Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Operative usefull dps?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Operative usefull dps?

Azkit
03.08.2012 , 05:48 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by GeoLager View Post
If you're the only agent in group (which is very common as agents are the least played class), you provide the biggest dps increase with your crit buff.
Once Legacy is out, this won't be true. All the Agent re-rolls who got to 50 before re-rolling will be able to provide the 5% crit buff. This will be true of my Mercenary as well. I'm looking forward to going into flash points with all of my Sith brethren and still giving the entire group the 5% crit buff.

Oh, no idea how good/bad Op DPS is. I only healed on my Operative, so I haven't got a clue.
NIGHTMARES ASYLUM
Server: Hedarr Soongh
Kara Gunn (Op) - | - Ray Gunn (Merc)

Monkar
03.09.2012 , 06:59 PM | #12
short answer

no

long answer

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Monkar
03.09.2012 , 07:16 PM | #13
short answer

no

long answer

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooo

zaknaphein
03.10.2012 , 06:07 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Azkit View Post
Once Legacy is out, this won't be true. All the Agent re-rolls who got to 50 before re-rolling will be able to provide the 5% crit buff. This will be true of my Mercenary as well. I'm looking forward to going into flash points with all of my Sith brethren and still giving the entire group the 5% crit buff.

Oh, no idea how good/bad Op DPS is. I only healed on my Operative, so I haven't got a clue.
Only problem is they said legacy unlocks will not affect anything but situations with ur companions. Additionally unlocked abilities will be on heavy cooldowns.

FalmeseReb
03.10.2012 , 06:12 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by zaknaphein View Post
Only problem is they said legacy unlocks will not affect anything but situations with ur companions. Additionally unlocked abilities will be on heavy cooldowns.
They clearly said that you would be able to provide those buffs in pvp warzones and operations. IA/Smugglers will be really unwanted post 1.2 if they remain gimped.

zaknaphein
03.10.2012 , 08:51 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by FalmeseReb View Post
They clearly said that you would be able to provide those buffs in pvp warzones and operations. IA/Smugglers will be really unwanted post 1.2 if they remain gimped.
They said you would be able to provide a buff from another class to your other character. But they did not say if this buff is able to be shared to your group, or if you can have 2 buffs at the same time..

kuey
03.10.2012 , 11:52 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Azkit View Post

Unfortunately for you the Legacy granted skills are only available when using your 20min CD buff that requires an active companion.

Ezren
03.12.2012 , 05:38 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by kuey View Post
Unfortunately for you the Legacy granted skills are only available when using your 20min CD buff that requires an active companion.
The abilities linked to the 20 min CD companion only buff are the "signature" abilities you get for finishing chapter 3 of the class story lines for that class. They clearly stated the buffs would be gained by all classes once you complete chapter 2 of the story quests. Once you have an operative/smuggler past chapter 2, every other toon on that server should have the crit portion as part of their "buff", at least thats my understanding.

The signature moves and the buffs are obviously 2 different things, since they mention different chapters of the story quests to gain, not the same.

Lithy
03.12.2012 , 01:55 PM | #19
Complete Chapter 2 and unlock class emote and apply that to your buffs.

^ this says it applies the class emote to you buff... and that's it.

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/s...ve-blog/page-5

If someone can link me to a more complete article where it says you get the buffs, I'd appriciate it. but just from this I don't see where it says you get the other classes buffs.

Gwena
03.12.2012 , 06:04 PM | #20
Quote:
Q: Alt: those buffs from other classes, are those self only or apply to all group members? Does that mean we donít need to bring a specific class for ops/warzones? A; yes.
From here.

The way this question was written down is kinda iffy. But since the first part of the question was an "or" question and the second part was a "yes/no", I took this answer to mean that we won't need to bring a specific class along to get their buff, but I could be wrong.