Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Funniest line in game?

Emanrahc
03.21.2013 , 02:22 PM | #1111
Elara called me into sick bay for "a very important matter than requires my immediate attention".

I assumed this would be a "personal" matter (if you know what I mean), but it turned out to be a personnel matter instead (specifically, the rest of the crew haven't been filling out their reports correctly).

My immediate thought was "Oh, for goodness sake, Elara. Noone cares about form-filling". But as the conversation progressed, I realised it was all part of an elaborate scheme to get us alone together.

Full convo:
Elara: Sir. There is a very important matter than requires your immediate attention.
Elara: I've noticed numerous reports and personnel documents that the other members of the squad have failed to keep up-to-date.
Elara: I've collected the files into datapads - I suggest the others take them off-ship to fill out. A change of scenery helps when completing reports, I think.
Me: [Flirt] Sounds like we'll have the whole ship to ourselves...
Elara: [Mock surprise] Hm. yes. I suppose that's true, isn't it. Please excuse me a moment, sir.
Elara: So: based on past performance when filing reports, Jorgan will complete his tasks the fastest. I've estimated at least seventy-three minutes.
Elara: Do you think we can find a productive way to spend the time before us, sir?
Me: Is it time for an inventory check or something?
Elara: No, I had something else in mind.
[Kiss; fade to black]
Elara: Hmm. I suppose it's wrong to hope that the rest of the squad gets behind on their reports again soon. Is it time to get back to work?
(Me: thinking: that didn't seem like 73 minutes, so I'm sure we can dally a little longer)
*Jorgan marches *
Jorgan: Dorn! Blast it, where are you?
Elara: Hm. I think our time is up for now.

It's particularly funny given Elara's mannerisms and tone of voice - lots of intense concentration and seemingly innocent surprise.

BramsesII
03.22.2013 , 10:57 AM | #1112
The whole encounter with Malfus as an (alien) bounty hunter on Alderaan is comedy gold. I didn't read the whole thread though, hope it wasn't posted before.

You're sent to pick up something from him, and when you arrive he gives you a whole speech about aliens being the scum of the universe and how you're not allowed to be within 10 feet of him. Reaction?

Bounty hunter: Shut up. *Punch him with durasteel plated fist*

He then sends his guards at you, who are obviously easily dispatched. Afterwards, he gets even more indignant and keeps on whining. Response?

Bounty hunter: You're a slow learner, aren't you? *Beat him mercilessly until he gives you what you need*
Mako on the way out: Wow, I've never seen a sense of self-importance override a sense of self-preservation before.

The funniest is the aftermath though. You get back to the questgiver and he tells you that Malfus has contacted him to complain about you assaulting him, and then asks you if that's true. Response?

Bounty hunter: (deadpan) I may have negotiated with his face a little.

ChewyYui
03.22.2013 , 10:59 AM | #1113
Not in game, but still pretty funny "Working as intended"
The Progenitor - The Alteric Legacy - Kira-chan

Nivek_Sivad
03.22.2013 , 12:15 PM | #1114
Quote: Originally Posted by Duduneco View Post
Probably been said before but I laugh at this everytime I hear it

Baras: ARRRGAGG I CANNOT BREAK HIM!!!!11!!1!!one

SW: I feel your anger, master.

Baras: A BLIND, DEAF, COMOTOSE, LOBOTAMY PATIENT COULD FEEL MY ANGER!!!!!!!1!!1!!111!!!one

Vette: Okay, I'm officially scared.
THIS! Did they remove this line from the game? I remember re-doing that conversation so much and laughed even harder...but my latest Marauder went through the conversation and he said "Tell-me-what-I-wish-to-KNOW!" *shocky shock shock*

DarthVitrial
03.22.2013 , 02:33 PM | #1115
Quote: Originally Posted by Duduneco View Post
Probably been said before but I laugh at this everytime I hear it

Baras: ARRRGAGG I CANNOT BREAK HIM!!!!11!!1!!one

SW: I feel your anger, master.

Baras: A BLIND, DEAF, COMOTOSE, LOBOTAMY PATIENT COULD FEEL MY ANGER!!!!!!!1!!1!!111!!!one

Vette: Okay, I'm officially scared.
I love that part. When I did it, instead of "I feel your anger", my SW responded with "Nice lungs you've got there!"

Anysao
03.22.2013 , 09:14 PM | #1116
Quote: Originally Posted by BramsesII View Post
The whole encounter with Malfus as an (alien) bounty hunter on Alderaan is comedy gold. I didn't read the whole thread though, hope it wasn't posted before.

You're sent to pick up something from him, and when you arrive he gives you a whole speech about aliens being the scum of the universe and how you're not allowed to be within 10 feet of him. Reaction?

He then sends his guards at you, who are obviously easily dispatched. Afterwards, he gets even more indignant and keeps on whining. Response?

Bounty hunter: You're a slow learner, aren't you? *Beat him mercilessly until he gives you what you need*
Mako on the way out: Wow, I've never seen a sense of self-importance override a sense of self-preservation before.

The funniest is the aftermath though. You get back to the questgiver and he tells you that Malfus has contacted him to complain about you assaulting him, and then asks you if that's true. Response?

Facial negotiatiors? I sense a new class...
Ooh! In WildStar, I get double jumps, path choices, and massive PvP! That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?
I will never take someone who says "EAware" seriously.
You cannot escape the Moonbanger!The Ebon Hawk Starfighter Enthusiast.

nateslice
03.23.2013 , 12:32 AM | #1117
Quote: Originally Posted by BramsesII View Post

It goes much the same as a human. The coolest scene in the entire game, IMO. It's also worth mentioning that the questgiver is actually pleased with you if you admit to assaulting Malfus.
Star Wars goodness from Richard Cheese:
Star Wars Cantina
The Imperial March

Emanrahc
03.23.2013 , 02:55 PM | #1118
On Tatooine, in the JK class quest chain, a Jawa proposes repairing some droids to help you:

Brrik: Brrik repairing droids. Jedi and Hare'en having army!
Brrik: Maybe little astromech donating spare parts?
* Brick starts examining T7 *
T7-01: T7 = no spare parts. / / Jawa tries anything funny = Jawa gets shocked.
*T7 extends shock probe*

Anysao
03.24.2013 , 03:51 PM | #1119
Quote: Originally Posted by Emanrahc View Post
On Tatooine, in the JK class quest chain, a Jawa proposes repairing some droids to help you:

Brrik: Brrik repairing droids. Jedi and Hare'en having army!
Brrik: Maybe little astromech donating spare parts?
* Brick starts examining T7 *
T7-01: T7 = no spare parts. / / Jawa tries anything funny = Jawa gets shocked.
*T7 extends shock probe*
LOL... I love T7. Well, loved... He was once my favorite droid, until I tore him apart for parts for HK-51 (and for a brief time, C2-N2. I still regret that)
Ooh! In WildStar, I get double jumps, path choices, and massive PvP! That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?
I will never take someone who says "EAware" seriously.
You cannot escape the Moonbanger!The Ebon Hawk Starfighter Enthusiast.

VorKoom
03.24.2013 , 05:20 PM | #1120
On Hoth going into Loramarr during the 'Spoils to the Victor' quest Empire side. Ashara says 'Do you think these are friends of Andronikos?, I can imagine him living in a cave' Really made me laugh that one.