Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[NEWB] Why couldn't we dmg the world boss?

Qonor
02.23.2012 , 08:59 AM | #1
When we were in our 20s, my group of three tried to kill (LVL 22) Grandfather in Balmorra, but his health kept resetting, as did his aggro table. He had some buff (can't remember the name) that I Googled and couldn't find any good info on. We then saw a level 50 come in and actually be able to reduce the world boss's health.

1) What was my group doing wrong that his health wouldn't go down?
2) And are world bosses with a level of X meant to be done by a group of level X, or a level 50 group regardless of boss level?
Marqus Deception Assassin
Resurgent Empire Guild
Jedi Covenant PvE East Server

Schwick
02.23.2012 , 09:02 AM | #2
They need to be level appropriate. IE: A L49 can not damage the world boss on Belsavis because the boss is L50.
Service with a smile
Information about upcoming patches http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=293118
A collection of operation concerns, please support this topic: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=251249

Qonor
02.23.2012 , 09:03 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Schwick View Post
They need to be level appropriate. IE: A L49 can not damage the world boss on Belsavis because the boss is L50.
We were at or above the boss's level.
Marqus Deception Assassin
Resurgent Empire Guild
Jedi Covenant PvE East Server

Xothos
02.23.2012 , 09:05 AM | #4
If that is the world boss im thinking of, he has a constant health regen buff that you need to out damage.
Xothos, 50 Sith Juggernaut

Woke
02.23.2012 , 09:45 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Schwick View Post
How about you dont spread BS if you dont have a clue about something?

JLapp
02.23.2012 , 10:07 AM | #6
World bosses are generally meant to be taken on by an operation group (probably at least 10-12 players at the level of the boss).

So your group of 3 probably had 1 DPS where the boss is tuned for probably 7-9 DPS. With a health regen mechanic you aren't going to be able to take it down.

Remulan
02.23.2012 , 10:26 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Woke View Post
How about you dont spread BS if you dont have a clue about something?
I thought this forum was for making **** up and having 10 pages of replies complaining about what you made up? Is it supposed to be used for something else?

AtomicSquid
02.23.2012 , 10:32 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Qonor View Post
When we were in our 20s, my group of three tried to kill (LVL 22) Grandfather in Balmorra, but his health kept resetting, as did his aggro table. He had some buff (can't remember the name) that I Googled and couldn't find any good info on. We then saw a level 50 come in and actually be able to reduce the world boss's health.

1) What was my group doing wrong that his health wouldn't go down?
2) And are world bosses with a level of X meant to be done by a group of level X, or a level 50 group regardless of boss level?
You need a large amount of players to defeat a world boss at same level. When we killed Grandfather it was with 15 players. If you don't kill them in a certain time, they will enrage and deal extra damage. Obviously, if you have higher level players help, it is much easier. World bosses will reset if you move them too far away from where they start.
Dralvin Galamonde
Galactic Squid

ccgod
02.23.2012 , 11:52 AM | #9
when trying to defeat world bosses when you're lvl is the same as world boss you have to raid them you can't 3 man them

Elsyiana
02.23.2012 , 12:17 PM | #10
if you move grandfather like 15 feet either direction he resets kinda like taking the belsavis boss out of the water right behind him