Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SOA - The ultra-bugged boss

Benuvil
02.23.2012 , 10:26 AM | #11
Truly, the end-game raid content in this game is absolute trash. Seriously, I waited years and years for this game -- and all they have to offer is TWO VERY SMALL BUG-RIDDEN raids.

5 Bosses a piece. EV has 2 bosses that aren't bosses, they are 0 skill loot boxes, one of which bugs on a regular basis and locks you out of the raid entirely, halting your progress and wasting your time.

How the *(^($% can they think this is acceptable? I know now all SWToR is about is voiceover and mediocre story-lines. That is supposed to make up for how trash the game really is. League of Legends is free, they support it constantly and ensure that the player-base STAYS INTERESTED. MMO's keep their player-base interested with END-GAME... NOT voiceovers and questlines. Absolute. Epic. Fail.
Vader Sessions
In 1924, I posed for another sculpture. It was a nude rock. It depicted me singing 'Deep River'

Rookss
02.23.2012 , 11:17 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Benuvil View Post
Truly, the end-game raid content in this game is absolute trash. Seriously, I waited years and years for this game -- and all they have to offer is TWO VERY SMALL BUG-RIDDEN raids.

5 Bosses a piece. EV has 2 bosses that aren't bosses, they are 0 skill loot boxes, one of which bugs on a regular basis and locks you out of the raid entirely, halting your progress and wasting your time.

How the *(^($% can they think this is acceptable? I know now all SWToR is about is voiceover and mediocre story-lines. That is supposed to make up for how trash the game really is. League of Legends is free, they support it constantly and ensure that the player-base STAYS INTERESTED. MMO's keep their player-base interested with END-GAME... NOT voiceovers and questlines. Absolute. Epic. Fail.
Did you people not play WoW when it was first released? Does ANYONE remember the original Molten Core?

2-3 months after release 95% of the raiding population was still trying to down the first 2 bosses in there. Ragnaros didn't fall to the majority of guilds for close to 6months of release (if I am remember correctly.) They ONLY had MC, and for the most part it was a X-hour wipefest. It was bugged to **** also.

The game has been out for ~2 months and the 2 entry-level-raids that were created have been fully cleared. Yea they got bugs - thats how new games work.

I understand peoples frustration. I really do. Would people have been happier if Foreman Crusher or Bonethrasher was unbeatable? This way instead of clearing content with a quickness you had something to throw yourself at for 5 days a week? Or would that make it worse?

I am getting bored with the content. We clear both raids on HM every week. Yea we get random bugs that stop us from collecting loot. Suck it up - if you don't like it, quit doing Soa for a few weeks till its fixed and avoid the frustration.

All im saying is so many people are spitting doom and gloom and how the end-game content is so bad. Its been 2 months people - yea it's slim pickings and its fairly easy content (when not bugged.) Give the game some time. Take a month off if you have to. Nothing is released 'perfect' in this industry. NOTHING. They spent years developing the GAME, not strictly end-game content. Don't think they are neglecting us. If the game is to survive, both PvP and end-game ops need to be fully developed and fleshed out. I have no doubt they are working on this. If you waited years to play, you can wait a few months for the end-game content to really pick up steam.

Benuvil
02.23.2012 , 11:29 AM | #13
Unfortunately my expectations were clearly too high. BioWare had held a high standard except for DA2 and I expected that same standard. Especially when they delayed release so that the game would be "polished".

A game that's polished has a combat log. Enough said.
Vader Sessions
In 1924, I posed for another sculpture. It was a nude rock. It depicted me singing 'Deep River'

YodadoY
02.23.2012 , 11:30 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Rookss View Post
Did you people not play WoW when it was first released? Does ANYONE remember the original Molten Core?

2-3 months after release 95% of the raiding population was still trying to down the first 2 bosses in there. Ragnaros didn't fall to the majority of guilds for close to 6months of release (if I am remember correctly.) They ONLY had MC, and for the most part it was a X-hour wipefest. It was bugged to **** also.

The game has been out for ~2 months and the 2 entry-level-raids that were created have been fully cleared. Yea they got bugs - thats how new games work.

I understand peoples frustration. I really do. Would people have been happier if Foreman Crusher or Bonethrasher was unbeatable? This way instead of clearing content with a quickness you had something to throw yourself at for 5 days a week? Or would that make it worse?

I am getting bored with the content. We clear both raids on HM every week. Yea we get random bugs that stop us from collecting loot. Suck it up - if you don't like it, quit doing Soa for a few weeks till its fixed and avoid the frustration.

All im saying is so many people are spitting doom and gloom and how the end-game content is so bad. Its been 2 months people - yea it's slim pickings and its fairly easy content (when not bugged.) Give the game some time. Take a month off if you have to. Nothing is released 'perfect' in this industry. NOTHING. They spent years developing the GAME, not strictly end-game content. Don't think they are neglecting us. If the game is to survive, both PvP and end-game ops need to be fully developed and fleshed out. I have no doubt they are working on this. If you waited years to play, you can wait a few months for the end-game content to really pick up steam.
Thank god someone has some sense.

Jureth
02.23.2012 , 12:07 PM | #15
Don't forget the invisible lightning balls and randomly loosing agro for no reason :P
The Ironhand Legacy // The Arin'Tor Legacy

Lorathi / Adzrael / Malkiah / Jureth / Akkarin

Alchropie
02.23.2012 , 12:11 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Rookss View Post

WoW at launch was 100000000x more bugged/less content than SWTOR at launch. People just go from a fine tuned game (that's been out for 8 years now?) to a brand new game and expect the same result.

Most people that started playing this game probably started in WoW and have never played a game at launch.
(V)(',,,')(V)
woopwoopwoop