Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

I'm So Tired...


dubyahite's Avatar


dubyahite
02.23.2012 , 04:22 AM | #11
The bugs on HM pylons are easy to overcome, if you're talking about the same one I am thinking of.

Not to excuse it or anything, but there's no reason for your guild to go in there and wipe 12 times in a row.


The colors on the wheels are the same rotation every time, they are just in a different order. The wheels don't change, but the solution does.



First, you need to find the solution to each pylon before you start. This will change every attempt if you wipe. The wheel is the same every time, but they are in a different order.


So I type it out in ops chat for my guild before hand. Something like NORTH: 3R, 2L, 2L, 3L for the north pylon.



The reason this is important is because each pylon has specific wheels that need to be solved first to prevent the bug.


The north pylon has to solve the first and the fourth wheels BEFORE the south pylon solves those wheels.

The south pylon has to solve the second and third wheels BEFORE the north pylon solves them.



So on the first wheel, if the north needs to go 3 left turns, but the south only needs to go 2 left turns, then the south would turn it left once and wait for the north pylon to solve the first wheel. Then the south can click to solve after the north one is completed.



My guild avoids the bug 100% of the time using this solution. Just takes a bit of coordination.


I actually like this way of solving it better than just spam clicking the consoles. If it wasn't for the need to reset the phase after each wipe, I would prefer if it was left this way.


Hope this helps someone, and please don't wipe on the pylons 12 times in a row anymore!

Doobyman's Avatar


Doobyman
02.23.2012 , 04:22 AM | #12
Yes thanks for that but I am in a 9/10 nm guild and we have cleared it multiple times with no problems.

Unfortunately that workaround does not work 100% of the time. We tried no end of "solutions" found on the internet. It just wouldn't work, and then all of a sudden an hour and a half later it did.

dubyahite's Avatar


dubyahite
02.23.2012 , 04:25 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Doobyman View Post
Yes thanks for that but I am in a 9/10 nm guild and we have cleared it multiple times with no problems.

Unfortunately that workaround does not work 100% of the time. We tried no end of "solutions" found on the internet. It just wouldn't work, and then all of a sudden an hour and a half later it did.

Yeah, I figured you probably already knew, but it's hard to tell what you're talking about since you weren't more specific in your post.


Anyways, maybe it will help someone else who reads this thread.

Doobyman's Avatar


Doobyman
02.23.2012 , 04:29 AM | #14
Its more the whole thing. The amount of bugs, and more importantly BWs silence on all these issues.

I understand games have bugs. Especially MMOs. But I've never encountered a dev team SO silent and blatantly SO don't care either.

I feel a bit trapped, since I paid for a 6 month sub up front on faith and I don't feel I have quite gotten what was said on the tin.

peaceandpassion's Avatar


peaceandpassion
02.23.2012 , 04:40 AM | #15
Many bugs atm, last night my guild went in for KP HM and SOA NM (we only do hm to geared specific people easier)

For some reason we couldnt change the mode. KP was stuck at normal no matter what happened and soa got stuck in nightmare at the second phase of his cycle.

So we couldnt reach the platforms to attack soa and normal raids are useless to us

Married with the SOA loosing agro bug in the third phase, which we have tried no dps, guardian leap spam the healers etc, nothing works. Atm there is no way to know if soa is going to loose agro while ur waiting for a pillar stun or not.

Meh, i enjoy this game but when your creating tactics to work around raid bugs more than tactics for the fight it gets alittle stupid imo
◄║▒▒╠ ╣║▓╞∞╡Ä███████████████████████████████████) - PeaceAndPassion

Bmonkeeus's Avatar


Bmonkeeus
02.23.2012 , 05:14 AM | #16
Cool story bro.

Nutu's Avatar


Nutu
02.23.2012 , 05:25 AM | #17
Edit: Read back a couple and my statement is now invalid

Twaggy's Avatar


Twaggy
02.23.2012 , 05:27 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Doobyman View Post
I understand games have bugs. Especially MMOs. But I've never encountered a dev team SO silent and blatantly SO don't care either.
Sony Online Entertainment - The Matrix Online

This is where I will be called a fanboi blah blah

But I thought I should just say I've seen worse dev teams in MMOs, BW has a very good dev team who obviously do listen since fixes are done as soon as they know how to fix them, and the fact that the cooldown UI is now in your hands in most ways and in the next major patch you will get a guild bank and the ability to move and resize your whole UI and many other things players have asked for.

I'm not saying they are perfect, I know some fixes they say they have done have not worked. But that doesn't mean they have *stopped* trying to work it out. Just because they don't tell you anything doesn't mean it ain't happening.... if a tree is not heard falling down did it fall at all? of course it did.

There, that's my 2 cents which I am rightfully allowed to speak of. So feel free to flame me now
Mask of Nihilus Server Facebook Group - A place to find new friends, join guilds, find groups, learn of server events and most of all to have fun with YOUR community!

Noirmorris's Avatar


Noirmorris
02.23.2012 , 05:31 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Twaggy View Post
Sony Online Entertainment - The Matrix Online

This is where I will be called a fanboi blah blah

But I thought I should just say I've seen worse dev teams in MMOs, BW has a very good dev team who obviously do listen since fixes are done as soon as they know how to fix them, and the fact that the cooldown UI is now in your hands in most ways and in the next major patch you will get a guild bank and the ability to move and resize your whole UI and many other things players have asked for.

I'm not saying they are perfect, I know some fixes they say they have done have not worked. But that doesn't mean they have *stopped* trying to work it out. Just because they don't tell you anything doesn't mean it ain't happening.... if a tree is not heard falling down did it fall at all? of course it did.

There, that's my 2 cents which I am rightfully allowed to speak of. So feel free to flame me now
Agree 100%. But what makes players love a SH? Not only the game, but the policy too. Even about communications to ppl.

ArmchairMagpie's Avatar


ArmchairMagpie
02.23.2012 , 05:36 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Doobyman View Post
I placated first, then thought "no, I AM right" and found the evidence :P

I'm not angry. I'm just disappointed. Why is BW so silent about these issues? Its like they're pretending they are not there, just so they can turn around and say "bug? what bug?".
Well, the only reference we have is this. And there it was said that "if we(Bioware) donít respond publicly to a bug that does not mean we are not going to fix it".