Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Comparing item stats with companion stats

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Comparing item stats with companion stats

gomperz
02.22.2012 , 09:36 AM | #1
Is there a way to check an items stats directly with the same item piece that is equipped on your companion? What I mean is, when you hover over armor/weapons in your inventory, it shows you the positive and negative stat gains by equipping that item for YOUR character.

I can't find a way to do that with my comp. so I have to manually go back and forth comparing stats lol. It's laziness but is there a way to check that?

Aerithel
02.22.2012 , 09:37 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by gomperz View Post
Is there a way to check an items stats directly with the same item piece that is equipped on your companion? What I mean is, when you hover over armor/weapons in your inventory, it shows you the positive and negative stat gains by equipping that item for YOUR character.

I can't find a way to do that with my comp. so I have to manually go back and forth comparing stats lol. It's laziness but is there a way to check that?
Don't worry, there is an option in Preferences. Unless someone beats me to it, I'll repost how you get to it (I'm offline and can't remember off the top of my head).

EDIT: Preferences > User Interface > scroll down to Tooltip, click "Enable Companion Comparative Tooltips." I'd also recommend checking all the other options in the Tooltip subsection.
The Palazzo Legacy
Aerithel, Lvl.50 Marksman Sniper Celesiel, Lvl.17 Corruption Sorcerer
Selphiel, Lvl.12 Sith Assassin
Mind Trick (PvE, EST)

pmiles
02.22.2012 , 09:52 AM | #3
Yes, it's in the UI preferences.
Caveat: Sometimes it doesn't compare the stats unless your companion is currently active in the character inspect window. Happens every so often so if it doesn't compare items, it means your companion has no items equipped of said item (such as waist slot is empty and you are trying to compare a waist armor item) or your companion needs to be set as the active character in the character inspect window. Even with the preferences set to compare, it doesn't always do it as it should.