Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is Faction Imbalance going to kill World PvP?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Is Faction Imbalance going to kill World PvP?

Quashar
12.16.2011 , 04:52 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by pitdingo View Post
World PVP is all about the zerg, always has been, always will be. In this game, the Empire zerg will run over any and all Republic players which leads to no one playing Republic, which leads to a slow death.

No sir. A bigger zerg can be easily beaten by much smaller zerg by cooperation. We proved that in AION during it's early months fighting opposing faction that controlled every fort apart from one which was unconquerable until people geared up, beaten them up hard, after which they quit the server.

Cya in Ilium! <3
Republic Player

Edit: And of course, 3:1 ratio will zerg opponents and there is nothing to be done. 2:1 will not pubstomp an organized raid.

Quote: Originally Posted by Otohime View Post
it's all about quality not quantity , 1 mill minions = 1 pro raid of pvp players
/signed
Afterlife PvP Gaming Community
Tomb of Freedon Nad

http://afterlife-starwars.guildlaunch.com/

Waldorf
12.16.2011 , 04:57 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Gizban View Post
No Republic players are going to participate in World PVP if the Empire can simply call in the Legions of Minions.

If the current pattern holds, will this spell the premature death of World PVP in ToR?
All 2 faction OW PvP systems fail eventually. You need 3 factions for them to work, not 2.

MMO Design 101, at your service...

sakamper
12.16.2011 , 04:59 AM | #23
The kids all want to be Anakin Skywalker so itÝs going to be eaven wors after xmas I'm afraid

doombomb
12.16.2011 , 05:01 AM | #24
When I played WoW I played on one of the most active, if not the most active, world pvp servers. The balance in population on each side constantly shifted over the years (yes, years), but when one side was low world pvp didn't die because of it. It simply took a guild full of people who wanted to show that even outnumbered they can win, and after proving such the balance again would begin to shift.

Sure, right now there are going to be a million Imperials (including me!), but given time it will even out or shift in the Republic's favor. Even better, the Republic may come out with more battle-proven veterans

Masanis
12.16.2011 , 05:04 AM | #25
My friends and I went Republic because we welcomed the faction imbalance. We'll just have to play smarter on the Republic side and avoid all the kids with their pewpewrofl force lightning the best that we can.

Also, 300 ftw!

Junebugs
12.16.2011 , 05:04 AM | #26
When people see how populated the Empire is they will go Republic i promise you and Instanced PvP will kinda have some down fall to world PvP but there are FFA PvP planets and a Faction PvP planet once people get up in level you will see some action there im sure you will have people that spend their whole day in those you also get commendations from those world pvp areas so you kinda need to do them

GRINnBARRETT
12.16.2011 , 05:33 AM | #27
OWPVP has always been about who has the bigger zerg. Until a game decides to balance zone populations then it will always be so.

Cosian
12.16.2011 , 05:45 AM | #28
Instanced PvP does not kill world PvP .... poor open world PvP mechanics kill world PvP.

Somehow people think that if instanced PvP is removed it will force people to world PvP. Not going to happen if the OWPvP mechanics are poor. More accurately, if the World PvP mechanics are poor people will simply look for another game.

So if your OW PvP game ....

- Does not have objectives
- Promotes gank style play of folks as they are leveling
- Does not have rewards commensurate with PvE or instanced PvP
- Has a seperate PvP gear and stat path grind needed to be competitive
- Makes it difficult for players joining 6 months down the road to be competive with established players

.... well, there is little hope for sustainable OW PvP.

Regretably I think this game will be fun for awhile, but then, as far as OW PvP is concerned will go the way of all the other MMO's based on this model.

Pandamime
12.16.2011 , 05:48 AM | #29
Take a Note from your friends over at Mythic. Give Buff to the underhanded side does wonders for getting the underdogs out in the lakes.

Please do a better job though, nothing worse than getting ran over by a zerg and not having a buff because there are allies all the way on the other side of the map.

Greensiberia
12.16.2011 , 05:52 AM | #30
In empire tax rate must be raised.