Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Why can classes still need roll on non class gear?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Why can classes still need roll on non class gear?

Dylancholy's Avatar


Dylancholy
02.23.2012 , 01:51 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Wookieburger View Post
I am, you're not reading mine. YOU don't decide what is usable and an appropriate use of an item. If I redeem it for an item and sell it I STILL GOT USE OF IT.

Just because it isn't what YOU would have done doesn't mean it wasn't a good use for him. He is a bit richer then he was previously.
I don't understand your argument.
Bioware have said a class need goes above a companion need or a vendoring need or scrapping for mods (which doesn't make sense unless used for companions).
So it's not that defensible.

schnopsnosn's Avatar


schnopsnosn
02.23.2012 , 01:52 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by iimagiicii View Post
Wow some of you people are just jerks... hope you're not in guilds cause that **** wouldn't fly.
Why?
In our guild we are TALKING to each other and if someone needs it and it's for his class he gets it.
If he doesn't need it or if it's not for any of us(class-specific) we either all use Greed or - if for example we're gearing a new 50 - one gets it to rip out the enhancements.

Wookieburger's Avatar


Wookieburger
02.23.2012 , 01:55 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Dylancholy View Post
I don't understand your argument.
Bioware have said a class need goes above a companion need or a vendoring need or scrapping for mods (which doesn't make sense unless used for companions).
So it's not that defensible.
Again link or it wasn't ever said.

Also on a side note I am in a guild and am smart enough to know the expectations of the group I run with so things like this don't happen.

Dertzer's Avatar


Dertzer
02.23.2012 , 02:20 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Wookieburger View Post
Again link or it wasn't ever said.

Also on a side note I am in a guild and am smart enough to know the expectations of the group I run with so things like this don't happen.
http://www.swtor.com/blog/dev-tracke...uary-20th-2012

I believe the first paragraph is what he's referring too.

The paragraph is evidence that Class-specific rolls have priority over Companion rolling, but Companion rolling has priority over Greed. Imo, that's how it should be, *IF* people use their companions. I.E, actually do their PvE dailies.

BiS slot hunters may well fit into the middle slot, too.

Wookieburger's Avatar


Wookieburger
02.23.2012 , 02:26 AM | #25
Ah, well there are a few key words like probably
Quote:
We will probably limit the 'need' button to only people who match the primary class the gear is meant for
.

The OP should also have read in the next paragraph where it says
Quote:
I strongly recommend that players who care clearly decide the expected need/greed role behaviors ('no companion need rolling or you're out!') when a group is initially formed.

Dertzer's Avatar


Dertzer
02.23.2012 , 02:28 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Wookieburger View Post
Ah, well there are a few key words like probably .

The OP should also have read in the next paragraph where it says
Your dodging your own bullet, are you not?

The OP's point, as I understand it, was that someone rolled Need when it wasn't for their class. The post he referred too, as I linked, was a direct solution to his issue.

You were the one imposing a view here, when he was making a perfectly valid point from Biowares stance on it.

Wookieburger's Avatar


Wookieburger
02.23.2012 , 02:39 AM | #27
Nope, he was taking the stance that this is what Bioware will do. The post is that they will probably do. Until it happens it is up in the air as to if it is something they will enact or not. Until they do they offer the same solution I've said in the posts here. Know the expectations of the group you run with.

Dertzer's Avatar


Dertzer
02.23.2012 , 02:44 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Wookieburger View Post
Nope, he was taking the stance that this is what Bioware will do. The post is that they will probably do. Until it happens it is up in the air as to if it is something they will enact or not. Until they do they offer the same solution I've said in the posts here. Know the expectations of the group you run with.
Either way, i'm not interested in this argument I did my part by linking what the OP obviously couldn't find again, despite being asked to reference it.

As an offnote, gearing companions is a USE, because it is USED. Selling to a vendor is a benefit, not a use.

EDIT: Clarification to sound less of a jerk.

Wookieburger's Avatar


Wookieburger
02.23.2012 , 02:52 AM | #29
Thanks for the link though. I appreciate that you took the effort. Also, any thing done to or with an item, whether it's beneficial or not, is a use of the item

Kronkit's Avatar


Kronkit
02.23.2012 , 03:32 AM | #30
Any one want PIE !!!
I FOUND YOUR LACK OF BETA DATES DISTURBING