Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Operative usefull dps?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Operative usefull dps?

sobbz
02.22.2012 , 08:30 AM | #1
I was wondering if they are a viable dps class end game...

Natharon
02.24.2012 , 12:59 PM | #2
Comparatively in pve no.

They have the "melee" branch and "range dot" branch, but both are technically melee, thus you will get more from melee/concealment in the end dps wise. So now you have to compare your dps to melee dps classes like dps juggernauts or marauders. No comparison to any ranged dps class. Your sustained damage is going to be much lower, your action regen isn't meant for sustained dps, your best special is stealth based, useless, and your second best special, best sustained damage special requires the mobs back, so if you are fighting mobs forgetaboutit, against a tanked boss it's a bit better, still no where near as effective efficient as the other melee classes. Oh and much less survivability.

PvP. You can make it work, but it still has the same relative short comings, easier to work around with the way pvp mechanics work though. I could speculate on how effective they will be in rated warzones, but we really won't know until they come out. My guess would be, not too effective, much more focus fire, and efficient healing.
♠THE NATHARON LEGACY♠
I Didn't Win The Blue Ribbon, But It Is In My Possession.
<Big Bad Bootie Daddies>

Boissi
02.25.2012 , 01:35 PM | #3
Before the nerf an operative dps was pretty damn boss, especially for trash. Not so sure nowadays (haven't played my operative as dps since), but I'm sure they're still fine. If you want a stealthy melee class, however, I'd still suggest going assassin.

GeoLager
02.29.2012 , 02:48 PM | #4
If you're the only agent in group (which is very common as agents are the least played class), you provide the biggest dps increase with your crit buff.

Caelrie
03.03.2012 , 02:39 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by GeoLager View Post
If you're the only agent in group (which is very common as agents are the least played class), you provide the biggest dps increase with your crit buff.
But your ops group benefits in every way possible if they replace the operative with a sniper.

zaknaphein
03.05.2012 , 03:36 AM | #6
operatives still have high dmg, i need a guard for the tank not to lose aggro, even while using the threat reduction ability constantly. This makes up for the no-gap closer.

All in all for dps we are very competetive, do not listen to ppl who clearly dont play the class. I could say our dmg (melee dpsers) is of the highest atm for the reason above. Remember to use all ur tools.

subrosian
03.05.2012 , 06:52 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by zaknaphein View Post
operatives still have high dmg, i need a guard for the tank not to lose aggro, even while using the threat reduction ability constantly. This makes up for the no-gap closer.

All in all for dps we are very competetive, do not listen to ppl who clearly dont play the class. I could say our dmg (melee dpsers) is of the highest atm for the reason above. Remember to use all ur tools.
Every operative cheerleader uses the L2P argument as though its acceptable that stealth doesn't work as a gap closer, the DPS specs are both positionally dependent, and OP sustained DPS is the lowest in the game. We have completely cut OPs from our raid. We have one of the best OP healers I have ever seen and even that spec isn't good enough because Mercs provide DR and Sorcs have shields and AoE.

For DPS, our one IA spot is covered by a Sniper. OP DPS? I immediatly improve my DPS by cutting the best OP in the world and replacing them with a Mara, Merc or Sorc
subrosian
<Epitome>
epitomeraiding.com

Threskov
03.05.2012 , 07:19 AM | #8
Indeed, Operative DPS is subpar in PvE. Ive been in Ops in many characters, and I only play DPS. Of the 6 chars I have, oper, assassin, commando, gunslinger, sentinel and sage, Operative is clearly the weakest one in endgame PvE.

And yes, those 6 chars are lvl 50.

zaknaphein
03.05.2012 , 07:15 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by subrosian View Post
Every operative cheerleader uses the L2P argument as though its acceptable that stealth doesn't work as a gap closer, the DPS specs are both positionally dependent, and OP sustained DPS is the lowest in the game. We have completely cut OPs from our raid. We have one of the best OP healers I have ever seen and even that spec isn't good enough because Mercs provide DR and Sorcs have shields and AoE.

For DPS, our one IA spot is covered by a Sniper. OP DPS? I immediatly improve my DPS by cutting the best OP in the world and replacing them with a Mara, Merc or Sorc
OP DPS is fine, and yes the sustained dps of an op is positional based. If that's too hard for most ppl to accomplish then i'm happy you removed those operatives from your operation raid, because it's so hard to position urself in a pve encounter. lol

You can fill your raid with mercs or sorcs if you like, but as dps goes they dont provide more damage than an operative. You might only stand at a 4k dmg from a merc missile but operative easily makes those numbers as well.

Dissentus
03.07.2012 , 02:12 PM | #10
I'm gonna laugh if operatives somehow come out as one of the best dps classes when damage meters are put in. Seriously, just play the class you enjoy. If you aren't in a hardcore progression raiding guild that is going for world firsts, then it shouldn't even be a concern.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.