Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please rethink Columi Weapons being Token only, and not Commendations

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Please rethink Columi Weapons being Token only, and not Commendations

Freeborne
02.23.2012 , 09:33 AM | #1
I understand the desire to make Tier 2 and 3 weapons, which have the rare black/blue crystals something of a status symbol. It even makes sense for Rakata, because all the other Rakata pieces are token only. Not for Columi though.

By limiting both of them to last boss drops, and only through specific tokens can (and has) caused silly gear imbalances.

I have cleared Karagga's on Normal/HM. I have cleared EV more times than I care to remember, and 4/5 HM EV consistently (good ole buggy Soa).

As a Trooper I have, spread between myself and my companions....

5 Columi Chest Pieces, 3 Rakata Gloves, 2 Columi Gloves, 1 Rakata Pants, 2 Columi Pants, 1 Rakata Helm, 1 Rakata Boots.

The Desler Turbo Mount.

Around 100 Columi Tokens.

And a Tionese Assault Cannon (which I had to buy with tionese level commendations, it was not a drop.)

It's just getting silly how much Tier 2/3 I'm getting while still using a Tier 1 weapon. At this rate I'll have full Rakata armor on myself and 1 companion before I'm lucky enough to get a Columi weapon drop.
The Ebon Hawk: 50 Commando, Shep'ard. 50 Guardian, Asha'man
Want a global LFG channel? Type "/cjoin LFG" on your server and get others to do the same!

Remulan
02.23.2012 , 09:41 AM | #2
I got my merc mh columi on my second day of being 50, l2rng.

Just kidding, I'm pretty sure they will eventually allow the purchase of the weapon with comms, after they release a new tier of gear. It also drops in it's fully assembled form in Nightmare Mode raids. GL.

PainOfDemise
02.23.2012 , 10:03 AM | #3
I was lucky and first time I ever ran HM KP and cleared it, I got the Rakata weapon drop :P

Freeborne
02.23.2012 , 10:05 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by PainOfDemise View Post
I was lucky and first time I ever ran HM KP and cleared it, I got the Rakata weapon drop :P
Well, I was lucky and got the Desler Turbo, which I love, but I need a new weapon, dangnabbit!
The Ebon Hawk: 50 Commando, Shep'ard. 50 Guardian, Asha'man
Want a global LFG channel? Type "/cjoin LFG" on your server and get others to do the same!

PainOfDemise
02.23.2012 , 10:06 AM | #5
I was unlucky at that point, he didn't drop the mount on that run.

JLapp
02.23.2012 , 10:10 AM | #6
First time I killed Karagga on normal I got the columi assault cannon.

A day or two later we downed him on hard and I got my rakata assault cannon (I would have passed it to another trooper if there was one in the group).