Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Synthweaving Craftable (Imperial and Republic) Orange Armor Sets Master List

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Synthweaving Craftable (Imperial and Republic) Orange Armor Sets Master List

Lacedemon
04.11.2012 , 08:56 AM | #131
Quote:
Because we do not want players to gamble with reverse engineering custom appearances (orange items) which are often unique quest rewards, the schematics for these items are obtained via mission discoveries for various gathering skills and are set to Bind on Equip to encourage active trading.
Wondering what items fall under this. Does orange gear you buy for commendations fall under this catagory?
Lacedaemon - Juggernaut
The Red Eclipse EU - GM of Drop it like it's Hoth - http://dilih.eu/
World First TFB and S&V NiM Clear
RWZ Rating: Ranked died on my server

Maestrodomus
04.11.2012 , 09:04 AM | #132
Yes, but there is an earlier quote where they said most any modifiable piece will be open to RE. Although, everything since that has been contrary to that statement. In one of those Q&A's someone said a future update (post-1.2) would likely allow RE'ing of world orange drops. Sucks because I filled a bay with Supreme Inq stuff after they said you'd be able to RE almost any non quest reward for a schem.
Dark Fury [Canderous Ordo]

SoyChulo
04.11.2012 , 09:10 AM | #133
Yeah. There was some backtracking on some of the initial statements.

Lyshar
04.11.2012 , 09:35 AM | #134
Quote: Originally Posted by SoyChulo View Post
Yeah. There was some backtracking on some of the initial statements.
Yeah, I totally recall them saying orange gear would be reverse engineerable to learn the schematic. Since the latest quotes all say the opposite it looks like I feel an even greater desire for the Traditional Brocart schematics... except for the headgear that I already have 2 of and which is the only piece people are throwing on the GTN from time to time on my server.

At least I have the Traditional Demicot pieces I like and I think both headband schematics (Sorcerer's and Traditional Thermoweave). So I can live with it for a while.

Chiss Assassin here I come!... tomorrow.

Jadarra
04.11.2012 , 10:44 AM | #135
hmm, well there is this from a developer blog Crew Skills in Game Update 1.2 The date of the blog is 3/20/2012.

Quote:
Modifiable weapons and armor can now be reverse engineered and researched into empty, custom (orange) shells with the same name and appearance, adding a wide variety of new outfits to the game.
That does make it confusing. They've said two different things. Wonder which one is correct?? Can you RE orange armor for schems as stated above, or do the schems come from discovery missions as stated in the Q&A? Or is it going back to what they said in the Q&A, that they were talking about purple modifiable gear from new end game operations?
Karys
Sanctum of the Exalted - Crimson Nova Recruiting Officer

www.crimsonnova.net

SlimsPicken
04.11.2012 , 04:45 PM | #136
RE rate better be sky high.

Im fine with a semi low crit % on crafteds, but the RE rate to gain new schematics better damn well be near 100%...
For every man there is a sentence, a string of words, which has the power to destroy him.

Lyshar
04.11.2012 , 10:07 PM | #137
Quote: Originally Posted by SlimsPicken View Post
RE rate better be sky high.

Im fine with a semi low crit % on crafteds, but the RE rate to gain new schematics better damn well be near 100%...
I don't fully agree. Part of me does, part of me doesn't. If something is supposed to be rare then it shouldn't be near 100% to reverse engineer, as that can easilly lead to the market being flooded with said item. On the other hand getting that rare drop and it not being augmentable can be a turnoff. I feel you should be able to try if you choose to, but with low enough odds to make people just want to use it instead.

A fairly common drop should at least be reverse engineerable with an acceptable chance, doesn't need to be 100% or even 50%, but enough to make people feel they can take the chance.

I found an orange wristpiece several days back, I want to RE that and learn the schematic. You can only get those from drops as far as I have seen. If it gives me a 10% chance I'll probably try it, if it's 1% I'll probably pass.

Frog_brains
04.13.2012 , 12:52 PM | #138
During the initial launch of 1.2 before it came crashing down again. I noticed that the RE Chance from green to blue is 20% and from blue to purple is 10%. I also noticed that on the orange items i didn't see and RE chance, which i understood was to display as well. I also was led to believe that they'd give you a breakdown as to what you'd get from the RE in terms of Mats. I may be missing where this is displayed but I haven't see it at all

Lyshar
04.13.2012 , 01:10 PM | #139
Oranges can't be RE'd it seems, I looked at the rollover info on my orange wristpiece, no chance noted. I didn't see any specification of potential RE material gain either.

But now with this mess I wonder what happened with the crafting order I send to my companion. Will I get my orange crafts? Will my crafts have any chance to be criticals?

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

ActusRhesus
04.13.2012 , 01:51 PM | #140
This thread makes me happy because of all the great info and photos.

This thread makes me sad because it confirms that all republic consular gear is fugly.
Amali
The Corsair
<Spaceballs>