Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Downloading

ttrmkh
12.15.2011 , 10:58 PM | #1
Ok, I am pissed. I have been waiting for over 9 hours, and it is still downloading. It is at the screen right now where it says "Downloading English Accents 1 1.79gb remaining." How far am I away from the download being complete? I have been reading around, and some people have waited even longer. So my question, once again is:
"How for away am I from the download being complete?"

Another question I have is this. "When I get the actual game, will I be able to just play it, after installing the disc, using the game client? Or, is the game client just for early access?"
The name is Sintera Norbel, and I am a bounty hunter.
http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/ind...?topic=45041.0 My Mandalorian book.
Join the "Dirty Jawa Clan" we are a Sith, RP-PVP-PVE based guild, and we are looking for members.

Savara
12.15.2011 , 11:01 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by ttrmkh View Post
Ok, I am pissed. I have been waiting for over 9 hours, and it is still downloading. It is at the screen right now where it says "Downloading English Accents 1 1.79gb remaining." How far am I away from the download being complete? I have been reading around, and some people have waited even longer. So my question, once again is:
"How for away am I from the download being complete?"

Another question I have is this. "When I get the actual game, will I be able to just play it, after installing the disc, using the game client? Or, is the game client just for early access?"
Your last question first - all you should need to do with the disc is input your product key. There should be no further installation. To be honest, with the early access launcher you'll have a more up to date and accurate version than the CD could possibly have, since the discs had to have been created long enough ago to be packaged and shipped.

For your first question, check the size of the folder as it currently stands. You're looking to download a total of around 19gb. (Some reports say 18.something, but there may have been patches since then.)

IIRC, I had to download English Assets 14 after 1, but I'm not entirely certain of that. So checking the size of your folder is probably best.
Nyateneri - Chii | Sava'ra - Enaeru | Senre - Enaeru | Nyateneri-- Enaeru
----Cleric ------- Entertainer ------- Priest | Druid ------ Chanter | Spiritmaster ----Mage--
Squadron 11.11.11

ttrmkh
12.15.2011 , 11:26 PM | #3
The storage part I am downloading this into had 97gb's, and now it has 77.5, so there shouldn't be a problem with the storage. I have downloaded several "main assets."

I really hope this is the last screen. I remember the file being about 20gb's, and so far it seems I have downloaded around 20gb's so, I think this is the last one.
The name is Sintera Norbel, and I am a bounty hunter.
http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/ind...?topic=45041.0 My Mandalorian book.
Join the "Dirty Jawa Clan" we are a Sith, RP-PVP-PVE based guild, and we are looking for members.