Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I'm So Tired...

Doobyman
02.23.2012 , 02:48 AM | #1
...of all the bugs in end-game operations. Yes yes I know I'm going to get blasted by all the people who don't do end-game operations, and there are many many bugs in this game and only a small fraction of them in end-game. But Ops are what I know, since I don't PvP and I don't alt.

Last night we spent an hour and a half on the stupid Pylons bug. Halfway through they either become unclickable or you can click them but they don't rotate. I've heard rumours that BW say this is working as intended, but I think thats utter rubbish. An hour and a half! That was about 12 pulls, because every time it bugged we had to reset the instance due to not being able to enter afterwards, and that meant clearing the trash again. I'll admit I think we are total pros at doing that now.

Lets talk about Soa. I havent killed him on nm this week yet because of the above Pylons incident, but seriously....he is (or was before patch) completely bugged. I'm not just talking about the one bug they fixed (tank losing threat), but what about the platforms not respawning? Or more annoyingly the fact that when he spawns his balls he sometimes spawns 4 but only announces 3? Or that they lose their nameplate if their owner gets mindtrapped/whirled? Or sometimes he doesn't announce at all!

Droid...some people randomly don't get his announcement for "I have 24 distinct weapons technologies", although this doesn't really matter since the boss is cake anyway.

Then of course there's the fact that we have to use group loot because Master Loot is bugged. Why oh why Bioware won't just come out and say it I don't know, we certainly all know it is. Again I've heard rumours that it is fixed, but am I really going to risk losing the loot in nightmare to test it? If BW admitted it was a bug then they could also tell us when it is fixed!
Group loot is working fine for us, we use a Karma system and the RL just does the rolls on his dice at home and then loots one at a time which we all pass except the person who won. But it would be easier with Master Loot.

I won't go on about /roll because apparently it is coming soon(tm).

OK, now....I can take bugs. What is really worrying me is that the game has been out for two months. Please save your "Yeah, only TWO months", I don't remember MC EVER being this buggy for this long. At least the basic mechanics worked properly. Are BW waiting for the whole population to get to 50 before they start fixing end-game? I'm not just talking about operations now, I'm aware that there are just as many bugs in PvP.

What do you do once you hit 50? Well unless you just turn around and start an alt from level 1 you really either do endgame Ops or endgame PvP, or both right? And both have crippling bugs!

Back to Ops for a sec, 1.2 is around the corner (March they said), and with it comes a new tier of raids. It can only be a few weeks away, yet there are still so many bugs with the first tier. Will there be similar ridiculous bugs in Tier 2 that go on for months and months without even being acknowledged?

I for one will give it until 1.2 to see what happens. I've paid for a 6 month sub so I haven't really got a choice. And ye I know its almost another "I'm quitting!" post, but I want this game to work and it seems the only obstacle is BW. I'm not entirely sure about their plan, why they don't fix bugs in a timely manner, why they don't offer PTS transfers (or pre-made 50s) to test their content (I mean seriously? How stupid do you have to be to think a decent amount of people are going to level to 50 on the PTS?).

All I can see is people unsubbing around me left and right, simply because of the amount of bugs and the state of the engine. Playing at 10 fps in combat isn't fun. Many people have left before me and many will leave after me, and many won't care.

But sooner or later everyone gets there.

Nightfalll
02.23.2012 , 03:22 AM | #2
In b4 the Biodrone fanbois attack you and this thread.

'Give them moooar time'....or 'theyre working on it naoooo'

Like so...

Your take on the game is valid, and many people feel the same way. My guild lost another 13 members in the last 9 days. My friends list is down to 3 from 28 people. Those three barely log on anylonger.

But regardless, get ready to be attacked for stating your opinion.
"I wonder what you will say when SWTOR surpasses WoW in subs.

Something like Oh it will die in 2 years from now, when it doesnt you change your opinion and say Oh its 4 years." quote from DARTHDOLL 2/25/2012

Doobyman
02.23.2012 , 03:34 AM | #3
At least one person gets it

Noirmorris
02.23.2012 , 03:37 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Doobyman View Post
...of all the bugs in end-game operations. Yes yes I know I'm going to get blasted by all the people who don't do end-game operations, and there are many many bugs in this game and only a small fraction of them in end-game. But Ops are what I know, since I don't PvP and I don't alt.

Last night we spent an hour and a half on the stupid Pylons bug. Halfway through they either become unclickable or you can click them but they don't rotate. I've heard rumours that BW say this is working as intended, but I think thats utter rubbish. An hour and a half! That was about 12 pulls, because every time it bugged we had to reset the instance due to not being able to enter afterwards, and that meant clearing the trash again. I'll admit I think we are total pros at doing that now.

Lets talk about Soa. I havent killed him on nm this week yet because of the above Pylons incident, but seriously....he is (or was before patch) completely bugged. I'm not just talking about the one bug they fixed (tank losing threat), but what about the platforms not respawning? Or more annoyingly the fact that when he spawns his balls he sometimes spawns 4 but only announces 3? Or that they lose their nameplate if their owner gets mindtrapped/whirled? Or sometimes he doesn't announce at all!

Droid...some people randomly don't get his announcement for "I have 24 distinct weapons technologies", although this doesn't really matter since the boss is cake anyway.

Then of course there's the fact that we have to use group loot because Master Loot is bugged. Why oh why Bioware won't just come out and say it I don't know, we certainly all know it is. Again I've heard rumours that it is fixed, but am I really going to risk losing the loot in nightmare to test it? If BW admitted it was a bug then they could also tell us when it is fixed!
Group loot is working fine for us, we use a Karma system and the RL just does the rolls on his dice at home and then loots one at a time which we all pass except the person who won. But it would be easier with Master Loot.

I won't go on about /roll because apparently it is coming soon(tm).

OK, now....I can take bugs. What is really worrying me is that the game has been out for two months. Please save your "Yeah, only TWO months", I don't remember MC EVER being this buggy for this long. At least the basic mechanics worked properly. Are BW waiting for the whole population to get to 50 before they start fixing end-game? I'm not just talking about operations now, I'm aware that there are just as many bugs in PvP.

What do you do once you hit 50? Well unless you just turn around and start an alt from level 1 you really either do endgame Ops or endgame PvP, or both right? And both have crippling bugs!

Back to Ops for a sec, 1.2 is around the corner (March they said), and with it comes a new tier of raids. It can only be a few weeks away, yet there are still so many bugs with the first tier. Will there be similar ridiculous bugs in Tier 2 that go on for months and months without even being acknowledged?

I for one will give it until 1.2 to see what happens. I've paid for a 6 month sub so I haven't really got a choice. And ye I know its almost another "I'm quitting!" post, but I want this game to work and it seems the only obstacle is BW. I'm not entirely sure about their plan, why they don't fix bugs in a timely manner, why they don't offer PTS transfers (or pre-made 50s) to test their content (I mean seriously? How stupid do you have to be to think a decent amount of people are going to level to 50 on the PTS?).

All I can see is people unsubbing around me left and right, simply because of the amount of bugs and the state of the engine. Playing at 10 fps in combat isn't fun. Many people have left before me and many will leave after me, and many won't care.

But sooner or later everyone gets there.
Yes I 100% agree with you because I found with guild the SAME bug. What I hate more isn't bug in itself, but more the fact they say "It's fixed" just to make misinformation.
And it's not the first time Bioware act like this on SWTOR.

muzzle_flash
02.23.2012 , 03:41 AM | #5
A lot of people are feeling this way, and rightly so. The forums are brimming with angry people at the moment, and of course people who would rush to defend any negative points made.

Something needs to be done fast, as all I see from guild/friends list is people leaving or just not logging in at all...

Cancrizans
02.23.2012 , 03:43 AM | #6
Molten Core wasn't even in WoW when it was two months old.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

Doobyman
02.23.2012 , 03:49 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Cancrizans View Post
Molten Core wasn't even in WoW when it was two months old.
Uh yes it was.
http://www.wowpedia.org/Molten_Core
Quote:
It was one of two forty (40) player raid dungeons available upon release of World of Warcraft

ArmchairMagpie
02.23.2012 , 04:01 AM | #8
Lol, that was a fast correction, a fast answer for either situation: "wasn't there" and "was there". But it was there and it had plenty of bugs, from auto-resetting itself every day (very nice for progression) over multi-chained packs, mobs getting stuck in the wall to dreaded evasion. Existing even a couple of months after release. I've been a Molten Core raider from early June 2005 and we still hit a couple of bugs. And yes, angry players met calm players who told them to be patient because they are working on that kind of stuff.

Doobyman
02.23.2012 , 04:13 AM | #9
I placated first, then thought "no, I AM right" and found the evidence :P

I'm not angry. I'm just disappointed. Why is BW so silent about these issues? Its like they're pretending they are not there, just so they can turn around and say "bug? what bug?".

themacr
02.23.2012 , 04:15 AM | #10
Quote:
There actualy is a work around that works in HM, Havent tested in NM yet (will tonight).

ALWAYS solve the SOUTH puzzle 1st. one every part of the puzzle have them solve it 1st. It has never bugged for us when we did this.

Soa.. still bugged like hell as of yesterday (NM) We had them all, tank mindtrapped and boss resetting, no platforms, people randomly not being able to do anything in phase 3, people unable to be ressed etc etc etc.. Took us fregging 1.5 hours to get a clean run without issues and kill him.
Medicinara• Member •
Aeon Knights
• Recruitment Thread •
Multi Faction • Raiding • Lore • RP • PVP • EU • Mature •