Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why can classes still need roll on non class gear?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Why can classes still need roll on non class gear?

Dylancholy
02.23.2012 , 12:09 AM | #1
I just spent almost three hours (the dps and heals weren't spectacular) in a flash point, only to reach the end and have a Sage "accidentally" need roll on Smuggler/Agent Unassembled Tionese gear and win.
I understand there needing to be a roll function in the event that an item for a class not in the group drops, but why can classes still select "need" on items not for their class, especially items they can't even use??
Because of rolling being a free for all and the lack of an in party trading system of bop items to remedy items accidentally winding up in the wrong hands, stuff like this is really annoying.
I'm really hoping this will change soon.

livnthedream
02.23.2012 , 12:43 AM | #2
i have no idea why he rolled on tionese, unless you mean columni. if it was columni its becaue ia/smuggler helms and gloves are the easiest way to get bis mods.

also, to answer your question, because it isnt "your" loot. you can play ring around the rosie all day long with the ethics involved but the player is making just as much "use" out of it as you are, and put in the same amount of "effort" to get it. on top of that, because bioware says they can.

Dylancholy
02.23.2012 , 01:09 AM | #3
He rolled on it to ninja it. It was tionese. He literally cannot use it for anything.

Wookieburger
02.23.2012 , 01:21 AM | #4
Oh, there are uses for other classes gear. Rip out mods, give to companions, or even just sell to a merchant. Just because it isn't a use YOU think is appropriate, doesn't mean the other player doesn't have the same right to it.

Dylancholy
02.23.2012 , 01:23 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Wookieburger View Post
Oh, there are uses for other classes gear. Rip out mods, give to companions, or even just sell to a merchant. Just because it isn't a use YOU think is appropriate, doesn't mean the other player doesn't have the same right to it.
Unassembled Tionese stuff isn't gear.

Wookieburger
02.23.2012 , 01:27 AM | #6
Semantics, it is when you turn it in. The only reason it isn't is so you can choose what bonuses said piece has.

Dylancholy
02.23.2012 , 01:31 AM | #7
Also doesn't matter.
Bioware have said that companions are a priority below "need," so it doesn't make sense to take a token for another class that needs it.

Wookieburger
02.23.2012 , 01:33 AM | #8
Where's the link to that? I haven't read any such thing, but the way around it is start a group and make yourself master looter. Then you can delegate loot to your hearts content.

Dylancholy
02.23.2012 , 01:34 AM | #9
Turning in a token and scrapping for mods doesn't make much sense either, because the mods are for the class. It can kind of work with the enhancement slot, but the one designated for your actual class is better.

edit: the tokens also can't be vendored.

Dylancholy
02.23.2012 , 01:34 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Wookieburger View Post
Where's the link to that? I haven't read any such thing, but the way around it is start a group and make yourself master looter. Then you can delegate loot to your hearts content.
It was in the recent Q&A. The one from last week.
They said they're going to put something between need and greed that's for scrapping mods and companion gear.