Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Still can't find people for 4-man stuff

MJHoyle
02.23.2012 , 06:35 AM | #1
I'm close to 50 now and I'm at a stage where if I can't find people to do stuff with I can't even come back at a higher level and solo it because it's not possible to solo. I've been asking for help all day on a daily basis for 4-man heroics and I'm just getting no luck. I've tried even after 12pm when the daily/heroics reset and nothing. The area can be filled with 30 people and I still won't get any responses. People have trolled me in General saying "that's what guilds are for", but I'm in a guild and we only ever have 4-6 people online at any time and not all of them are the level or have interest to do the missions I'm on. Last night all we needed was a healer, 28 people in the same area and not one person wanted to join in.

I'm against cross-server LFG, but when I can't even find one person out of 28 to get off their backsides and join in for a mission they may never get another chance of doing then I'm starting to think that it might not be a bad idea after all. Or at least give us a better LFG system, one that is server-wide and actually defines what spec you are and what missions you're seeking to do because the current LFG system is total rubbish and this waiting around day after day after day doing nothing but spamming General is seriously making me want to quit out of BOREDOM.
[PlayerX]: Wasn't numb bum in return of the Jedi?
[PlayerY]: no you mean nien numb or something like that hehe
[PlayerY]: nien nunb
[PlayerX]: Ah that wa sit

Foenixz
02.23.2012 , 07:39 AM | #2
Pre 50 is a tough spot for people LFG. I skipped instances simply be cause it was easier to use comms to get mods to upgrade my gear and not have to deal with the whole LFG.

I only have one suggestion until they come up with a world channel. Create one yourself and promote it on your server. Do a /cjoin <channel name> My guild did that and while initially it was a good thing server pop has died down a bit and now they are forced to look in guild to get runs.
Member Synergy Online Gaming

since 2002 and we are still going strong

Flain
02.23.2012 , 08:18 AM | #3
The game needs a X-LFG tool yesterday and while BW are faffing over it the game is dying before their eyes.

Fallenlore
02.23.2012 , 09:12 AM | #4
I skip most of the Heroic 4's on planets because it just takes too much time looking for a group. You can try to spam general channel or go back to fleet or Ilum to spam there. But the majority of folks that are at 50 don't want to bother with them.

You can get to 50 with no problems skipping all the Heroic 4's on all the planets. If it takes too long just skip em. If you really really want to do them, you may have to look offworld for volunteers.

You also can't expect other people to have to join your group either. Sure 30 people are on the planet but they prob are busy questing and trying to get off the planet. You also don't want to be "that person" that spams general every 10 seconds LFM and never finding people. It gives the impression that you might be a horrible person and no one wants to group with you.

tkinnunzero
02.23.2012 , 09:34 AM | #5
A world channel will only mean everyone starts spamming their LFG requests there.

For the benefit of people worried that cross-server LFG will destroy server communities, let me summarize the fleet chat from the last 30 minutes or so from my server.

LFG, lfg, LFM, lfg, LFG, LFG, LFM, lfg, HM need, LFM, LFG, LFG, LFM2, LFM, lfg, LFM, LFM2, lfg, LFM, HM need, LFM2, LFM, LFM, LFM2, LFM, lfg, HM need, LFG, LFM, LFM2, LFG, LFM, anyone for, LF2m, Need for HM, lfg, LFM, LFM2, LFG, LF2M, LFM2, LF2M, LFM, lfg, LFM2, LFG with typo, typo correction, LFM2, LF2M, LFM, HM need, LF2M, LFG, LFM2, LF2M, LFG, LFM2, LFM, LFG, LF2M, LFM2, LFM, LFM, LFG, LFM2, lfg, LF2M, lfg, LFG, LF2M, lfg, LFM2, LFM, LF2M, LFM, LFM2, lfg, LF2M, LFM2, LFM, LFM1, LFG, Lf2M, LF2M, LFM, LFM1, LF1M, LFM2, LFM2, LFM2, LFG, LF2M, LFM2, LFG, LFG, LFG, LF2M, LFM1, LFG, LFG, LFG, LFM1, LFG, LFM1, LFG, LFM1 (107 LFG messages)

lol, on that butter! (2 miss-tells)
whats the best power augment? (1 unanswered question)
Where do you reset your talents?, combat section, Thanks, down part furthest left (4 messages for an answered question)

you should mention no mercs cause i want all tze epics for meeeeh derp (1 message referencing one of the LFG messages, not clear which, could be a miss-tell)

WTB (1 message with no responses in chat)

That's 107 LFG messages that are not chat, contribute nothing to creating a server community and could be replaced with a fast cross-server LFG tool. And if that were to happen, maybe some actual chatting might happen in the chat channel. Wouldn't it be nice if community members actually chatted with each other?

Vyvian
02.23.2012 , 10:14 AM | #6
Honestly, move on and skip those. The amount of time you spend sitting there spaming for another person, you could have gotten that much closer to leaving the planet. If you're that desperate to complete it, come back in a couple of levels.

There are many Heroics that just aren't worth the time or effort. Sure, some give nice items, but generally, you'll get better sooner than you think.

And regarding the whole LFG tool, cross server, you couldn't pay me enough to use that. LOL Just asking for jerks to screw you over on loot drops.

Freeborne
02.23.2012 , 10:17 AM | #7
Just before 50 is a hard time to get groups. That being said, see my signature. Do a community driven movement, at 50 it makes group creation very easy.
The Ebon Hawk: 50 Commando, Shep'ard. 50 Guardian, Asha'man
Want a global LFG channel? Type "/cjoin LFG" on your server and get others to do the same!

Fallenlore
02.23.2012 , 10:27 AM | #8
Cross server anything was what killed World of Warcraft. It might have helped the queues etc, but you generally would play with complete strangers you would NEVER run into again. This causes people not to care what you do and how they handle themselves.

At least by keeping it server wide only, you have a shot of not grouping with people who are jerks. Reputation still matters and generally (as a whole) people act better. They are less likely to screw someone over.

Mavery
02.23.2012 , 11:03 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Fallenlore View Post
Cross server anything was what killed World of Warcraft. It might have helped the queues etc, but you generally would play with complete strangers you would NEVER run into again. This causes people not to care what you do and how they handle themselves.

At least by keeping it server wide only, you have a shot of not grouping with people who are jerks. Reputation still matters and generally (as a whole) people act better. They are less likely to screw someone over.
10.2 million subscriptions strong. Yes, World of Warcraft was "killed."

The sooner we get cross-server LFD, the better.

Vyvian
02.23.2012 , 11:06 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Mavery View Post
10.2 million subscriptions strong. Yes, World of Warcraft was "killed."

The sooner we get cross-server LFD, the better.
LOL and then all the QQ threads will start about ninja looters.

Make some friends in the game, find a guild... it can't be that hard...