Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?

stuffystuffs
02.22.2012 , 03:28 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Cythereal View Post
What I wouldn't give to recruit Hunter with my Agent in the end. Watcher Two would be fun, but she is your boss.
Well...

Spoiler

KusterJr
02.22.2012 , 03:29 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Solrac View Post
So is there an ETA on gay relationships yet? I'm gay myself & want my Sorc. to mirror me just a little....
Just a friendly suggestions - read a few posts in a topic before commenting on it.
Kostunon - Gunslinger - Fort Garnik
"Oh! That was bracing. They don't like it when you shoot at them. I worked that out myself."
-Mal Reynolds

sparklecat
02.22.2012 , 03:35 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
I can't think of any Republic side NPCs I see for more than a mission or two that have really caught my attention in that way. A SIS-type might make an interesting companion for any class, and there's one on Coruscant for whom you retrieve Justicar shipping manifests who I wouldn't mind getting to know better.

Then again, I haven't progressed that far. I am levelling my alts by turn, and my main is still on Alderaan, so maybe there are more interesting NPCs to come.
Got a Knight who's been through Tatooine yet?

Uluain
02.22.2012 , 03:39 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by sparklecat View Post
Got a Knight who's been through Tatooine yet?
A Knight? No. My main is a Consular. My Sentinel right now is sitting on her ship because I'm not ready to face Taris again yet.

Good stuff there? At least on Tattoine I at least get to look at the Thunderdome guys.

sparklecat
02.22.2012 , 03:46 PM | #25
A Knight? No. My main is a Consular. My Sentinel right now is sitting on her ship because I'm not ready to face Taris again yet.

Good stuff there? At least on Tattoine I at least get to look at the Thunderdome guys.
Taris is so much better from the Empire side, in large part due to being able to speeder past most of the rakghouls. Also, awesome NPCs along the way, like the aforementioned Thana Vesh.

Tatooine has Lord Praven in the Knight's class quest, whom I briefly mentioned earlier. You have one conversation with him, and he became one of my favourite NPCs. Other than that, it has sand. And sand people. And sandcrawlers with datacrons sitting on top of them you have to ride balloons to reach. Also a sand demon!

Uluain
02.22.2012 , 04:03 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by sparklecat View Post
Tatooine has Lord Praven in the Knight's class quest, whom I briefly mentioned earlier. You have one conversation with him, and he became one of my favourite NPCs. Other than that, it has sand. And sand people. And sandcrawlers with datacrons sitting on top of them you have to ride balloons to reach. Also a sand demon!
And rough-looking Thunderdome guys. Yes - my smuggler is still on Tattooine. I actually kind of like it - possibly sheer fanboy adrenaline from playing on THE signature planet of the saga. I just have never taken a Knight past Coruscant, (Kira is going to hate my Sentinel, who is a total hardass and already making Kira wear actual Jedi robes and be serious about it all ) so I have not met the NPCs for that class story yet.

sparklecat
02.22.2012 , 04:38 PM | #27
And rough-looking Thunderdome guys. Yes - my smuggler is still on Tattooine. I actually kind of like it - possibly sheer fanboy adrenaline from playing on THE signature planet of the saga. I just have never taken a Knight past Coruscant, (Kira is going to hate my Sentinel, who is a total hardass and already making Kira wear actual Jedi robes and be serious about it all ) so I have not met the NPCs for that class story yet.
Tatooine is where my characters seem to end up stalling, which is weird since I sort of loved Hoth. They're both huge, have ridiculously spread out sidequests, and enemies that jump out of the ground and attack you every five steps. I suppose that Hoth is prettier and Tatooine has that annoying habit of sending you to report back somewhere in person before going right back out to where you were five minutes ago, except everything's respawned in the meantime.

I'm really enjoying the Knight class quest, in no small part because of Kira; there I was, with my nice character conception for a celibate, completely dedicated to the Order Jedi, and pretty much the only possible character mine could end up falling for turns up and throws all my plans into disarray.

This actually leads me into something I'd like to see implemented on all the romances, old and new; give us the opportunity to start them up later on, even after initially ignoring them, please please please. Characters aren't simply created, they're discovered, and someone for whom you skipped over those intial flirt options may turn out to be exactly who you want to romance. My Knight's a great example; he has no idea of how he's starting to feel about Kira and intentionally flirting would be so far out of character for him right now, but I have to if I want the romance to progress later on. Same even goes for orientation; I've got a couple characters I had no idea about until level 20-something, when they met an NPC who cleared it up really fast.

Nozybidaj
02.22.2012 , 04:43 PM | #28
Quote:
We do appreciate your concerns and value you your suggestions on this topic, and we want to assure you that these concerns are actively being looked into because it is something we will be incorporating into the game.

We encourage you to continue post in the Q&A thread, however, as the Community team may be able to provide you with further information from the developers on the subject. Although not all questions will be answered directly in the Q&A blog, hot issues such as these are still at the attention of developers.

We sincerely thank you for your support and passion for this game and BioWare. There is a lot to look forward to in the next update, and same gender romance is a future aspect of the game that our developers are currently working on.
All that tells me is 1) The question isn't getting answered in the Q&A ever and 2) They haven't even started working on this yet, that at most all our efforts have done is get them to start talking about it. And I suppose 3) It certainly isn't in the 1.2 update (which is kinda "duh" at this point).

All that statement amounts to is a gentler rewording of the statement we were given 6 months ago, though it does confirm nothing has been done to even start resolving the issue in those 6 months.

Guess that is as clear an indicator that I have no reason to hang around here anymore as we are going to get. Its ridiculous they expect us to wait around before we can ever start playing our characters. This content should have been in game day 1, now I bet you won't even see it till at least mid year, if not a year or so out when they bring out an xpac. Good luck folks.

jediknightcub
02.22.2012 , 04:50 PM | #29
I received a reply to an email I sent to feedbackswtor@swtor.com which apparently was sent on to Customer Service for a response.

<cut for length>
That's excellent news! I think this is mostly what we've been asking for.

My only question at this point is: "Free-with-subscription patch or paid expansion?"

As far as what we'd like to see in our companions, I'd like to see diverse body types through either more customization packs for companions or more character creator-like customization options. We are a diverse community and we have diverse tastes.
Well, I got a brand new pair of roller skates
You got a brand new

LyriaFrost
02.22.2012 , 05:02 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by jediknightcub View Post
That's excellent news! I think this is mostly what we've been asking for.

My only question at this point is: "Free-with-subscription patch or paid expansion?"

As far as what we'd like to see in our companions, I'd like to see diverse body types through either more customization packs for companions or more character creator-like customization options. We are a diverse community and we have diverse tastes.
I hope they don't push it off 'til an expansion. That would mean it's 6-12 months away, at the earliest. That would make me sad.

It would make Blizz sad, too. And c'mon, Bioware, you don't wanna make Blizz cry, do you?

Weave maid such progress, but knot without accost. In deed, won wonders weather two take a fence. Each thyme oui real lion a computer, wheel ooze a bit of hours elves. Two much technology may knot bee sew suite, and we joust can't real eye two much on spell Czech. Sea the problem hear?