Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Most Powerful Jedi of All Time

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Most Powerful Jedi of All Time

BrandonSM
02.28.2012 , 06:49 AM | #231
Quote: Originally Posted by ProReo View Post
I would say Obi-Wan is the greatest. He is the only one who defeated Darth Vader in his prime, he defeated Griveous, fought well versus Dooku, defeated Darth Maul, managed to guide Luke which eventually ended the Emperor's reign, trained Anakin Skywalker and became one with the Force. He was a master of Soresu and his defense was almost unbreakable, tho weak against a Makashi user such as Dooku. All in all, I'd say he is the GOAT.
Vader was prime post-suit.

Obi-Wan was a very impressive Jeid but not the greatest.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

PaperChamp
02.29.2012 , 06:13 AM | #232
Anakin is the chosen one. Luke's destiny was to bring his father (the chosen one) back into the light so that he could fulfill the prophecy of returning balance to the force by destroying the Emperor. With the death of Anakin and Palpatine(the two most powerful force users) balance was restored and they all lived happily ever after.

I don't get why being a 2nd generation Skywalker would make him stronger. I argue that it would make Luke weaker due to Anakin's pure blood being deluded by mixing with Padme's muggle blood.

EatonUK
02.29.2012 , 07:36 AM | #233
you're Al wrong the msot powerful jedi is

MY jedi on the game

hahahahahahahaha

luke can kiss my jedis ***
Nrwoooooaaaaaarrrrrgh rawr rawr

GeneralRedvers
02.29.2012 , 10:10 AM | #234
Can't remember which book it says but the only Jedi to have bested Windu in combat are Yoda and Dooku. Yoda and Dooku are by far the best swordsmen of the Jedi Order. As a Sith Dooku has become more powerful. When he is beaten by Anakin he is supposed to lose since it is a way out of the war for him.

VanorDM
02.29.2012 , 01:35 PM | #235
Quote: Originally Posted by PaperChamp View Post
I don't get why being a 2nd generation Skywalker would make him stronger.
Because Anakin never realized his full potential, Luke however did become what Akankin was supposed to be.

BanesOffspring
02.29.2012 , 01:57 PM | #236
Quote: Originally Posted by Angel_of_Cain View Post
Three topics that will spark an argument

1. Religion
2. Politics
3. Who the most powerful Jedi is...

I would have to go with Luke, but Jaina Solo should not be overlooked either.
Jaina was the sword of the jedi, she was gifted in saber combat and flight combat. She wasn't as powerful as Jaycen in the force, hence why she studied Mandolorians to get the upper hand against Caedus.

Viscid_rius
02.29.2012 , 02:27 PM | #237
Jacen Solo hands down

but in swtor its Lord Hammerzeit

Viscid_rius
02.29.2012 , 02:41 PM | #238
In Invincible, Jaina takes it upon herself to defeat her brother. Caedus' meditations are disrupted by Luke Skywalker, in an attempt to hide Jaina's attack. Jaina, accompanied by several Mandalorian commandos, confronts Caedus, who quickly dispatches the Mandalorians, while Jaina acts as a sniper. When she finally runs out of ammunition, she seizes a Mandalorian saber and severs Caedus' arm. Jaina withdraws, however, due to her own injuries. At the book's climax, Jacen and Jaina face off in a final lightsaber duel aboard Caedus' flagship, the Anakin Solo. Jacen, after coming back to the light, attempts to persuade Jaina of his intentions to protect Tenel Ka and Allana, but Jaina refuses to listen to him, attacking him after he deactivates and holsters his lightsaber, and later slamming the door shut in his face when he tries to leave the fight. After a grueling battle in which both are seriously injured, Jacen is defeated when Jaina severs his Achilles tendon and stabs him in the heart. As he dies, Jacen reaches out to both his former lover and his child through the Force, warning them to flee from an approaching bio-warfare attack designed by the Imperial Remnant to kill them. In this act of selflessness, Jaina sees the remnants of the good man her brother had once been.

he let her win...

Zhauric
02.29.2012 , 03:07 PM | #239
Wow...you want to put spoiler tags or something for those folks who probably didn't read it? You went a bit too descriptive there...

Rayla_Felana
02.29.2012 , 03:17 PM | #240
Quote: Originally Posted by GeneralRedvers View Post
Can't remember which book it says but the only Jedi to have bested Windu in combat are Yoda and Dooku. Yoda and Dooku are by far the best swordsmen of the Jedi Order. As a Sith Dooku has become more powerful. When he is beaten by Anakin he is supposed to lose since it is a way out of the war for him.
Incorrect, the actual statement was that the only people who could face Dooku equally were Yoda and Windu.