Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Most Powerful Jedi of All Time

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Most Powerful Jedi of All Time

FuriousJimmy
02.22.2012 , 08:35 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by bahugboto View Post
You can't compare Jedi's of different eras, you can only compare Jedis of the same era, fyi Revan, Malak belongs in the old era, a few thousand years before Yoda even existed, so they are infinitely more powerful because it's an era where Force users and practitioners thrive by the thousands. The era of the Skywalkers was an era where force users have virtually been eliminated altogether. Besides that point we are talking about star wars expanded universe lol, it's all fan made fiction, but if you logically want to compare force might, the ancient Jedis are certainly more powerful than ones George Lucas have envisioned. If you want to compare official Star Wars lore, i did say Yoda and Mace Windu.
You're a little bit mistaken on this point. While most EU content(this game by its very existance outside of the movies is also EU) is created by fans, there are actual people hired by Lucasfilm(Leland Chee for one) who keep track of Star Wars canon; including the books which are also official lore.

Zippyman
02.22.2012 , 08:49 AM | #22
If you follow the idea that there was a prophecy to bring balance to the force it could be explained that anakin was the chosen one and fulfilled it by eventually killing the emperor. Personally I think that the prophecy refers to luke and that anakins only role was to father Luke, if you read through the expanded universe he really brings in aspects generally associated with both sith and jedi, so while Luke may not be the most powerful any specific thing he certainly is the most powerful in that he balances the force.
Darth Zip

gabavan
02.22.2012 , 08:56 AM | #23
I'd say Mace Windu, he had a purple lightsaber so you know he pvp'd alot.

filodoks
02.22.2012 , 09:12 AM | #24
is purple crystal means that u pvp alot? dont think so...

Boartooth
02.22.2012 , 09:12 AM | #25
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Krayt

Loved this guy and thought that people should talk about him more than they do. He survived Order 66. He lived with Tusken Raiders. He died and came back to live more than a Phoenix. He looked awesome. All key points.

He might not be the most powerful force wielder....but he has to be in the running.

maatshalz
02.22.2012 , 09:16 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Zippyman View Post
If you follow the idea that there was a prophecy to bring balance to the force it could be explained that anakin was the chosen one and fulfilled it by eventually killing the emperor. Personally I think that the prophecy refers to luke and that anakins only role was to father Luke, if you read through the expanded universe he really brings in aspects generally associated with both sith and jedi, so while Luke may not be the most powerful any specific thing he certainly is the most powerful in that he balances the force.
I would say that Anakin did what the prophecy said. When the republic and the Jedi were at there highest point, he took them down. When the Empire was at there highest point, he took them down (I.E. tossing the Emperor). When Jedis say "balance the force" they know not what they say, balancing the force goes both ways. When the Jedi are in complete control of the galaxy the Sith come back and challenges them. When the Sith become to powerful, the Jedis make a comeback. Anakin achieved his original purpose by fulfilling the prophecy.
No matter how hard I try, my Dreams Die

TooGreat
02.22.2012 , 09:19 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by gabavan View Post
I'd say Mace Windu, he had a purple lightsaber so you know he pvp'd alot.
You Win!

Burzhillion
02.22.2012 , 09:20 AM | #28
You speak about Meetra Surik having mastered many of the lightsaber forms, but it is well established that Yoda, during his 900 years, mastered ALL of the lightsaber forms, which i would think concludes that Surik doesn't stand a chance against Yoda. Concerning the most powerful, i am still going with Yoda, or possibly Luke, because Anakin really didn't get that amazingly strong, as he was cut down, and make quite the little android, which i think inhibited his Force abilities. Yoda has the wisdom, the mastering of the force and lightsaber forms alike, to make him, in my head, the most powerful Jedi

Allsopp
02.22.2012 , 09:20 AM | #29
Jacen Solo if you go into the expanded universe as he grows beyond both light and dark as aspects of the force. Anakin Solo becomes pure force in his final moments saving his fellow Jedi also.

But Anakin Skywalker was born of the force thus making him the most powerful even if his full potential wasnt realised

sinfulace
02.22.2012 , 09:28 AM | #30
luke skywalker is BECAUSE...

when he is re building the jedi order he studies ALL aspects of the force... he gets a power that allows him to see how an event would have played out if somthing ells would have happend...

and shaterpoint power is amazing

also he is the chosen one