion is coming out and people have mostly leveled their toons, not 3 months after release.