Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?

Crezelle
02.22.2012 , 02:42 PM | #11
I have a BH on hold who is waiting for a time when he can come out of the closet, and rock the galaxy as a real manhunter.
Crezelle De'Chimera, of the Shadowlands
" Secret Agent Blue Booty, at your service. You Lead the way; I bring the kolto. "

Suaine
02.22.2012 , 02:56 PM | #13
Uluain, between that email and a private message I've received on BSN, I am incredibly heartened. I agree that we should keep asking for something a little more substantive than that so as to be able to make more informed choices in our play and give more substantial feedback also, but this is good.

I think I might actually resub after all, at least for another month, as soon as I can figure out my finances
We have to create the future, or others will do it for us. We have to care for one another, because if we don't, who will?
~ Susan Ivanova, Anla-shok Na, space bisexual

sparklecat
02.22.2012 , 02:57 PM | #14
That's excellent news, Uluain, and I'm very happy to hear it.

That said, it's news that should have been given to all of us earlier on, not to one person in an email while other people were being told there would be no further comment on this issue, full stop. I sincerely hope that this is a sign of things to come; open, substantive communication from Bioware on this topic.

Back on the topic of which characters we'd like added (just for flirting, even), I thought of two more: Sith pureblood chick who's there to kick off the Nar Shaddaa bonus series for the Imperial side (I'd bet almost anything she was a flirt option for males, in fact), and... Lord Whatshisface, the guy on Taris who refuses to speak to you for most of his quest chain and then bemoans the fact that he's apparently the only competent Sith in the galaxy. My warrior felt they had a lot in common!

Raiellyn
02.22.2012 , 03:00 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Suaine View Post
I think I might actually resub after all, at least for another month, as soon as I can figure out my finances
This, so much. I'm not completely satisfied with the current answer that you just got, Ulu, but it is enough of a show of good faith that I'm willing to keep waiting a bit longer for more details to emerge. I'll likely keep my subscription going for another two months or so after it runs out in March, and if they say anything more in that time-span, I'm sure I'll stay hooked.

See? Was that so hard Bioware? I want to hug that representative.
"It's a bad day for heroes."

DarthEpitaph
02.22.2012 , 03:11 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by sparklecat View Post
Sith pureblood chick who's there to kick off the Nar Shaddaa bonus series for the Imperial side (I'd bet almost anything she was a flirt option for males, in fact), and...
You win the bet! She is both a flirt option and fade-to-black option at the end of the bonus series...

I, of course, would love to see Thana Vesh as a companion and romance option. Not just for an inquisitor either, but really any Empire faction character.

Uluain
02.22.2012 , 03:17 PM | #17
That's excellent news, Uluain, and I'm very happy to hear it.

That said, it's news that should have been given to all of us earlier on, not to one person in an email while other people were being told there would be no further comment on this issue, full stop. I sincerely hope that this is a sign of things to come; open, substantive communication from Bioware on this topic.
I hope so, too. And is is a sign of things to come. It is just hard to anticipate how soon. Here's another bit, from the lead paragraph of the email amongst the "thanks for contacting us" stuff:

Quote:
The information on this topic is very limited at the moment as it is a future, but not current, content feature. When we are closer to the release of this content further information will be available.
Again, emphasis mine.

Yes, they might have said something similar to us all sooner. They may say something similar to us on Friday. I don't know.

But, seeing as this is coming now, after our showing in this week's Q&A thread, I think that there is an effort to say as much as they can where they can. If indeed they are following these topics, then they certainly know that we keep each other informed.

I am pretty sure that I got that reply so that I could bring it here, and try to let off some of the pressure. And you know, given those assurances, I do feel our point has gotten across and I for one don't feel as frustrated or as grimly determined to push as hard as I can (and I have not yet had to push as hard as I can - I was just getting warmed up ).

And on to possible future companions...

I can't think of any Republic side NPCs I see for more than a mission or two that have really caught my attention in that way. A SIS-type might make an interesting companion for any class, and there's one on Coruscant for whom you retrieve Justicar shipping manifests who I wouldn't mind getting to know better.

Then again, I haven't progressed that far. I am levelling my alts by turn, and my main is still on Alderaan, so maybe there are more interesting NPCs to come.

LyriaFrost
02.22.2012 , 03:18 PM | #18
We'll see if they answer our question(s) in the Q&A thread this friday. While my sub doesn't depend on their answer, I AM really curious and eager to find out what they intend to do with the SGRA stuff.

C'mon, Bioware, I wanna romance Vette and Mako and Dorne!
Weave maid such progress, but knot without accost. In deed, won wonders weather two take a fence. Each thyme oui real lion a computer, wheel ooze a bit of hours elves. Two much technology may knot bee sew suite, and we joust can't real eye two much on spell Czech. Sea the problem hear?

Darth_Solrac
02.22.2012 , 03:18 PM | #19
So is there an ETA on gay relationships yet? I'm gay myself & want my Sorc. to mirror me just a little....
Nobody expects the Sith Inquisition!
Guild: Imperial Army.
Darth (Markos) Solrac: LV 50, Dark Sith Sorcerer.
Draykos Solrac: LV 29, Dark grey Jedi Guardian.

mrcaptainpants
02.22.2012 , 03:25 PM | #20
Here is an excerpt from a response I received yesterday from customer support:

Quote:

We can assure you that our Community Team does care about all members of the Community for our game and if the GLBT members of the Community felt ignored, it was certainly not intended. As mentioned in the statements, our developers have every intention of implementing same gender romance in the game. As far as this is concerned, our Customer Support team cannot provide any further information on the topic.

You are welcome to post in the Q&A thread, however, as the Community team may be able to provide you with further information from the developers on the subject.

Thank you so much for your passion and interest in the game. There is a lot to look forward to in the next update, and same gender romance is a future aspect of the game that our developers are currently working on. We hope that you continue to post in the forums and provide us with your valuable feedback on this topic. Our developers are listening to you!
The customer service representative was wonderful. She has singlehandedly managed to convince me to retain my subscription for a while longer despite a truly lackluster Community Team response.

However, as sparklecat stated:

That said, it's news that should have been given to all of us earlier on, not to one person in an email while other people were being told there would be no further comment on this issue, full stop.
In keeping with that theme, here is an excerpt of my response to her:

Quote:

You wrote:

"if the GLBT members of the Community felt ignored, it was certainly not intended."

I respectfully disagree. If Bioware is indeed reading our posts, is aware of our requests for information, is aware of the level of hostility brewing in the various threads asking for information, and is yet still instructing customer service representatives to refer us to a post made by Stephen Reid that no longer even exists in its original form and tell us that this statement is the only statement that will be made...then their decision not to engage the GLBT community is pretty darn intentional.

[Removed CR,s name], I know that you, personally, cannot tell me anything to alleviate my concerns. I hope you do not in any way feel that this means I think that your involvement in this matter is inconsequential. Nothing could be further from the truth. Your efforts have managed to convince me to retain my subscription for at least a while longer, while I wait to see if the Community Team (or their superiors) can be persuaded to reach out to its GLBT players, or whether it intends to continue to rely on its customer service representatives to do so in secret.

Best wishes,

So while I'm pleased that SGRA's *seem* to be on track ( if customer support information is reliable), I'm still left feeling a bit put-off that Bioware has required us to jump through all these hoops to get what small amount of information we have obtained, and is taking a hands-off approach and just expecting the individuals who have received responses from emails to take on the responsibility of communicating this information for them.

I feel like they kinda sorta wanna support us, as long as they don't have to say it out loud and in public. Um, thanks. Kinda feeling like someone's "dirtly little secret" about right now.

However, in the larger scope of SGRA content, it is somewhat encouraging.