Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Big Bang Theory

TKMaster
02.23.2012 , 07:44 AM | #21
Misinterpretation of the line there has been. Listen well, you did not.

Vordy
02.23.2012 , 07:52 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
it's not knowing star wars. As much as it might seem the writers are nerds, they are not. The Big Bang Theory is just Nerd Face.

if you want to see an actual show written by and for nerds then watch Community.
So you are a nerd and you are offended that they cant act like a nerd? lol... the serie is awesome, I love it.

psandak
02.23.2012 , 08:57 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Malevolent View Post
You all say the show is fake.... they may make the scripts, but hard to assume these actors were part of the "cool" crowd growing up.... atleast they didn't pass off some JCPenny catalog male models as nerds
At least one of the actors is a "real nerd" - Mayim Bialik, who plays Amy Farrah Fowler, has her PhD in Neuroscience; She is her own Technical Adviser

Ellvaan
02.23.2012 , 08:59 AM | #24
Hey everyone!

We know that this thread is in regards to a show that made reference to the Star Wars Universe. We do ask that replies to this thread relate to Star Wars as much as possible or we will unfortunately have to close it.

Thank you!

Slaunyeh
02.23.2012 , 09:58 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by viewtifuldee View Post
He got it right. "Their" was referring to the Empire. He was saying that despite the fact that the Empire tended to build death stars, he preferred them to the Republic.
I think it's the word "despite" that is confusing us. You should prefer the Empire because of their Death Stars!
"Do not let your anger blind you. Rather, let it consume you, and in the purity of your hatred you will find the death of your enemies."

Zebular
02.24.2012 , 01:18 PM | #26
I just watched this episode, I also had closed captioning on. I remember this line and I do not remember thinking that he was referring to the Rebels as the ones tending to build Death Stars.

Anywho, from a transcript of the line, you can tell from sentance structure and punctuation, that the word, "their," contained in the second sentence refers a the proper noun within that same sentence. In this case, the noun would be "Empire" as denoted by the adjective use of the word to describe Sheldon as a man, "Empire man."
Quote:
"Sheldon: Oh I've never identified with the Rebel Alliance. Despite their tendency to build Death Stars, I've always been more of an Empire man."
~Zebular, Miraluka Jedi Shadow of the Zebulon Order (The Ebon Hawk)
■■■■۝▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)

Rayla_Felana
02.24.2012 , 01:48 PM | #27
I simply love the fact that Howard Wolowitz has a Darth Talon statue on the side of his bed.

And when Penny quotes Yoda after sleeping with Leonard lol.

Kytea
03.09.2012 , 11:48 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Idunhavaname View Post
fake show
This may come as a shock to you, but most tv shows are fake.

TKMaster
03.10.2012 , 02:10 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
I simply love the fact that Howard Wolowitz has a Darth Talon statue on the side of his bed.

And when Penny quotes Yoda after sleeping with Leonard lol.
Look close...thats a Sideshow PF Leia on the opposite side of the bed from Talon.

....stupid TV shows and thier money....to have a Talon PF as a mere background prop.....stupid TV shows.....

dooseyboy
03.10.2012 , 06:13 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Idunhavaname View Post
I stoped watching that stupid fake show when they claimed Vader built the Death Star.
hahaa, thats a pretty good reason i guess...
the only reason i dont watch it is because How i met your mother is on at the same time XD
Master Dar'Nala

CpnSparkle
Maralukan Jedi Consular