Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Most Powerful Jedi of All Time

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Most Powerful Jedi of All Time

Wolfninjajedi
02.24.2012 , 09:03 PM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
What do you mean? Marke played a key part in the start of the Rebellion but I don't see how it was Vaders or The Emperor's idea.

I mean, Vader used Marek to get to the Rebellion leaders. But thats pretty much it.
That was actually a pretty good plan, the Empire did capture all the Rebellion leaders and if they were executed no Rebellion or at least not a long lasting one.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Ruliya
02.24.2012 , 09:06 PM | #142
Oh its fine. The Novels IMO are better for everything cinematic in SW. Novelizations of games and movies always tend to be "better".

And if you think that ending was stupid, your for in for a ride when you read some of the EU.
TBH I'm put off by the "powehouse Luke and Emperor" EU books, dunno what they might turn out like.

I do love the Dark Horse Comics, and have a host of books to read, principally beginning with the Thrawn Trilogy. - Shout at me to read it :P I've heard very good things.

What do you mean? Marke played a key part in the start of the Rebellion but I don't see how it was Vaders or The Emperor's idea.

I mean, Vader used Marek to get to the Rebellion leaders. But thats pretty much it.
FYI i re-played the first game straight through. It was an eight hour block, so minor point might have been missed. During the cutscenes and gameplay I thought Vader told Marek to gather together conspirators, and that it was their (Vader/Palp) idea to coalesce such visions into a rebellion?

I could be wrong, it would mean re-installing and having a look through again ;P nothing too strenuous I suppose;.

Wolfninjajedi
02.24.2012 , 09:09 PM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by Ruliya View Post
TBH I'm put off by the "powehouse Luke and Emperor" EU books, dunno what they might turn out like.

I do love the Dark Horse Comics, and have a host of books to read, principally beginning with the Thrawn Trilogy. - Shout at me to read it :P I've heard very good things.

FYI i re-played the first game straight through. It was an eight hour block, so minor point might have been missed. During the cutscenes and gameplay I thought Vader told Marek to gather together conspirators, and that it was their (Vader/Palp) idea to coalesce such visions into a rebellion?

I could be wrong, it would mean re-installing and having a look through again ;P nothing too strenuous I suppose;.
No their plan was to gather up all the Rebellion leaders and kill them before the Rebellion was formed.

"He was meant to root out the rebels. His sacrifice will only inspire them."

"You must be relentless lord Vader, if even a single rebel survives. This Alliance that we've unwittingly created....will be our undoing."

Thats what Palpatine said.

BrandonSM
02.24.2012 , 09:10 PM | #144

He wanted to round up the conspirators in one place to kill them. And Marek did it withou realizing it. He had Leia, Bao, and a few others in one room. And then Vader came, it was that snowey place and Marek fell of the cliff.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Ruliya
02.24.2012 , 09:14 PM | #145
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
No their plan was to gather up all the Rebellion leaders and kill them before the Rebellion was formed.

"He was meant to root out the rebels. His sacrifice will only inspire them."

"You must be relentless lord Vader, if even a single rebel survives. This Alliance that we've unwittingly created....will be our undoing."

Thats what Palpatine said.
This Alliance we've unwittingly created? So there were people out there, which Marek brought together, to create said alliance, that was their downfall?

He wanted to round up the conspirators in one place to kill them. And Marek did it withou realizing it. He had Leia, Bao, and a few others in one room. And then Vader came, it was that snowey place and Marek fell of the cliff.
Yea, how old was leia when she was captured(or sent to that guy) ? Seemed weird xD but at least we freed her.

Wolfninjajedi
02.24.2012 , 09:15 PM | #146
This Alliance we've unwittingly created? So there were people out there, which Marek brought together, to create said alliance, that was their downfall?

Yea, how old was leia when she was captured(or sent to that guy) ? Seemed weird xD but at least we freed her.
Yes because they wanted to capture all the rebellion leaders in one swift stroke, to kill them.

Ruliya
02.24.2012 , 09:17 PM | #147
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Yes because they wanted to capture all the rebellion leaders in one swift stroke, to kill them.
So they brought a collection of like minded peopel together, to form an all out rebellion which eventually toppled them?

Well played guys :P

Edit: You guys are pretty knowledgeable, thanks. You're keeping me on track for greater understanding ^^

Zippyman
02.24.2012 , 09:21 PM | #148
Since before he truly became Darth Vader it had always been Anakins plan to destroy the emperor and himself rule the galaxy, everything he did as Darth Vader in some way carried with it a plan to lead to sidious' downfall, including his training of Marek and creation of the rebellion.
Darth Zip

BrandonSM
02.24.2012 , 09:22 PM | #149
So they brought a collection of like minded peopel together, to form an all out rebellion which eventually toppled them?

Well played guys :P

Edit: You guys are pretty knowledgeable, thanks. You're keeping me on track for greater understanding ^^
Well, it was actually pretty good plan. Vader never thought they would escape and imagine, lets say your the leader of one of the most successful Empire's ever. And you have all of your enemies in one room, and you outnumber and outweapon them.

The stupid part was capturing them instead of killing them on sight. But the GE still had political trials and what not and they had stay true to their word.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

commaderfox
02.24.2012 , 09:24 PM | #150
would it be yoda because he lifted luke's x-wing out of the swamp by him self