With this UI, how do you play?

Toravisu

I find myself looking down at my abilities more often than looking at my player/area. Kinda sad because I feel the environment is wasted because we are left with a UI we cannot customize to our wants/needs.

So. How do you all play? How do you keep track of your abilities on or coming off cool down?

I just glance to see when an ability is off cooldown. I also have my abilities layed out so that skills which do not have CD's (or are so small that they'd be off after a rotation) are all together. I have always just memorized where each ability is on my ability bars. I've done this in any MMO that I have played. Practice makes perfect. You should have some idea of what each skill does and where they are. It's not like you're re-arranging your abilities after each fight... are you? :p

I play exactly the same as I have in any other game

ui has nothing to do with it at all

You know your abilities the tooltip tell you the cooldown can you not make a standard rotation?

All the info is right there man I'm sorry the game doesnt autoplay like that other game

well i am clicker, so what i do is using the mouse buttons. I am playing with a naga razor that comes with 12 buttons. Add mouse wheel up, mouse wheel down and pushing down the wheel kinda gives me the possibility to use 15 at least abilities without taking my eyes away from the action.

to be honest, practically i use 6 buttons (from the 12 buttons) and i use 3 abilities with the mouse wheel (wheel up, wheel down, pushing down the wheel). but those are the abilities i usually use. The others, are in the bars, i just click them when needed.

As for the cooldowns, now that they added the cooldown in seconds, its far more easier (imo).

The more you get used to your characters abilities and the hotkeys the less you stare at them as it becomes more natural.

On different character classes i try and place similar abilities in the same hotkey locations so transistion is easier

I play exactly the same as I have in any other game

ui has nothing to do with it at all

You know your abilities the tooltip tell you the cooldown can you not make a standard rotation?

All the info is right there man I'm sorry the game doesnt autoplay like that other game

LOL wow. Its not really that, I am fairly new actually, only been playing a couple of days. I guess more than anything, there are several abilities that are on long cool downs, not like damage multipliers but actual abilities. You use it, its on cool down for 30 sec. I guess what I am getting at is that it doesnt seem as fluid at times because I find myself hitting the generic button after a couple of spells and seems like most of the fights seem to be 50% generic melee/shoot ability and 50% other abilities.

Take...wow, yes, I am using it as an example. Take a a fury warrior. You have Coll. Smash, bloodthirst, raging blow, slam, and heroic strike for when u have excess rage. You are using several different abilities with very little to no cooldown constantly. With SW it seems like you have to build up, build up and then use something, build up, build up and use something again.

I guess I am used to something different. Not that I dont like SW, but I much prefer the rage dump putton that is for example Heroic Strike in WoW rather than having to build just to use anything. And Im not a fan of the 20/30 sec cool down abilities.

Personally, I love the new UI changes. As a BH tank, I find that I'm staring down my cd for rocket punch all the time, but it's great to see a real number (and whether my heat level will allow it) and not just looking at a line to determine how soon it'll be ready. I found this to be a great addition and I can't wait to see more like 3 center bars.

well i am clicker, so what i do is using the mouse buttons. I am playing with a naga razor that comes with 12 buttons. Add mouse wheel up, mouse wheel down and pushing down the wheel kinda gives me the possibility to use 15 at least abilities without taking my eyes away from the action.

to be honest, practically i use 6 buttons (from the 12 buttons) and i use 3 abilities with the mouse wheel (wheel up, wheel down, pushing down the wheel). but those are the abilities i usually use. The others, are in the bars, i just click them when needed.

As for the cooldowns, now that they added the cooldown in seconds, its far more easier (imo).

Why even have a Naga if you're just going to click?