Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Piling on: Server Queues

Disgustapated
12.15.2011 , 10:24 PM | #1
BW.. Im concerned about full servers already. Isn't this what we spent all those beta weekends testing server loads for? Why did you put those of us in guilds on servers until they are completely full?

I am not going to QQ about this yet, but I will say its quite concerning. I am already lvl 18 and I am not starting over on another server. I am hopefull we get a blue answer here on what is going on considering its not even the 20th yet.

Jaysun
12.15.2011 , 10:31 PM | #2
this is concerning.. the game will be unplayable once release if this is what its like now

you put my Guild on a server and we're supposed to play on it, but not being able to get in defeats the purpose

585 now 525.. i'm just going to bed not worth waiting for it
Jaysun - Guardian
MEK

Xukon - Powertech

jyork
12.15.2011 , 10:33 PM | #3
GRRRR trade me places .. i'm tired of the download errors ffs
Joesho/Olevott/Olander/Sura

Withrockb
12.15.2011 , 10:36 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaysun View Post
this is concerning.. the game will be unplayable once release if this is what its like now

you put my Guild on a server and we're supposed to play on it, but not being able to get in defeats the purpose

585 now 525.. i'm just going to bed not worth waiting for it
Guess you missed that part where, just because your guild got assigned a server doesn't mean that your guild had to go to that server. Guilds and people are going to go where there wish.. Stop crying already.
This Game Sucks. See Ya in GW2

Been There. Done That. Got The T-Shirt and the First Place Blue Ribbon.

daineanu
12.15.2011 , 10:40 PM | #5
That may be BUT it is not the 15th and Im in a 35min QUE!!! This deserves a bit of nerd rage... I have my toon to lvl 18 already, so im not about to abandon the server, and from the looks of it all the other servers are full too. THE GAME ISN'T EVEN OUT YET!!!!! Politely requesting free character server moves once bioware increases them by at least 50%
<<<<--- Its not a purse its a Satchel. Indiana Jones has one.

Aeliah
12.15.2011 , 10:42 PM | #6
I fail to understand why there is a Que in the first place. Is there not a cut off limit on server space. I completely fail to understand why I'm waiting in Que of 500+. The servers are being overpopulated beyond server opacity, what was the stress test for? I would like to hear from a mod on this.

A game can only be great if you can log in
Great rewards for accepting my friend request.
Unlock: Inventory Module, Unlock: Crew Skill Slot, Customization Control: Display Titles, Customization Control: Unify Colors.
Click here-----> http://www.swtor.com/r/nmfTJX <----Click here

jyork
12.15.2011 , 10:46 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by daineanu View Post
That may be BUT it is not the 15th and Im in a 35min QUE!!! This deserves a bit of nerd rage... I have my toon to lvl 18 already, so im not about to abandon the server, and from the looks of it all the other servers are full too. THE GAME ISN'T EVEN OUT YET!!!!! Politely requesting free character server moves once bioware increases them by at least 50%
no offense but the first beta i was in i was level 13 in like one day .... uhh it wouldn't take that long to get to 18 again lol

jyork
12.15.2011 , 10:47 PM | #8
have none of you been through a game launch before .... servers are always full at the beginning .... they will continue to tweek the numbers on their capacity eventually the que times won't be that long even on the most populated servers if there is a que at all

Disgustapated
12.16.2011 , 12:16 AM | #9
Dosnt matter that it takes a day to get to 10.. perhaps for you. Whats the point of early access if I just have to go start another toon over again.

Yes I have been part of launches before... but its not even officially launched yet. Hell.. I am assuming more and more will be joining every day as we even get to the official launch. I want this to succeed as much as the next person but if people are coming in and seeing an hour queue this game is doomed. If they need to tweak it, then they should be doing that now.

Still... want to hear from a blue on this. What is the gameplan BW?

Dekallo
12.16.2011 , 12:19 AM | #10
People will play less a few weeks after release. If they made new servers until nobody ever had to queue then a few weeks after release and forever onward every server would be a ghost town. I'd rather deal with the queues for a few weeks than deal with low server population forever.