Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[NEWB] Why couldn't we dmg the world boss?

Alchropie
02.23.2012 , 12:25 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Remulan View Post
I thought this forum was for making **** up and having 10 pages of replies complaining about what you made up? Is it supposed to be used for something else?
Aliens
(V)(',,,')(V)
woopwoopwoop

Daovin
02.23.2012 , 01:25 PM | #12
Soloed him at level 50, but that's not really helpful.

He did have some sort of buff that stated he has higher hp regen.
"They come, marching, believing themselves equal to the army of ancients that chained me. But I am not of their time."
―The Infernal One

Qonor
02.23.2012 , 02:12 PM | #13
Thanks. Helpful info!
Marqus Deception Assassin
Resurgent Empire Guild
Jedi Covenant PvE East Server

Mythicrose
02.23.2012 , 02:22 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Qonor View Post
When we were in our 20s, my group of three tried to kill (LVL 22) Grandfather in Balmorra, but his health kept resetting, as did his aggro table. He had some buff (can't remember the name) that I Googled and couldn't find any good info on. We then saw a level 50 come in and actually be able to reduce the world boss's health.

1) What was my group doing wrong that his health wouldn't go down?
2) And are world bosses with a level of X meant to be done by a group of level X, or a level 50 group regardless of boss level?
Been a while since my guild him, but I think Grandfather has a HoT he applies every so often. If your operations group doesn't have strong dps, he can out heal the damage you do. I can't remember if the HoT had a cast time or not as we killed him in the Early Access period. I think we had tanks taunting back and forth from an aggro dump move the boss does.

Any character of any level can attack a world boss. Obviously if you're at or above the boss' level, you'll be able to harm it better.
Sniper, Renegade Soldiers [Davik's Estate]
5/5 Nightmare EV
5/5 Nightmare Karagga's Palace
4/4 Hard Mode Explosive Conflict