Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Cooldown Display Comparison - What's your preference.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
New Cooldown Display Comparison - What's your preference.

Xaida
02.22.2012 , 04:13 PM | #1
Here's a comparison of the new cooldown display options on youtube, especially for those of you who can't log in yet... damn you work/school!

http://youtu.be/BIOhIrZLN-k

I think I like option 3 and 1 without GCD flash. What are you guys picking?

Cmdluke
02.22.2012 , 04:19 PM | #2
thanks for making this video. the new changes are great. can't wait to try them out when i get home.
"The Force is a Balance between the Light and the Dark" - Qun'aris Sunnrider
Jedi Consular Balance Sage

Sivn
02.22.2012 , 04:23 PM | #3
Show ready flash ON.
Show GCD ready flash OFF.
Show cooldown text ON.

Cooldown style 4 (Dark with no overlay).
GCD style 4 (Dark with no overlay).

Abilities on cooldown are darkened but with no overlay so i can see if i have the resources to use the ability when it comes off cooldown.

Also GCD ready flash off so the bar isnt flashing and blinding me every 1.5secs, but ready flash on so i notice at a glance when an ability finishes cooldown.

Practically how i had my WoW actionbars.

Zhit
02.22.2012 , 04:23 PM | #4
What is my preference? An open interface so I don't have be stuck with just one or two options but can create my own. But that is asking too much...

Folks that say mods would ruin the game are probably right. The development team is pretty weak. Heck, /roll wasn't built into the Hero engine and is beyond the skill set of the development team to code. If there was an open interface the people writing the mods would run circles around the TOR developers.
Why no dual spec? Are dailies only for the DPS classes?
Why do folks not want addons because "they play the game for you", yet don't say a thing about companions.

LucisAbyssus
02.22.2012 , 04:24 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Xaida View Post
Here's a comparison of the new cooldown display options on youtube, especially for those of you who can't log in yet... damn you work/school!

http://youtu.be/BIOhIrZLN-k

I think I like option 3 and 1 without GCD flash. What are you guys picking?
why does your youtube link look suspicious, that's what im asking

CogitoErgo
02.22.2012 , 04:27 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Zhit View Post
What is my preference? An open interface so I don't have be stuck with just one or two options but can create my own. But that is asking too much...

Folks that say mods would ruin the game are probably right. The development team is pretty weak. Heck, /roll wasn't built into the Hero engine and is beyond the skill set of the development team to code. If there was an open interface the people writing the mods would run circles around the TOR developers.
They'll never please everyone with UI stuff. Some people are minimalist, some like stuff everywhere. Some want their action bars on the side or running vertically or neon colored or white. No reason they shouldn't open the game up to at least UI mods.

/thread

DarthDemens
02.22.2012 , 04:32 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Sivn View Post
Show ready flash ON.
Show GCD ready flash OFF.
Show cooldown text ON.

Cooldown style 4 (Dark with no overlay).
GCD style 4 (Dark with no overlay).

Abilities on cooldown are darkened but with no overlay so i can see if i have the resources to use the ability when it comes off cooldown.

Also GCD ready flash off so the bar isnt flashing and blinding me every 1.5secs, but ready flash on so i notice at a glance when an ability finishes cooldown.

Practically how i had my WoW actionbars.
Your style is exactly my own, for pretty much the same reasons.
Oh, great . you live on in our hearts!
Comprehensive Guide to Space Missions

Xitium
02.22.2012 , 04:36 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by LucisAbyssus View Post
why does your youtube link look suspicious, that's what im asking
There is nothing wrong with it. Youtube has been using the .be domain for a year now, I want to say. It even some up that way when you click on share now.
Juggernaut - "Equality is a chain, like obedience. Like fear or uncertainty or self doubt. It binds the strong to the weak."

palamides
02.22.2012 , 04:38 PM | #9
Great video!

LucisAbyssus
02.22.2012 , 04:40 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Xitium View Post
There is nothing wrong with it. Youtube has been using the .be domain for a year now, I want to say. It even some up that way when you click on share now.

www.youtube.com

I don't understand.