Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What do I do after 50?

Mymomisyours
02.22.2012 , 03:08 PM | #1
I just hit 50, and where do I go now? Attempt to join a hardcore guild but probably get rejected because my gear sucks? Get geared? Can't, because it's impossible to find any groups. Do dailies? Seriously? That's all I do at 50? What the hell do I do now?

Boonah
02.22.2012 , 03:12 PM | #2
Option 1 - you can pvp for gear - the pvp gear will do for heroics - you will have a full set in 1 week if you do the dailies every day and the weekly.

Option 2 - You can do heroics with crap gear. theyre very easy. Will take a while can gear up that way.

Option 3 - Do dailies in belsavis and ilum - veyr slow and painful

Option 4 - Realise endgame is rubbish and roll an alt or quit.

personally i'd recommend 4.

Sleak
02.22.2012 , 05:15 PM | #3
Hardcore guild????

The guild I am in raids 1 night a week for about 3 hours and we have cleared everything on nightmare...

I don't think its even possible for a guild to be considered "Hard Core" right now.

As far as getting gear goes... do your Daily Commendation Dailies. You get a ton of credits to buy stuff off the GTM and you can either use the implant/earpiece or sell them for more credits.

MrCute
02.22.2012 , 05:35 PM | #4
I am a casual player who used to be hardcore raider in WoW. I quit WoW becoz I was tired of the daily grindings.

Now in SWTOR, I enjoyed the game so far becoz of the class quest story and becoz of the flashpoints that are in par with WoW dungeons. I leveled up mostly from class quest and flashpoints. At low level, getting a group is easy. But as I level up, getting a group gets harder and harder.

Now at fresh 50, it's freaking hard to get a group. Most level 50s in my realm chickens out even on normal Directive 7 and Kaon Under Siege. The only people I could play to beat these FP are those people I grouped from Colicoid and Red Reaper when I was at level 40s. My problem starts when these people starts doing somethin else like raiding for their guild. Their guild is full and they cant accomodate me. I prefer doing flashpoints repeatedly than doing those boring solo quests. I wish they implement inter server dungeon finder here.

I had a healer friend who's also veteran in WoW. He showed me the Heroic 2's in Ilum and Belsavis. It was a bit a challenge on me becoz he's askin me to tank on my dps specs ... lol. We were fine and we beat those heroic 2's with no wipe. Are there more Heroic 2's that I can do? I need more people... non -fail people to do Heroic -4s. Where are those level 50's? Oh busy doing PvP.... they are farming for PvP gear so that they could use it for hardmode PvE's? Why cant they face these heroic quests in Ilum and Belsavis right now? They dont need epics to beat these.

To me, nothing is wrong with the content even though there are some bugs. The problem is the shortage of people. Few players would yield fewer skilled players to group with.

I am gonna try this new guild that I just joined. Hope I could find decent players to group with. I am not hardcore. I just want these HM FP's and heroic dailies done.

Dont recommend me to do PvP. Those bad 50s with LOL gear who repeatedly feeds the enemies with killblows and those AFK'ers are always on my stupid team. I dont want to waste my time with them.

Jult
02.23.2012 , 12:41 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Boonah View Post
Option 1 - you can pvp for gear - the pvp gear will do for heroics - you will have a full set in 1 week if you do the dailies every day and the weekly.
Uhmm, you've must have been extremely lucky. My gear per bag ratio is less than 20%. but the worst ratio is the loss to played warzone ratio's. I lose interest after 2 or 3 hours of running warzone's and losing every one of them. Yea, i know, l2p. It must be cause I am that bad.

Loupe
02.23.2012 , 01:26 AM | #6
Im going with end game is rubbish, not quitting yet but its on my mind

KingOMonkeys
02.23.2012 , 10:37 AM | #7
To be honest I have the same feeling. What do I do now? I feel there is something missing from end game. I need to gear so I ask my guild and you either grind dailies or you do PVP. I looked into it myself and sure enough PVP is the way to go to get your gear to start doing PVE hard modes. This seems stupid to me and I donít really like PVP so I decided to grind out the dailies anyway. Which is taking forever but at least I can get into hard mode groups now.

But then I find out I can only run a hard mode once a day. Major bummer, I almost quit when I found that out. I can understand you only get the daily mission once a day and maybe the extra runs donít count for the weekly mission, but I canít run Black Talon more than once a day??? Iím sorry but I can only play a few days a week and Iím not geared enough for all the hard modes yet so Iím forced to login each day to run BT until I finally win the rolls for the gear I need. So they turned hard modes into dailiesÖ

Basically my point is I want to do PVE content but can't get into groups because my gear isn't good enough, what do I need to do to get better gear? 1. Grind dailies (I hate dailies but itís much worse when itís the same dailies with no variation from day to day) 2. Do PVP (I donít like PVP and donít feel I should need to do PVP to gear up for PVE) 3. Login each day to do hard modes instead of logging in when I have time on a weekend and running the same hard mode a few times (really hard modes should just be considered dailies at this point).

Just annoying, the only thing keeping me playing right now is my alts.

Woke
02.23.2012 , 10:42 AM | #8
Congratulations you hit 50.Now start a new alt and do it again.Yes thats all the game has to offer you.

Vyvian
02.23.2012 , 10:44 AM | #9
I highly recommend you look around for a guild. Don't just sit around doing nothing, check the server forums for posting, watch general chat for recruitment messages...

I know some servers are really light on population, but that shouldn't mean you can't find a guild at all. Some just aren't as vocal about accepting members. If you see a helpful person chatting in general, send them a message and see what guild they are in.

For me, even with a guild with scheduled raid nights, I'm bored to tears. Can only do Dailies so many times before you want to throw the computer through a window.

I even have alts that I'm leveling. Only problem there is that I've already done all of the quests! Sure, the class questline is a little different, but that's not enough, IMO.

I wish you luck!

Benuvil
02.23.2012 , 10:45 AM | #10
I hit 50 in the first month. We cleared all the raid-content (despite intolerable bugs) it's a laughable amount of content for how long this game has been in production. BW is fooling themselves if they think leveling is the main draw for the MMO crowd.

My suggestion?

Go play League of Legends or StarCraft 2, that's what swtor endgame really is.
Vader Sessions
In 1924, I posed for another sculpture. It was a nude rock. It depicted me singing 'Deep River'