Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Biochem 400 - RE Implants

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Biochem 400 - RE Implants

Zaragosa
02.22.2012 , 12:49 PM | #1
At level 400 Biochem; is it worthwhile to make the level 49 implants (best you can learn without a drop), reverse eng those... will you eventually receive one that is equal or near equal to that you can purchase with daily commendations?
Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

livnthedream
02.22.2012 , 12:51 PM | #2
yes, sorc/sage bis is crafted.

Belbullab
02.22.2012 , 01:00 PM | #3
the bis one is from a looted schem tho rite?

ZNICK
02.22.2012 , 01:52 PM | #4
I sell the poop out of them... people that do dailys want to spend their comms on chests, legs, etc.. They sell real well, at least on my server.

It's much easier to spend 40k than do dailies.

Z
You don't stop playing games when you get old... you get old when you stop playing games!

Ironcleaver
02.22.2012 , 01:58 PM | #5
Which Schems are concitered BiS? I only ask because I've only played a tank and know little what other classes are looking for, let alone what they conciter BiS. (here or pm is fine and appreciated)
╒═══╡My 3d Weapon Thread╞═══╛
"My eyes scream for the souls that bleed in my mind." ~ Ironcleaver

LordQbical
02.22.2012 , 02:25 PM | #6
I have been RE'ing some level 49's and haven't gotten much in return at all. Having them crit and getting an aug slot has been my best result thus far. Hopefully RE'ing these will pay off soon though

how much do you guys usually sell your implants for?
"Instead of shooting at where I was, you should have shot at where I was going to be!"

"you spent HOW MUCH on a video game?!"

Ironcleaver
02.22.2012 , 02:30 PM | #7
My price for purple Implants...

Level 45s for 15k / 30k Crit
Level 49s for 25k / 35k Crit

I've tried higher prices but the above seems to be the spot where a few will sell every day or two. If I go any lower, it wouldn't be worth my time; barly is as it currently stands.

The other hand, my armormech, I sell level 49 purples for 40k each / 75k crit and they move well.
╒═══╡My 3d Weapon Thread╞═══╛
"My eyes scream for the souls that bleed in my mind." ~ Ironcleaver

acmintz
02.22.2012 , 03:01 PM | #8
i would love to sell implants but it seems that my RE is bugged because after around 80 RE on green implants i haven't learned a single blue...
Akkoh - Sith Inquisitor - Sorcerer Lvl 50
Boricuas Inc.

Aluo
02.22.2012 , 04:29 PM | #9
Yes.

What you want to do is keep crafting the epic 49 recipe you RE tell it crits.

When it crits you get an augment socket that you can put a +28 stat bonus of your choice.

This makes your level 49 recipe better then Columi T2.

You can sell them for about 35-45k depending on what recipe you are selling, and the demand for it.

HERE IS THE REASON YOU WANT IT HOWEVER!

When you get the recipe to craft Columi (T2) itself, you repeat this crafting again tell you crit and put an augment into it. Now you have an implant that is better then Rakata T3 that you can sell on the AH.

On average I sell my Columi with an Augment slot for about 450k a pop. ( Yes I have millions )

That issue you will need to overcome to make those Columi however is that fact that the recipes only drop in EV and KP. What mode doesn't matter.

Hope this helps.

Zaragosa
02.23.2012 , 02:08 AM | #10
So in a nutshell; craft level 49 green implants, RE them to get a blue recipe, then continue making these and REing those blues untill you get the purple recipe?

At this point, make the purples and RE those until you get a crit... implant with an augment slot and sell those on GTN, or keep for your own usage?

All above is a question not a statement...

ty in advance
Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.