Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is Faction Imbalance going to kill World PvP?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Is Faction Imbalance going to kill World PvP?

Chomag
12.16.2011 , 03:22 AM | #11
The only empire players that are expected to have fun in wpvp on a heavy empire server, are the jedi shadows. Cause stealth = skeeeeeel
Hard mode: Play Republic
Nightmare mode: Play Republic on a pvp server
Are you man enough for the challenge ? Aunt Satele wants YOU.
Republic. No kids allowed.

Hearst
12.16.2011 , 03:35 AM | #12
Considering 90% of the community isn't even to the level/world where most World PvP takes place, I think you're jumping the gun a bit on this.

Nijraw
12.16.2011 , 03:57 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Kadabrax View Post
Its going to balance out after the kids get their game on Christmas
Bro kids now days are EVIL, now back in the day kids had some heros, nowdays kids want the antihero, i have a 12 year old i know, lol.

look at this crap

http://swtorprogress.com/members.php

Here are the totals by server type as of end of day December 13:

RP-PVE servers (entire World): Empire 25,986 | Republic 30,393 | Hey look, more good guys than bad guys. A lot of RP players want to be a Jedi or Smuggler. What a surprise! Not
PVE servers (entire World): Empire 107,974 | Republic 86,269 | Empire +25% population
PVP servers (entire World): Empire 137,732 | Republic 66,586 | Empire has 2.1 times the population

Zythaera
12.16.2011 , 03:58 AM | #14
Before the servers went down, i had fun on tatooine. Had a group of 15 jedi chasing me all over the place for 90 minutes. Who knew being a sith assassin could be so much fun.

World PVP is very much... alive.
:: The Sovereign :: We, the harbingers of death, shall rise from the ashes and conquer all who oppose our reign.

ChaffTheVillage
12.16.2011 , 03:59 AM | #15

Nijraw
12.16.2011 , 03:59 AM | #16
If you want Balanced World PvP you have to roll on a RP server.

CastaDarklight
12.16.2011 , 04:14 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Otohime View Post
it's all about quality not quantity , 1 mill minions = 1 pro raid of pvp players
Sad but its not. 2v3 u can win. 2v4 u just cannot win - to many CC. Same with mass pvp - when its will be fight lets say 50v80 or even more because balanced is totaly for Empire (like 2,5-3:1 on pvp server - and i hope they will do somthing with it) its 100% lose for 50 ppl grou. There is no way to win such thing.

Different is with open pvp - u can get group of ppl and go to other fraction planet. But seems that there is too few ppl on planet now. If i see server full and 150ppl on Coruscant that is really few. So in open pvp there will be a problem to get some enemies.

Maelzrael
12.16.2011 , 04:18 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by ChaffTheVillage View Post
I was thinking the same thing. Good opportunity for a group of ******es to own if they role republic.

Tyranen
12.16.2011 , 04:38 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Nijraw View Post
Bro kids now days are EVIL, now back in the day kids had some heros, nowdays kids want the antihero, i have a 12 year old i know, lol.

look at this crap

http://swtorprogress.com/members.php

Here are the totals by server type as of end of day December 13:

RP-PVE servers (entire World): Empire 25,986 | Republic 30,393 | Hey look, more good guys than bad guys. A lot of RP players want to be a Jedi or Smuggler. What a surprise! Not
PVE servers (entire World): Empire 107,974 | Republic 86,269 | Empire +25% population
PVP servers (entire World): Empire 137,732 | Republic 66,586 | Empire has 2.1 times the population
agreed, this isnt SWG when the expansions came out.

the balance isnt to bad.

the numbers are a bit intimidating to a republic player like myself. But I havent even gotten to any open world pvp zones so im not gonna say its ruined yet.

I think republic players will need to rely a bit more on organizing and guilds.

pitdingo
12.16.2011 , 04:40 AM | #20
World PVP is all about the zerg, always has been, always will be. In this game, the Empire zerg will run over any and all Republic players which leads to no one playing Republic, which leads to a slow death.