Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

We want Battlefront II Space Combat style PvP in SWTOR

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
We want Battlefront II Space Combat style PvP in SWTOR

Noxsabe
02.22.2012 , 06:52 PM | #1
First of all, this thread made me come up with this idea! he asked for Space Combat in SWTOR.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=3039194

and if Bioware can put in the same Space Combat like in the game "Battlefront II" from back in the days!! then this game would have done the impossible.
the Space combat from Battlefront II was so cool i'v played it for years, it sads me to not have seen someone make a "updated version" of that game! you know better engine, updated textures you know the works.
So in that thought again, this would be the best update Bioware could ever make for SWTOR! Epic Space Combat that's what we need.
Yes i do understand that this is as good as making a new game for an existing game, but face it who here will not want that of an epic space battle added to thus far fantastic game.

For the people that don't remember the game Battlefront II,

- Spawn in your cruisers hanger bay and be Able to pick a Fighter, Support and or Bomber Craft to fly with.
- Epic Space Battle to take control over an Battlecruiser by destroying the shield gen, turrets and some other stuff (etch side had to defend there cruiser and attack the other cruiser)
- possibility to destroy the targets from with in the cruiser, all you had to do is land in there hanger get out of your craft and run to elevators and so fight on a ground based corridor to corridor style combat to get to the targets from with in.

Oh mighty Bioware would you please add Space Combat like that to this game, Please ^^
Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying. (Arthur C. Clarke)
http://www.noxsa.be

Glowrod
02.22.2012 , 06:55 PM | #2
When you say "We" do you really mean you?

Actually, anything they do would be an improvement.

VIP Lounge Member

Noxsabe
02.22.2012 , 11:01 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Glowrod View Post
When you say "We" do you really mean you?

Actually, anything they do would be an improvement.
let me guess you never played Battlefront II eh, otherwise you would not say that !
Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying. (Arthur C. Clarke)

AHChrist
02.23.2012 , 12:40 AM | #4
One problem with that...you will have 300 tie-fighters vs 10 x-wings. Until they solve the balance issue, all open world pvp no matter how cool will fail. Warhammer was a big 150 million dollar project that proved that. As soon as one side dominated, all world pvp stopped. All pvp in this game will need to need instance and allow same side fighting like hutt-ball. There are just too many imperials vs rebels. Probably needs to be cross server also if you are going to have a 40vs40 WZ. Some servers will never see a pop when you consider the size of the server and that 90% of the population doesn't care for pvp.

livnthedream
02.23.2012 , 01:04 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Noxsabe View Post
let me guess you never played Battlefront II eh, otherwise you would not say that !
i did, i felt it was pretty meh. besides the ships we ride in are not fighters, you cant be expected to move like they do.

Noxsabe
02.23.2012 , 08:11 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by AHChrist View Post
One problem with that...you will have 300 tie-fighters vs 10 x-wings. Until they solve the balance issue, all open world pvp no matter how cool will fail. Warhammer was a big 150 million dollar project that proved that. As soon as one side dominated, all world pvp stopped. All pvp in this game will need to need instance and allow same side fighting like hutt-ball. There are just too many imperials vs rebels. Probably needs to be cross server also if you are going to have a 40vs40 WZ. Some servers will never see a pop when you consider the size of the server and that 90% of the population doesn't care for pvp.
AND

Quote: Originally Posted by livnthedream View Post
i did, i felt it was pretty meh. besides the ships we ride in are not fighters, you cant be expected to move like they do.
i was not talking about an open world pvp match but an warzone map/match and you won't need your own ship either! its like using a speeder but you control it, Oh and i did not really mean speeder but one of the suggested fighter type ships.
i can see that you want it to be open world pvp but really that would be a bad idea! but i meant it like an Warzone. fixed number of people so there is no balance issues.

livnthedream
02.23.2012 , 08:47 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Noxsabe View Post
AND

i was not talking about an open world pvp match but an warzone map/match and you won't need your own ship either! its like using a speeder but you control it, Oh and i did not really mean speeder but one of the suggested fighter type ships.
i can see that you want it to be open world pvp but really that would be a bad idea! but i meant it like an Warzone. fixed number of people so there is no balance issues.
so you want the battlefront 2 engine grafted onto the current engine? no thanks. if i want to play battlefront 2, ill go play battlefront 2. stealing another entire game and melding it onto this one i not the answer. for instance i would love for lucasarts to get together with a developer and make a new flight sim based on the star wars ip, however i dont want it in this one. the engine isnt designed for it. id rather have a great additional game than a mediocre to terrible addition to this one.

Noxsabe
02.23.2012 , 09:47 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by livnthedream View Post
so you want the battlefront 2 engine grafted onto the current engine? no thanks. if i want to play battlefront 2, ill go play battlefront 2. stealing another entire game and melding it onto this one i not the answer. for instance i would love for lucasarts to get together with a developer and make a new flight sim based on the star wars ip, however i dont want it in this one. the engine isnt designed for it. id rather have a great additional game than a mediocre to terrible addition to this one.
dude it must be lonely being you? i don't want that engine into this one! Battlefront II is as old as my grandfather, it would be cool to copy the games mechanics into this one and make a similar yet different version into this game. djeeez do you really have to draw it all here to make people understand your vision on this forum, so that people don't trash talk.
it seems every suggestion people make here its like, "clone from that game" or "if you want to play that game go play it" and i can keep on going... witch i won't.
really talking about a game mode is not wanting that game inside this game!
Golden rule, if you don't complete understand a thread, ask more info don't go like "so you want the battlefront 2 engine grafted onto the current engine? no thanks."
Battlefront II is more then just space combat, but if you actually played the game back in the day you know that! the space portion mode of that game would be a GREAT addition to this game.

i don't have to explain game modes do i.

HKtheindomitable
02.23.2012 , 10:46 AM | #9
Agreement: To the original poster, I completely agree. That would be awesome because that was the best space combat. I would like to see some PvP space combat.

Informative: There is an improved version of the BF2 space combat. It's a mod for the game called Battlefront Extreme 2.0. It modifies the whole game, but does what you mentioned and more.
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website
Casual PVP with Hardcore Determination
Pot5/Ebon Hawk | Justicar | International Guild

Elyons
02.23.2012 , 10:51 AM | #10
Completely agree. The space combat in that game was very intensive. I think with Biowares current build of space combat, simply turning it from a linear path, to more of an open sandbox in warzones wouldn't be much of a problem.

Ive posted this in another thread - but allowing your Guild capitol ship to be the main cruiser you launch from (in premades) would be extremely fun.
Kaserai:Jedi Sentinel Mahddi:Smuggler Scoundrel
Begeran Colony