Targeting For healing

I find the targeting for healers to be annoying, the fact that you cant assist through your tank and dps through them, you have to f1/f2/f3/f4 through the group, then turn and target the next mob, takes a ton of time away from being to throw some damage out and readjust to targeting someone to heal. Assist targeting would make a huge difference for healing in instances.

Everything said in this thread is spot on. It is INCREDIBLY annoying to have no click on the actual toon whilst in a warfront to be able to heal.

Raid frame health bars are just not updating in sync with actual healthbars, making it extremely annoying to heal and switching between targets.

I hope BioWare sorts this out soon. It's the only thing dragging down the gaming experience right now. Other than that I'm having loads of fun. =)

I don't have the problem that the bars aren't updating, even though one of my guildies is having that issue, but I do agree that we need some sort of mouseover or better targeting system for healers :).

While I am here complaining, we also need the ability to make the debuffs bigger or separate from the buffs. Anyone remember Athiss the last boss with the debuff... It's really hard to see when someone has the debuff.

I don't see the problem.

Raid frames, or even just regular group bars are updating fine for me, and it's not exactly hard in a 4 person group to see who is getting hit. You should know before they get hit who is about to get hit, that is what a good healer does.

As a consular sage, my best heals take a few seconds to land, so I have to be prepared and time things so my team don't lose alot of heal before i can actually heal em.

General rule of healing. If a team member gets his once, and their health drops a small bit, start to heal them as they are going to get hit again right away.

Works for me.

Again, amazing silence from the customer care department of BW on this issues that has been around since beta.

Instead of promising lots of great content in the future, do something about the poor state of the UI and ToT today.

Healing feels pretty inefficient right now because of the UI functionality. I'd thought this would be taken care of by launch as well, but its just another thing to continually suggest until they add it.

On the one hand, it feels really oldschool and is nostalgic. On the other hand, the oldschool was torn down because it sucked.

I don't see the problem.

Raid frames, or even just regular group bars are updating fine for me, and it's not exactly hard in a 4 person group to see who is getting hit. You should know before they get hit who is about to get hit, that is what a good healer does.

As a consular sage, my best heals take a few seconds to land, so I have to be prepared and time things so my team don't lose alot of heal before i can actually heal em.

General rule of healing. If a team member gets his once, and their health drops a small bit, start to heal them as they are going to get hit again right away.

Works for me.

QFT

I do not understand why you guys are complaining. I am running an IA healer, and having no problems with the UI, no problems determining who is going to get hit, and no problems actually healing.

I have the same problems as mentioned. Futher i find it rather annoying to cant set ALT Button to selfcastmodifier. I dont heal myself by clicking me on raidframes, i was always healing myself with a selfcastmodifier set on ALT :D I dont know why its not possible to do so. Theres no reason why ALT, CTRL or SHIFT is not able to use.

I an aware of some healing add ons coming out, Also you if you are a programer you may be or have some Ideas in the works.. Add ons usually take about a week before they come out.I would check curse.com , wowwiki and see if any are on the horrizon yet. P.S. They also take submissions if you have add ons you have made :D

.. I have absolutely no issues or problems cycling through my party members for heals and dmg'ing mobs.

I find it refreshing to play an mmo without tons of addons, boring as all **** when you have an addon that tells you when to move/jump/run away rather than look at the fight/remember when things happen (% wise) - Same goes for healing and threat keeping.

If you have issues healing and dmg'ing, especially in the later flashpoints - stop trying to deal out dmg, there's 2 (if not 3) other players for that, let them focus on that, and you focus on keeping everyone alive.

Did not mean for this to be a "lolololol damn qq'rs lololol" reply, just voicing my opinion. I hope to god they don't let us make and add all kinds of addons right away.

.. I have absolutely no issues or problems cycling through my party members for heals and dmg'ing mobs.

I find it refreshing to play an mmo without tons of addons, boring as all **** when you have an addon that tells you when to move/jump/run away rather than look at the fight/remember when things happen (% wise) - Same goes for healing and threat keeping.

If you have issues healing and dmg'ing, especially in the later flashpoints - stop trying to deal out dmg, there's 2 (if not 3) other players for that, let them focus on that, and you focus on keeping everyone alive.

Did not mean for this to be a "lolololol damn qq'rs lololol" reply, just voicing my opinion. I hope to god they don't let us make and add all kinds of addons right away.

No addons in WoW (I assume that's what you're referencing) do what you say they do. At most they give an audio queue telling you to PAY ATTENTION, GET READY TO DO SOMETHING, YOU BETTER KNOW WHAT IT IS. All addons do for healing is make targetting more efficient, which is something this game will need if they want to keep a lot of people interested in the role. While it may not be hard to switch targets, it's damn inefficient to have to click a new target and then cast a heal.

But yeah, while I haven't done pvp yet, I did do it in the beta, and targeting was a pain as health bars did not update right away. Maybe it's just my old computer, but still, I would like the issue to be brought up.

Edited by Shizzletits

Pllleeeaaasssseeee make actionbar changing macro's. I don't have enough space and changing slowly by clicking is annoying and potentially hazardous to my tanks health. Also, yeah. there's an assist keybind but I didn't seem to get it working or something, a bigger issue imho is sometimes the raid/party-frames are still out of sync with actual player health (bars over their head, anyway).

No addons in WoW (I assume that's what you're referencing) do what you say they do. At most they give an audio queue telling you to PAY ATTENTION, GET READY TO DO SOMETHING, YOU BETTER KNOW WHAT IT IS. All addons do for healing is make targetting more efficient, which is something this game will need if they want to keep a lot of people interested in the role. While it may not be hard to switch targets, it's damn inefficient to have to click a new target and then cast a heal.

But yeah, while I haven't done pvp yet, I did do it in the beta, and targeting was a pain as health bars did not update right away. Maybe it's just my old computer, but still, I would like the issue to be brought up.

..Deadly boss mods does not do anything? It tells you when x boss will do x ability, a few times it's a little bit off, but most of the time it was accurate.

No addon to make healing easier? Tons of addons you can just customize so all you do is click the person on grid (or similar) with a key binding through the addon, which starts healing right away. If that does not make healer easier (ridiculously so) then I don't know what makes it easier.

News flash, healthbars are not supposed to update instantly, especially with multiple or rapid constant damage coming in. They didn't in WOW and they never will here. If 1 person is getting ganged up on say in pvp by 4 people, their health bar cannot possibly register and update all the damage and healing done by displaying the bar going up then down on your screen accordingly.

Yes, I am also a healer.