Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The "I hate TS (especially in OPs)" Thread

lineschmidt
02.23.2012 , 03:41 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Noirmorris View Post
Once ppl went to work with horses, so let's stop evolution.
In Wow Vanilla there wasn't so much content so let's stop asking more content here, even if it was like 10 years ago.
And so on.
I think whatever I want, of course. And for me, someone who doesn't want a "real" contact like voice with other players it's just a single player gamer.
Thankfully your arbitrary definitions has little impact in the bigger picture

oakamp
02.23.2012 , 03:42 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by deusBAAL View Post
If you feel the same, please post here.
- I should not have to use any kind of 3rd party software to play the game (fake argument actually, if BW adds an ingame voicechat I am gonna be seriously p...ed off and still not gonna use it)

- I raided a lot in the past without any voicechat. 3 years of Everquest and 2 years of Vanguard endgame raids with an asian-pacific guild, we rocked and voice chat was never needed.

- If you dont have the 5 mins before a fight to explain fight mechanics and assign jobs, then you wont do any better by rushing in and shouting at people
ya, i know how u feel,
but ppl today has no patient,
they are lazy to type,
so they use voice chat,
BTW, our EQ raid leader dont spend 5mins to tell u how to do,
he/she wrote on guild web, so if u dont do ur homework b4 join a raid,
then ur DKP will decrease, and ban a raid until u know what u have to do.

our RL just ask members in 1 sec : did u do ur homework? then go fight.....
English is not my first language, still working on it.

Noirmorris
02.23.2012 , 03:43 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by lineschmidt View Post
Thankfully your arbitrary definitions has little impact in the bigger picture
Your opinion, as you teach me Learn to accept what other thinks, kid.

Ironspeed
02.23.2012 , 03:44 AM | #14
Make voice chat mandatory and a part of the game so people are forced to talk to each other, it's supposed to be social.

I actually miss raiding 40 man with everyone on Ventrilo or Mumble (lets face it TS is for noobz), we had so much fun being social and doing raidleading with a indian accent!
The voyage of discovery is not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.
-Marcel Proust

muzzle_flash
02.23.2012 , 03:49 AM | #15
Hmm voice chat is just for the sake of ease, and also adaptability. I'm not saying you need it to raid or pvp etc, but it makes things a whole lot easier when something goes wrong/someone is doing something wrong.

I mean a raid leader who has to stop his current actions to type something is gonna get frustrated fast, and theres going to be mistakes no matter how well you explain things beforehand, especially with an unfamiliar encounter.

If you're completely against voice chat, and I know some people are for whatever reason, join a guild which hasnt got it as a req.

Though be prepared to maybe miss out on key order changes, and to be always slightly behind the flow of any battle. A lot of guilds will provide instructions though text chat, though when things get frantic with a new encounter, or in pvp, some things will get lost in the mix.

deusBAAL
02.23.2012 , 03:52 AM | #16
Seems I hit a nerve.

And yes I expected all them trolls here posting their brainless, pointless and insulting comments. So i say: thank you, trolls, for the bumps.

I am pondering the thought now to use a voicechat client, if I have to, and blocking everyone but the OPleader. That could be a compromise for me. Thank you for that hint.
Funny how PVP folks strive to become the best PK, while PVE folks know that PKs are just really really bad players.

Stalkrates
02.23.2012 , 03:54 AM | #17
If you want to run ops ur gonna need voice chat, be it ts, or vent or w/e. communication is just too important. its a requirement in our guild as it is in most guilds. even pug runs you're gonna need voice chat.

it is in the end, a team game. if you dont want to talk to the team, sit on the bench.

lineschmidt
02.23.2012 , 04:00 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Noirmorris View Post
Your opinion, as you teach me Learn to accept what other thinks, kid.
Ahhh the kid insult?

Sure sign you've got nothing

RedMix
02.23.2012 , 04:00 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by deusBAAL View Post
Think whatever you want.
MMORPG players did 90+ man raids way before TS even was available. (raid groups in EQ were 12 groups of 6 chars = 72, and some guilds brought extra groups)
My guild on EQ, Saviours on Bertoxx, did those raids with half of that manpower and without voicechat and kept up with progression just fine.

If have done OPs in SWTOR already, without voicechat. Worked just fine, too.

I used Roger Wilco in EQ raids back in 2000....Then again we raided on Rallos Zek where the real players were :P

Rasticles
02.23.2012 , 04:01 AM | #20
Doing ANYTHING today in an online game group without Vent or TS is just being ignorant.

If people are munching chips in your ear, or blasting the raid with Madonna, someone hasn't been terse enough with the members doing this. My guild simply doesn't have people who do this, dunno bout you....guess some of you do...

But I'll not type out a long set of directions for an encounter when it is MUCH easier to relay the same in Vent, quicker, where I can hear an 'I got it' back from the player.

Also, assuming new people in the raid, even after you have laid out the encounter, someone ALWAYS stands in fire. Do you stop DPS to type out 'Hey, Ramalamasobad, get out of the fire please' or just push a button and say it? Call me provincial here, but, seems a pretty basic decision....

Lastly, convenience. Many of our guild are new players, who of course have a ton of questions. I'd much rather hit a button to answer them when I'm tanking a Heroic 4 than temporarily ignore them in chat, or stopping my rotation to type out 'Have a good evening'.

If you feel your peen is bigger because you don't / can't / won't use it, great for you. I will say one of our new members was being real hard headed about getting Vent, similar arguments as here... FINALLY, she got it.... now, you can't get her to NOT be in Vent.....

I mean, really? Like why aren't some of you still using rotary phones or 8-track tapes still?