Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why can classes still need roll on non class gear?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Why can classes still need roll on non class gear?

schnopsnosn
02.23.2012 , 01:35 AM | #11
My god, you got ninja'd, get over it.
Also it was only Tionese.
Almost any purple 49-craft is better than this...

BossTroll
02.23.2012 , 01:35 AM | #12
Because he CAN use it, either the mods or for a companion. Other classes put in just as much effort to get the drops, and have a shot at the loot.
Now, it wasn't polite of him, and someone doing this too me would end up on my 'do not group with' list. Maybe you should start a list like that aswell.
- Paranoia is a comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter. -- Gilbran Quail-Collected Essays -

Dylancholy
02.23.2012 , 01:38 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by schnopsnosn View Post
My god, you got ninja'd, get over it.
Also it was only Tionese.
Almost any purple 49-craft is better than this...
It's still a waste of a time investment. He can't use the gear either.
My complaint is that there are basic measures to prevent this kind of thing from happening that have been in other MMORPG's for years.

Dylancholy
02.23.2012 , 01:39 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by BossTroll View Post
Because he CAN use it, either the mods
i mentioned this
Quote: Originally Posted by Dylancholy View Post
Turning in a token and scrapping for mods doesn't make much sense either, because the mods are for the class. It can kind of work with the enhancement slot, but the one designated for your actual class is better.

Wookieburger
02.23.2012 , 01:42 AM | #15
As I posted earlier he CAN use it, in many ways. Even if it's just to turn in and then vendor. They don't need to ban rolling need on gear that isn't your class because there are options beyond just rolling (such as Master Looter).

You lost the roll QQ more.

Dylancholy
02.23.2012 , 01:44 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Wookieburger View Post
As I posted earlier he CAN use it.
You're clearly not reading my posts.

Wookieburger
02.23.2012 , 01:48 AM | #17
I am, you're not reading mine. YOU don't decide what is usable and an appropriate use of an item. If I redeem it for an item and sell it I STILL GOT USE OF IT.

Just because it isn't what YOU would have done doesn't mean it wasn't a good use for him. He is a bit richer then he was previously.

livnthedream
02.23.2012 , 01:49 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Dylancholy View Post
You're clearly not reading my posts.
no, your posts are being read, they are merely incorrect. you dont have to be of that class to turn in the token, and he can equip the item to a companion without issue. perhaps he wanted the enhancement. honestly no matter the "reason" why, he is still just as entitled to it as you are. you both put forth the same amount of effort, and you both had the same chance on the roll.

iimagiicii
02.23.2012 , 01:50 AM | #19
Wow some of you people are just jerks... hope you're not in guilds cause that **** wouldn't fly.

schnopsnosn
02.23.2012 , 01:50 AM | #20
Also on a sidenote:
There are no Tionese-tokens.