Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New to MMO - Feedback after a month of Play

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
New to MMO - Feedback after a month of Play

comebui
02.23.2012 , 05:05 AM | #1
Hey Guys,

I just got the game couple of weeks back. This is my first MMORPG so pretty excited to see what I have got. I am a Single Player RPG fan, but my love for KOTOR got me into this game.I am impressed with what I have seen so far.

Started the Game with a Jedi Consular/Shadow. I am in one of the less populated server Echelon Security.
There are few glitches I have noticed , like clipping bug etc etc. Also the difficulty is unpredictable at times. Sometime a small mob takes me out with ease and sometime I clean an entire group them with an elite with no sweat.
Haven't explored the MMO features that much as I am in a server with low population. Also noticed that the Heroics,Flashpoint and Operation mission are impossible without a party.
`
Playing it as a Single Player Game at the moment and the experience has been pretty good.
Will try to create more Character in other servers soon , definitely would like to group up with few of you guys . Also Looking for Role playing Guilds..

Ogien
02.23.2012 , 10:33 AM | #2
Definitely try the multiplayer parts of the game. Playing solo is fun but taking down a boss in a flashpoint can be really epic.

swtonewbie
02.23.2012 , 10:52 AM | #3
Yah before you get set on which character you want to stick with i would recommend settling down on a high population server. Also heroics, flashpoints and operations are meant to be done in a group (some heroics can be solo'd though).

Spero-Mcgee
02.23.2012 , 11:28 AM | #4
The low pop servers seriously needs to get merged together or offer us free transfers.
Doing any of the mmo parts is next to impossible unless ofc youre in a guild with fairly active people and enough approiate roles. PVP on low server pop is a mess, getting the pvp daily done at lvl 50 is like torturing yourself. The imps get the daily done 3 times over and probably get the weekly done in 1 day. I'm certainly having fun, but getting beaten several times in a row playing with and against the same people over and over again is just ****.
Starting over doing only pvp from 10 to 50 is probably the easiest and fastest to get to anywhere close to valor 60 which is needed for bm gear.

I heard that champ gear wasn't far behind in stats compared to the BM gear, but getting the valor to just buy the very basic centurion gear and then champ is really next to impossible unless in every game that ends up a losing game, I whore myself towards medals.
And hunting for medals in the end hurts the whole teamwork idea behind pvp, leading potentialy to more loses. Then there's the lack of healers, which I really can't blame healers for because those healers amongst us that want medals would have to go out of their way to dps a bit which is not their role. As a tank role I don't have that problem, I do my own fair share of damage, but more importantly keep the people around me alive which also nets me my medals. The only time when I lose out on medals is when we get stomped into the ground and kicked repeatably till some people even to decide to just leave the warzone.