Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Cooldown Display Comparison - What's your preference.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
New Cooldown Display Comparison - What's your preference.

vandana_
02.22.2012 , 04:42 PM | #11
First of all want to use this space to thank the devs for making the change. You finally got it right and finally everyone will be happy!

I play a Juggernaut and I personally go for all cooldowns greyed out, no flashes, no outlines.
V'ox

Abataamala
02.22.2012 , 04:43 PM | #12
No ready flash or global ready flash. Option 3 (dark/dark) for both. Text on, largest font, 5 seconds for tenths countdown.

Really like this change, particularly for classes that are heavily dependent on CD/GCD (Jedi Knights/Sith Warriors in particular.)

I never played WoW, so never developed any real dependency on mods. I'm not against them per se, but do know some of them can be abused (dps meters...yeah, thanks but no.) Sure I'd like to see a combat log, data parser, or personal damage/heal meter, but the idea some twit can boot you from a group because you're not up to a preconceived damage threshold is not my idea of fun.

I pride myself at being a pretty decent player, and gravitate toward healing roles. I don't relish the notion of a mod essentially "playing for me" by triggering heals, etc. I'm also not a min/maxer; I play to have fun. So what if my healing is 5% off optimal...everyone lives, and with a good chunk of their health left. That's all that really matters.

Bobbergs
02.22.2012 , 04:45 PM | #13
Very nice movie!

I prefer dark cooldown with overlay, the third one. Also use text, size 16 but actually no tenths of a second, it makes me confused lol. Might add 1 or 2 seconds with tenths.
"And so the lord said unto John: 'Come forth and recieve eternal life'. But John came fifth, and won a toaster."

Shadyne
02.22.2012 , 04:51 PM | #14
Im all in on ready flashes off.
Cooldown text on.
Cooldown light with no overlay
Global dark with no overlay.

so nice to choose.

eudaemonea
02.22.2012 , 05:03 PM | #15
Those are options are nice but there really needs to be one to just shut OFF all visual indicators completely. I still do not like when I use any ability, that 10 other ones have something visually going on also. The blinking/flashing wasn't an issue for me. Having a visual tied to every other spell that's locked out after using one ability is what's bugging my eyes.

FlatFeet
02.22.2012 , 05:04 PM | #16
The changes in general are just awesome.

I went with 1 / 4, with global flashes off, largest text, and 2 seconds for the red countdown in tenths of a second.

I can actually tell now very easily what is on cooldown and what is coming up very soon. For a Guardian, everything has some cooldown on it, so this is life changing for me!
Guild Leader <Chosen> | http://www.chosenstarwars.com

myswtorone
02.22.2012 , 05:16 PM | #17
I went 3 / 4 with all flashes off

Thanks for the video btw, some of the differences were hard to notice on my computer but easier to see in the video

Catsmeat
02.22.2012 , 05:25 PM | #18
I have both flash options off, numbers on, and 3 and 3.

It works great! I was able to turn my gamma back to normal and play without my sunglasses on!

Thanks Bioware for the great improvement!

Tarmi
02.22.2012 , 05:37 PM | #19
Nice to have choice with the cooldowns.

Question I have is why the hell does the cooldown text go grey when the tenths kick in? It just makes no sense for the text to become hard to see when it is close to the end...isn't this when it should be most obvious?

PS: I'm color blind so if it's not grey and instead brown or red it's another swtor fail for us color blind folk.

Sarfux
02.22.2012 , 05:42 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by LucisAbyssus View Post
why does your youtube link look suspicious, that's what im asking

because you are paranoid.
Always be who you are, not what the galaxy wants you to be

Mentor System