Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?

Jenovan
02.24.2012 , 12:09 PM | #101
Pff, Mako. She's like a little sister! My huntress is still pining after Juda. ;P

Speaking of (currently) unattainable romances... have any of you good people played a male Sith Warrior? I'm curious how hard (or not) it would be to "read between the lines" and construct a romance with Quinn, if we never get that option in-game.

(I can hold out hope! ...but I'm getting antsy. )
Ebon Hawk * The Thirteenth Legion * RP/Social/Casual
Kjara | Avidior | Mizret | Ysmena
Forging Fortune * Aviditas

LyriaFrost
02.24.2012 , 12:28 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenovan View Post
Pff, Mako. She's like a little sister! My huntress is still pining after Juda. ;P
I was annoyed when I found out Juda wouldn't overtly flirt with my BH the first time I ran into her. She was making some fairly flirty comments to me, about "girls have to stick together", "nice to see more independent women", "hey, GREAT to see you again, hon", etc.

And at one point Mako suggests we all go on vacation together. Me, Mako and Juda. Now that would be fun...
Weave maid such progress, but knot without accost. In deed, won wonders weather two take a fence. Each thyme oui real lion a computer, wheel ooze a bit of hours elves. Two much technology may knot bee sew suite, and we joust can't real eye two much on spell Czech. Sea the problem hear?

Kioma
02.24.2012 , 12:39 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by LyriaFrost View Post
I just assume my BH is having random flings here and there off-camera, while waiting for Mako to get over this silly "I'm straight, whee!" kick she's on and accept that her true feelings lie in the direction of a certain sexy chiss woman in heavy armor...
Mmm. I DO miss my BH... Maybe I should start playing her again...
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

mrcaptainpants
02.24.2012 , 12:52 PM | #104
Okay, now I'm a tiny bit crabby again.

I just saw this thread on Legacy Surnames posted yesterday in General Discussion, and within ONE DAY, it receives the following answer:

Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
We're definitely working on this (it's a much requested feature) but we have not made any statements regarding when this will be available.
Really, Georg? REALLY? And by that, what I mean to say is: REALLY???

I'm assuming that most people know who he is, but in case someone doesn't, Georg is the Principal Lead Combat Designer for SWTOR. As sources of information go, it doesn't get much more official than this.

Georg... Stephen... Bioware folks...this is PRECISELY the kind of friendly, acknowledging, yet non-specific post we've been looking for in this thread, a thread that has gone on and on and on through several incarnations without a scrap of attention from any of you. Yet Georg is able to just hop right in there on a moment's notice on the issue of legacy names?

To be clear, I do not begrudge the fact that the OP got an answer. I'm not being critical of Georg for responding in that thread. It was wonderful that he took the time to chime in. I'm happy that their issue was acknowledged and addressed. I think its an issue that deserved the rapid yet casual response it received.

So does ours.

I really hope we get an answer today on the Q&A thread. Just sayin'.

Jenovan
02.24.2012 , 12:55 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by LyriaFrost View Post
I was annoyed when I found out Juda wouldn't overtly flirt with my BH the first time I ran into her. She was making some fairly flirty comments to me, about "girls have to stick together", "nice to see more independent women", "hey, GREAT to see you again, hon", etc.

And at one point Mako suggests we all go on vacation together. Me, Mako and Juda. Now that would be fun...
Yes! I think one of the first things I got to say to Juda was to compliment her outfit (which is so girly coming from a BH that I laughed), and she replied in kind. There's just so much room there for flirting... T_T

The vacation comment was awesome XD Maybe after Act I wraps up... (in my head-canon, anyway )
Ebon Hawk * The Thirteenth Legion * RP/Social/Casual
Kjara | Avidior | Mizret | Ysmena
Forging Fortune * Aviditas

LyriaFrost
02.24.2012 , 01:08 PM | #106
Yes! I think one of the first things I got to say to Juda was to compliment her outfit (which is so girly coming from a BH that I laughed), and she replied in kind. There's just so much room there for flirting... T_T

The vacation comment was awesome XD Maybe after Act I wraps up... (in my head-canon, anyway )
If I could draw human figures better I'd be sorely tempted to do a picture of the three of them at some resort in bathing suits sipping fruity drinks. My BH would have her blaster within arm's reach, of course...
Weave maid such progress, but knot without accost. In deed, won wonders weather two take a fence. Each thyme oui real lion a computer, wheel ooze a bit of hours elves. Two much technology may knot bee sew suite, and we joust can't real eye two much on spell Czech. Sea the problem hear?

Ravenstormer
02.24.2012 , 02:21 PM | #107

Speaking of (currently) unattainable romances... have any of you good people played a male Sith Warrior? I'm curious how hard (or not) it would be to "read between the lines" and construct a romance with Quinn, if we never get that option in-game.

(I can hold out hope! ...but I'm getting antsy. )
Yes, I am playing a male SW at the moment, though I'm kind of leery about continuing a bit. As I've said numerous times, I would really like my pureblood and Quinn to hit it off. It just seems right.
"Dammit, get down from there b'fore y'cause yerself a mischief!"
Rione Ravenstormer
- Formerly of Eclipse (now on Ebon Hawk) - Maan Ade Mandalore

Uluain
02.24.2012 , 03:26 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by mrcaptainpants View Post
Okay, now I'm a tiny bit crabby again.

I just saw this thread on Legacy Surnames posted yesterday in General Discussion, and within ONE DAY, it receives the following answer:
Well, that is a topic that has been raised an a bajillion threads - it's a subject that's allowed to have a bajillion threads.

And frankly, a bald answer of "we are working on it but cannot say whe it will happen" is as much information as we already have, and for me at least would not be a satifying answer.

Luhrsen
02.24.2012 , 03:41 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by DraculaCronqvist View Post
Sadly no, I couldn't. Before I knew my very much gay Sith Inquisitor was having some unwilling sexy time with that Rylee Dray (I hate this character so much now). All I wanted was to be friendly (was aiming for a neutral/light side sith) but that was a bit too friendly alright!
That actually works both ways. Even if you want the unmarked OG scenes you have to carefully search for them sometimes and if it stays that way we will have trouble finding those unmarked options for our SG characters as well.

mrcaptainpants
02.24.2012 , 04:01 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
And frankly, a bald answer of "we are working on it but cannot say whe it will happen" is as much information as we already have, and for me at least would not be a satifying answer.
I can certainly understand your feeling on that considering the amount of work we've had to do to get the information we already have. But I think perhaps if that kind of an answer had come much earlier it would have been a different story altogether.

For me, though an answer like that wouldn't be the most ideal answer, it would still be an improvement over the communication given to us since this thread appeared.

As far as I'm concerned, the information we have received through our various emails from customer support, though encouraging, remain unconfirmed and unofficial until I hear it from a Dev or Community Team member.