Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Biochem 400 - RE Implants

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Biochem 400 - RE Implants

Ironcleaver
02.23.2012 , 03:40 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Zaragosa View Post
So in a nutshell; craft level 49 green implants, RE them to get a blue recipe, then continue making these and REing those blues untill you get the purple recipe?

At this point, make the purples and RE those until you get a crit... implant with an augment slot and sell those on GTN, or keep for your own usage?

All above is a question not a statement...

ty in advance
All of that but once I get the purple schematic I'll go ahead and craft 15 to 25 of them in hopes I get 2 or 4 of them mastercrafted - the rest is sold on the market. If they sell at an okay rate, I'll make more and sell them for the same price. Those I crit I keep for myself or guildmates, if they do not want anymore then those too, go on the market.
╒═══╡My 3d Weapon Thread╞═══╛
"My eyes scream for the souls that bleed in my mind." ~ Ironcleaver

ZudetGambeous
02.23.2012 , 07:42 AM | #12
you guys have some really poor economies...

the purple implants with an augment slot (mastercraft) are currently the best implants you can get. They are better then the columi dropped schematics and they are better then the daily rakata implants.

The non-critted ones usually sell for 70-80k on my server and the crit ones go for 250-300k.

(The above data is for the Willpower implant, that's the only one I use and sell so I can't speak for the others, but i'm assuming they are similar.)
I tell you this: though neither he nor they yet know it, he is the greatest of all the Jedi. Jacen Solo is the living Jedi dream. Even without the Force, he is more dangerous than you can possibly imagine."

pleaseuseme
02.23.2012 , 08:33 AM | #13
You're economy is poor as welll. On my sever, The Swiftusre, regular columi go for 200-350k depending on which one it is and 750-1.5 million for crits. They are bis for everyone and sell quickly.

EthicsGradient
02.23.2012 , 12:29 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by pleaseuseme View Post
You're economy is poor as welll. On my sever, The Swiftusre, regular columi go for 200-350k depending on which one it is and 750-1.5 million for crits. They are bis for everyone and sell quickly.
Actually crits of the 49 purple implants/earpieces are BiS for quite a few ACs/specs. The Veracity implants for tanks for example. Most people don't realise that though, which is reflected in their sell price.

Still, you can make 1-200k easily from them without needing materials dropped in Ops.

Wookieenator
02.23.2012 , 12:54 PM | #15
hmm well i just RE my columi weaponmaster implants and those seem to sell the highest and also have better stats than anything else

Darth_Gao_Gao
02.23.2012 , 02:37 PM | #16
on my server, at least within the reflex implant line, 49 purples go for 50-70k, with their respective mastercrafts going for anywhere from 150-250k. blue 49's with augment slots go for 25k easy.

EthicsGradient
02.23.2012 , 02:39 PM | #17
Yeah the Columi ones sell well, but they aren't often the best. The 49 RE ones with the correct mix of secondary stats are best - e.g. for Commando dps power/crit/surge, for Vanguard tank double-defense and shield rating (Veracity) slotted with absorb augment.

cfcstl
05.21.2012 , 10:14 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by ZudetGambeous View Post
you guys have some really poor economies...

the purple implants with an augment slot (mastercraft) are currently the best implants you can get. They are better then the columi dropped schematics and they are better then the daily rakata implants.

The non-critted ones usually sell for 70-80k on my server and the crit ones go for 250-300k.

(The above data is for the Willpower implant, that's the only one I use and sell so I can't speak for the others, but i'm assuming they are similar.)
If I understand correctly I can craft a Vehemence Nano-Optic Resolve system (Augmented) with stats:
50 Endurance
62 Willpower
40 Power
25 Critical Rating
69 Alacrity
(open augment)

and compared to a Tionese with:
68 Endurance
83 Willpower
34 Critical Rating
40 Alacrity

Now can someone explain why the first implant is better with an augment added considering the tradeoffs?
It just seems like you are giving up one stat for another

Thundergulch
05.21.2012 , 10:32 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by cfcstl View Post
Now can someone explain why the first implant is better with an augment added considering the tradeoffs?
It all comes down to which stats you want.
For instance: In my opinion, the Expert Nano Optic Might Implant is the best one out there for Marauders, because it has Str,Crit, Surge AND Power, then of course add your augment.

Jebu_Boin
05.21.2012 , 07:07 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by cfcstl View Post
If I understand correctly I can craft a Vehemence Nano-Optic Resolve system (Augmented) with stats:
50 Endurance
62 Willpower
40 Power
25 Critical Rating
69 Alacrity
(open augment)

and compared to a Tionese with:
68 Endurance
83 Willpower
34 Critical Rating
40 Alacrity

No problems. If you are an healer you're stat priority is power > willpower > crit/surge > alacracity

So, for the VNORS (+Overkill aug) you get the following in comparison with the tionese...

+58 power (your priority stat)
-21 willpower (your tradeoff for getting power, but power gives better returns so no problem)
-9 critical (no biggy)
-6 endurance (no biggy)
+29 alacractiy (excessive but it does mean that you can sack off all the alacracity mods in your other gear and still be at your balance of 250)

When you add all that up, you get a total of +51 which is significant. Furthermore, the cast majority of that is towards power which is your primary to stack.

It is by far... the best to have and miles better that tionese (miles and miles).
(█████████████||||||||||()||||||||||█████████████)
..........Jebu - Leader of The Power Empire - TPE..........